It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A light bulb dawns , perhaps

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

I wonder what a volume with high C would look like...

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: mbkennel
So something frozen in time for real would be deep black.

Volumes with really slow C become shiny and reflective due to Fresnel's equations. Or something like that, I hear.

Oh that's different. (You mean those supercooled things which somehow do magic?) Sure. It's stuff with ridiculously large index of refraction of course. You'll get near total reflection for almost any incidence angle.

I was thinking of gravitational redshift. Of course as time slows and goes to zero (from the outside observer)--it's called a black hole.

In your thing, you stop light (and only at some frequencies, I bet a gamma would plow straight through)---but a nucleus would decay at the same rate as usual.

The reflections and refractions become somewhat undefined as the value for c approaches zero inside the controlled volume.

Sure it's more like a collective mode and not 'optics' any more.

edit on 6-12-2014 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: bluemooone2
Now what if the races and much of what we have heard is very real but because of the vast distances and the nature of time and space, even the very advanced and very real beings out there can not travel here physically at all but are able to project themselves here in some way that we do not fully understand and have been doing so for a very long time? [...] Could it all be as simple as this?

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that understanding UFOs is not just a matter of the limitations and constraints of our physical universe, but more a matter of our fundamentally limited intelligence as animals. Our innate intelligence limits our very ability to define reality is such a way that might make UFOs simple and easy. And I'm not saying that we're stupid. For animals, we've done pretty good for ourselves. It's just that the type and structure of the intelligence we possess might not be suited to understanding UFOs.

I have a pretty intelligent cat, as far as cats go, but it will never understand anything as simple as where the water comes from out of the faucet.

Well if you believe Bedlam, it's because we're like cats compared to Einstein and von Neumann.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unresponsible
a reply to: bluemooone2

I like your thinking and what I think gives it real traction is seeing what's happening with our technology.

We're still in the infancy of space travel...hope to get people back on the moon and mars soon. But far more cost effective are telescopes and the evolving technologies around them.

Now we can start reading the atmospheric compositions of exoplanets. In fifty years, who knows. We might start actually start seeing terrain and landscape features. In a hundred, we could be getting a google-earth-eye-view of planets a dozen light years away. As you say, what if we start finding ways to project ourselves virtually to other planets, like a technological OOBE.

Anyway, not saying that you're right, but it's possible I think.
And if so, we could be absolutely surrounded at any given time by millions or billions of interested parties. Alien school excursions right through our living rooms. Biologists in the bathroom, anthropologists around our beds.
*chills*

LOL OMG ummmm..... OMG

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Up with the Sheilds captain !

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Cheers ! I just thought that I would bump this thread here to get some more responses and help me work this one out some more if possible. Only here on ATS are such posts at least taken semi seriously.So thanks
a reply to: Unresponsible

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join