It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Windows 7 save as default folder location: how do you set it to stay the same?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   
question: Does anyone know how to set the setting to always save to your last save as location?

I'm not sure but it seems like I must have different settings on my home pc than my work computer because on my home pc (both running windows 7), the computer remembers one of a few of the last save as locations, sometimes it seems to remember by web site. I don't know if this is possible or if it remembers file type. Now on my work pc, I believe I always have to locate where to save the file every time starting from scratch. Whatever setting my home pc is preferable since it is often closer or in the right folder. What I do not understand is why my home pc may suddenly change folders as the default save location when my last save as was to a different folder. Does anyone know how to set the setting to always save to your last save as location? I have no idea what my home pc is doing or why. My home pc is 64 bit windows 7. My work pc might be 32 bit. I do not know if that makes a difference.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Click start > click on your name at the top right > right click downloads > properties > location tab.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   
One way to be able to get to your downloads all the time. Is to do this.
Right click the Windows orb.
Click properties
Click customize button
Scroll down list until you see Downloads.
Check the "Display as Links"
What this will do is put a link to the start menu. So every time you click the Windows orb you will see the "Download" link on the list of available folders to go to.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Thanks for the tips and replies.

I will check them out when I'm back using my pc.

new topics

top topics

join