It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pack of teens beats man to death near Ferguson, but protests sparse

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+40 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Zemir Begic was a teenager when he and his family fled Bosnia in the aftermath of a bloody civil war. In America, he found work, friends and love before a pack of thugs beat him to death with hammers on a city street in St. Louis early Sunday.

Police have arrested three teens and are looking for one or possibly two more in the brutal murder of Begic, 32. The married immigrant who was driving his car when the teens approached at a traffic light and began striking it with hammers, prompting him to get out and confront them, according to police.

Pack of teens beats man to death near Ferguson, but protests sparse

That Ferguson is just such a lovely place.
This is what peaceful rioting breeds, it brings out the best in the community wouldn't everyone agree?
Between the smouldering ashes of burned out businesses and police presence everywhere, teenage thugs with hammers can still play in the streets.

+25 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
the right of the poeple to keep and bear arms, shall save you from death via hammer.

+21 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Although the victim was white and the suspects black and Hispanic, police said it does not appear to have been a hate crime.

^^^^thats why protests are sparse

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Oh so they were arrested and will most likely spend a long time in prison? You mean to tell me that these thugs won't get away with it and avoid a trail?

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: LurkingRelentlessly

yup.
the current goings on have played a major factor in leading me towards the decision to carry.
i hear stuff like this every day
i was on the way to the doctor today and i was listening to talk radio and one of the stories out of cleveland was a female bus driver was attacked by a man on the bus.
he went at her with a brick stuffed in a sock.
she was hitting the panic button but the cops did not respond until a call came in from a cell phone

people need to protect themselves not more than ever imo

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
Oh so they were arrested and will most likely spend a long time in prison? You mean to tell me that these thugs won't get away with it and avoid a trail?

Na non of them have graduated the academy yet.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Will there be a Grand Jury indictment?

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
What a tragic irony this poor guy had to leave his country and the violence there only to be attacked and killed here.As the artical correctly descibed his attackers as"little thugs".And how are the police so sure this wasn't related to Ferguson I have no idea.

+41 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Will there be a Grand Jury indictment?

They will probably go to a juvenile hall until they are 18, then they can go back on the streets and thug it up for free cigarillos in the Ferguson shops.

Maybe the St Louis Rams football team can come out on the field waving hammers next week.
edit on 1-12-2014 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: LurkingRelentlessly
the right of the poeple to keep and bear arms, shall save you from death via hammer.

So will the gas pedal.

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Wow! That is horrible. .....too bad the guy hadn't stepped in the gas and taken a few of those thugs out.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Freakin ridiculous right?! Such B.S.!!!
No OutCry because the victim wasn't, well if I say it, then I'm Racist.
That in itself is Bull S T!! Just sayin'. Syx.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   

They will probably go to a juvenile hall until they are 18, then they can go back on the streets and thug it up for free cigarillos in the Ferguson shops

yep, and even if they go to prison instead of juvee, they'll only serve a little time compared to the life they took, and while there learn other criminal behavior and come back out on the streets and be more of a danger to others.

link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1
Wow! That is horrible. .....too bad the guy hadn't stepped in the gas and taken a few of those thugs out.

Im for that idea.But I wouldn't be the one probably charged with vehicular manslaughter.In light of recent local events I wouldnt be surprised.Even if he was just trying to escape.

+22 more 
link   
Ferguson is a ghetto in north St Louis, predominantly black. This all happened in south St Louis, a mixed blue collar neighborhood. Area is known as Bevo mill where thousands of Bosnians settled after escaping the jaws of genocide. When this occurred people immediately said that this was race driven and the victim targeted because he was white. SLPD was quick to come out and say that there was confrontation earlier and the motive was not racial This is a massive cover up. There is very little coverage in the media on this but plenty of coverage of the ferguson bullcrap

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
When seconds count, the Police are only moments away.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   

reply to: TinfoilTP

Maybe the St Louis Rams football team can come out on the field waving hammers next week.

Or,

wear hammer armbands !!

edit on Dec-01-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
When seconds count, the Police are only moments away.

well that is true all over. there's a grocery here in our area that's not in the city limits. they got broke into and the alarm went off. it took the sheriffs dept almost 15 mins to respond. the really sad part is, the sheriffs dept is only about 1/2 mile from the store.
edit on 1-12-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

originally posted by: LurkingRelentlessly

So will the gas pedal.

Nope! Then it would be a hate crime!
"White driver runs over African American children" the Headlines will read.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: RamsOnTop

Of course it wasn't race related.

Can you imagine the snow ball effect it would have if the media actually reported these things in the context that they occur?

People at the top are sweating bullets right now just hoping this blows over without a major firestorm. The problem is these events are occurring more and more frequently (as are the revenge killings). Neither have to be justified and only one will gain media attention. Keep the majority cowed is the goal regardless of the actual circumstances. Do not let the majority get into a frenzy or control is lost.

It's better to just say this random white guy was just in the wrong place at the wrong time when a group of disenfranchised youth happened upon him with hammers. Nothing to see here, move along...........

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join