It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McMass Project Launched To Save Christianity In America

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
"Save" Christianity? Really?
Why is it in trouble?
Science negating all the 'miracles'?
Pedophile scandals?
Slavery scandals (Magdalene laundries etc.)?
Wealth-flaunting mega-churches?
Failure to abandon the thinking of the middle ages?
The hijacking of Christianity by the extreme right?
Infighting between the 41,000 different types of Christian?

If the church is losing 'customers,' it's simply 'survival of the fittest.' Ironic, since they seem to detest Darwin.
This kind of reminds me of the churches where a holy relic was placed. Boosted attendance. Shame that John the baptist didn't really have 200 toes (every church seemed to have one "brought back from the crusades...").

It used to be floods and plagues, and burning bushes. Now it's the lure of a Big Mac. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
This is why I don't get the whole Christianity thing. If your God specifically tells you NOT to do something... shouldn't you like... LISTEN to him?

And Jesus entered the temple and drove out all those who were buying and selling in the temple, and overturned the tables of the money changers and the seats of those who were selling doves. And He said to them, "It is written, 'MY HOUSE SHALL BE CALLED A HOUSE OF PRAYER'; but you are making it a ROBBERS' DEN."

Mathew 21:12-13 for anyone playing along at home.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
As I said earlier there was a time when church members bought potluck to the church basement after mass, this they shared with poor folks and each other ,so although I am no longer a church goer I used to love that about them,this however will have the potential of removing organic community participation to corporate sponsors ,much like Walmart and other big companies kill local mom & pop stores and stands.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
a reply to: Krazysh0t
Yea, they hated christ too.

Unfortunately, the preachers aren't also imaginary storybook characters. Instead, they're running a scam on those who feel a deep-seated need to be scammed.
edit on 2-12-2014 by Tangerine because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Ha! Blaming obesity on McDonalds is like blaming it on the spoon for helping food get in your mouth. I am sure anything sold there must be taxed with sales tax. Though, I wouldn't know the ins and outs of that. McDonalds wouldn't be what I would want to see, but, I know plenty that have coffee/sandwich shops in them.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
a reply to: Spider879

I would think that they would have to pay taxes just on that part of their business as it is a registered franchise. Of course I could be wrong as I am only assuming. But I would bet that they have to run that part of their "business" as an actual public business.

I am religious myself, and agree that they should have to and I'm hoping that they do because yes... There would be huge potential for abuse.

I do not think they pay taxes on it because of the 501c3 status.
Not because of it being chrch but cause it is chairity?
imo that whole churches filing for tax exempt status is a way to get them in the gov. program
no house of worship have to file but this goes beyond my view of worship and they should pay taxes.

i think the link went on the blink right after they got press
i know it was being done through crowd sourcing i wonder if they met their goal?

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
As I said earlier there was a time when church members bought potluck to the church basement after mass, this they shared with poor folks and each other ,so although I am no longer a church goer I used to love that about them,this however will have the potential of removing organic community participation to corporate sponsors ,much like Walmart and other big companies kill local mom & pop stores and stands.

every third sunday will be free large fries day with every attonment offered
i heard their competition will be Jew Burger
just a simple place to kill time and fill up on bs

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
a reply to: Krazysh0t
Yea, they hated christ too.

Unfortunately, the preachers aren't also imaginary storybook characters. Instead, they're running a scam on those who feel a deep-seated need to be scammed.

What is this scam you are speaking of and how is it deep seated?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join