It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former UBS Executive Live-Tweeted Plane Evacuation After Bomb Threat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Not a lot out there on this, and I am surprised that there isn't already a thread:

There's a bomb threat at New York City's JFK aiport, the city's fire department tweeted around 12:15 p.m. on Sunday.

"We are standing by precautionarily at JFK," an FDNY spokesman told Business Insider shortly after the tweet came out. "We're awaiting information from the Port Authority."

source

From the the NY post:

The incoming flight from Barcelona, Spain, landed just after noon and was immediately met by Port Authority police, who brought the plane to a designated hanger to investigate.

Firefighters and PAPD K-9 units arrived to conduct a thorough search of the aircraft, which was being cleared of passengers.

The circumstances of the threat are still unclear at this time, PAPD officials said.

source
edit on 30-11-2014 by jadedANDcynical because: add on fron NY post

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

American Flight 67 out of Barcelona. It's a Boeing 767-300. They deplaned everyone and are searching the plane.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Thanks, I didn't get that from the OP at all.

As for the bomb threat. It's so common nowadays. Happened every day at my high school for two weeks once. Kids just wanted to postpone the midterms they still ended up taking. I don't know what the excuse for a plane threat is though.

All this constant fear and anxiety, and you wonder why chaos is ready to make the world collapse.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Lynk3

I've heard everything from someone they didn't like was on the flight, to someone calling in a bomb threat because someone was going to be late checking in and they wanted to make sure they could get on the flight.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

All I can find a that the bomb threat was called in and the authorities are still trying to follow up on the source of the call.

All clear apparently:

NEW YORK — Authorities at John F. Kennedy International Airport say they found nothing dangerous on an American Airlines plane after a bomb threat was called in.

Joe Pentangelo with the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey police says all is now clear after the bomb threat.

Pentangelo says authorities are now investigating the source of the call.

source

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

A lot of the time, unless they find the person that did it, they never know the reason for it. Those are just reasons that I've heard where they caught the person that called.

top topics

join