It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Inbox Messages Are Shown As Already Read

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
This happened on my last account too....sometimes when I check the inbox I see no new messages..nothing is bold..but then when I click on the first message it was indeed a new one. Sometimes this happens and sometimes it doesn't.

Does anyone else have this happen?

It is either a bug or someone is reading my messages.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
It's an old glitch. If the sender reads the message in their outbox, before you read it in your inbox, it shows as read on your end. No one is reading your messages, except the person that sent them.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
NSA

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

thx mate...i figured it was a bug since it happened on both accounts.....

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

I apologize, but you really should make your password more difficult.

Michael - junior nsa analyst.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: IntastellaBurst

if you were in the NSA you'd have top level access to the email servers and just copy the email files away and browse at your leisure so as not to disturb the person...then if there was anything juicy send in the jack booted swat teams and blow him away or give him the gitmo orange

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: rockpaperhammock

I have similar issue. I click 1 post reply to mine...read the one...and the ones unread all disappear without being opened??????????

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
It's an old glitch. If the sender reads the message in their outbox, before you read it in your inbox, it shows as read on your end. No one is reading your messages, except the person that sent them.

Is that to say that mods cannot read such messages?

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

most email services are easily open to reading peoples emails if you have the right powers, unless you have some sort of end to end encryption for the content of the email such as PGP etc but the headers have to be readable to allow routing (basically like sending a letter the post office needs to know where to send it as they aint got telepathy yet) and that doesn't include governments just slurping up every last bit of data for the fun of it as it travels between machines

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
Is that to say that mods cannot read such messages?

No. Mods cannot read private messages. Only administrators have the ability to read private messages, and they rarely do. Only if they receive complaints about severe T&C violations via PM.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Only Admin can read member U2Us and then ONLY after a complaint by the member.

join