It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loud Bangs Heard across the UK last night

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: wycky

That is what I heard - exactly - more or less a bit more space between some of the bangs I think

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: tommyjo
Thank you for explaining that

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Earthfiles reporter Linda Moulton Howes reports the bang was heard in Buffalo, NY at around 4:45pm EST. I'm about two hours north of Buffalo and I cannot recall if I heard anything or not.

I have heard the cellphone recording, but to me it sounds like distant thunder at the beginning and then it speeds up to almost as if something is breaking or crunching, but magnified by a lot of forces.

I cannot find that video, but it was posted a couple of months ago on C2C, where it shows a hillside and the hillside was cracking due to the underground movement, this recording sounded almost like it.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I heard these sounds here in North London/South Herts I am guessing between 8:30-9:30 exactly like the sounds that the Daily Mail have posted.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndOfDays77
When i heard about these joint events i did suspect tectonic plate movement.

Well this info has just come in tonight

*Adjustment Of The Mid Atlantic Ridge*

poleshift.ning.com...

Right on!

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TopTopic
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

that would be the FS-50 a stealth fighter jet its code black info so i don't know much but i did find out its about 10 times faster then the blackbird, a supersonic recon jet, there was supposedly a piloting test and from reading over my dads shoulder the jet went from a airbase near west point to a English air force base, that's across the Atlantic mind you, in a little under 17 min. i was like WHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTT!!!!!!!! O_o

Hahaha oh man I havent had a laugh like that in a while. Fs-50? wow.

On another note, even if we had a jet ten times as fast as the SR-71, it would take 17 minutes for it just to even get from altitude (150,000 feet as you put it) to touchdown on the runway.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
9.30 ish Wolverhampton UK sounded closest to fireworks heard only one. I remember thinking its too late for fireworks and there was no visual. Didn't think much of it until i saw this!

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
Heard the same bangs in Stoke on Trent area. Very strange stuff, thought nothing of it last night as it was just one of those things, but heard all over the UK too? Weird.

Also in Stoke too, heard them very clearly here. Was very strange to say the least.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: HelenConway

If that Daily Mail cell phone recording is legit take a listen to this. Seems to be AAA Anti-Aircraft guns being fired off. Take a listen to this video and others to compare.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com... If this guy would shut up in this video it would sound just like the recording.

Is that what you all heard last night????

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge
No - It did not sound like that- that is very distinct gun fire.

It was like a cross between muffled shot gun fire and fire works - intermittent and loud - as loud as say fireworks if they were being set off within half a mile .

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Can you confirm if that cell recording is accurate from what you heard? It sounds like a electrical storm then to go into overdrive for a bit. I wasn't talking about the obvious close gunfire, Just the distant AAA gun sound.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Sorry, that was us.

Bit of an engine test gone wonky, they were supposed to take it up on a suborbital check flight to get some calibration data. Instead, the inertial reduction system got a bit intermittent. They ended up ditching in the ocean.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Can anyone in NY or around there confirm that the youtube-daily mail recording was something they heard aswell?

I cant think of why that same noise would be in NY as well. If it was the Tectonic plate it would have set off earthquakes everywhere along the Atlantic ocean.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Woah. thats weird, maybe its something to do with plate techtonics. Heres a video I ran across that might be helpful

www.youtube.com...
edit on 1-12-2014 by Eagle3d because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Patriotsrevenge

Can you confirm if that cell recording is accurate from what you heard? It sounds like a electrical storm then to go into overdrive for a bit. I wasn't talking about the obvious close gunfire, Just the distant AAA gun sound.

I listened to the whole tape - it sounded different to

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
edit on 1-12-2014 by FearYourMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
im.ft-static.com...

it IS fracking. this is the noise when shale is compressed. it sounds like gunfire, and being sedimentary it can travel hundreds of miles depending on how deep the seismic activity is. a lot of people near the affected areas reported minor tremors. it happens a lot in usa but folks out there just think its the military doing test firing. if you look at the map on the link here and one previously mentioned in this post you can see they are the same area.

When they start a fracking exploration firstly they drill down this is known as flaring and the noise is similar to an industrial whine with a high pitch squeal. Once bored the pumping then starts which is the fracking stage the pumps run constant for several hours pumping in water until pressure is reached and then they keep pumping, you can tell because theres a definite change in pumping noise, when the noise changes thats because the water has burst through the shale and this releases a little bit of gas. The actual seismic activity isnt heard because of the operation of the machinery nearby, however tens or hundreds of miles away it can be heard as a low bang, rumble or sometimes if the shale splinters it sounds like a machine gun almost. This is a relatively new thing in usa too. people are just starting to report this through mediums such as youtube, go listen to some of the videos taken of live recordings of fracking and flaring. Not nice.
edit on 1-12-2014 by Notgod because: spelling error

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Pretty weird if you ask me.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
On the news tonight, they were talking about this. They said that the sounds were heard from the U.S. all the way to U.K. Their explanation was that it was some kind of experimental plane. I have no more details as I wasn't really paying attention to the newscast.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: peewee1263
On the news tonight, they were talking about this. They said that the sounds were heard from the U.S. all the way to U.K. Their explanation was that it was some kind of experimental plane. I have no more details as I wasn't really paying attention to the newscast.

the aurora doesnt make that noise, im lucky enough to of lived near boscombe down, UK. the place where they write the manual on how to fly every military vehicle that comes through europe. Ramjet, pulse jets make noises which are similar to a machine guns, however its precise noise. you can hear it come and go just like you would an aircraft conventional engine, its kinda like listening to an air drill but slower sounding noise. listen to archived aircraft footage from a lot of airshows on youtube, you can hear pulse engines. the noise which many people recorded was random bangs, chattering noises which didnt have any pattern. If something has no pattern then its normally assumed to be something which isnt manmade. they exhausted possibilities, they asked the weather people, no they said, they asked the RAF no they said, they asked if it was a military excersise, no they said. its no debris from out of space, its no thunderstorms. the only other explanation must come from the ground. There are other engines out there which produce louder bangs such as a nuclear pulse drive, this technology was messed about with in the 1950s and deemed far to stupid and expensive to use.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join