It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loud Bangs Heard across the UK last night

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

It's the kilt monster you need to worry about in them hills [ Hamish the kilt monster ] has been sighted by young maidens all those bangs were nothing to do with him honest

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

Well that explains it then doesn't it!

Jane

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
UK media are now reporting that the sounds were heard in the UK and and New York at exactly the same time. This is so strange!

A loud boom was reported by a number of people in upstate New York on Saturday afternoon at the same time as a similar noise was heard more than 3,000 miles away in the UK

Daily Mail
edit on 30-11-2014 by 11I11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Foo_Lovers
The mail now has a video recording posted of the bangs taken on a mobile. Have to say do sound like fireworks although something slightly different about them. Didn't hear them in the south east where I am . www.dailymail.co.uk... se.html

Nah mate thats not what I heard up here. It was a single, loud (not local but definitely skyward, not overhead, not near) BOOM. Just the once. Then nothing - silence. However, it sounded odd enough for me to go WTF then make a point of checking the time.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Btw Ive heard sonic booms before. This was close - but not quite.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: HelenConway

I thought I heard and felt something yesterday. I didn't know what it was. I looked out my window straight away to see if it was Lightening/Thunder but no. And it also felt like it came from below anyway. I passed it off as just being a noise from 'pipes' or possibly a Firework (I even thought at one point 'an explosion' ' a bomb' but now you posted this Thread, it must have been something else. There was some 'bomb' threat but that was way up North and I'm down East London.
edit on CSTSun, 30 Nov 2014 16:30:42 -06000000003004x042x0 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: 11I11
UK media are now reporting that the sounds were heard in the UK and and New York at exactly the same time. This is so strange!

A loud boom was reported by a number of people in upstate New York on Saturday afternoon at the same time as a similar noise was heard more than 3,000 miles away in the UK

Daily Mail

Now that definately is a co-incidence.

Something strange is afoot.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: 11I11

Well that's very strange isn't it. Would a sonic boom from a plane somewhere over the Atlantic or crossing the Atlantic do that? I wonder if and how they are connected?

It is possible to hear things from long distances. I don't know if anyone remembers the Buncefield explosion? It was heard as far as France (125 miles away) and the resulting plume was seen 70 miles away and was visible from space too. People woken up by it thought that it was a mini-earthquake (me included) and it measured 2.4.

Buncefield. Wow, was it really 2005!!!
edit on 30/11/2014 by YarlanZey because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
If it is a meteorite shower there are the Alpha Monocerotids, Taurids and Leonids. All of these are listed a bright (I know I have linked wiki but it's somewhere to start. However, I am doubtful with this explanation as they would have reported it being the case or we would have at least had reports of bright showers. I have noticed sometimes if there is a notable event that it is included with the weather i.e. the supermoon we had in October.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: HelenConway

hahaha you are lucky that i came along my father works for Boeing air and space and there was a new TS project i overheard him talking about and it sounded as if they were talking about a bunch of small drones that would be shot off a slingshot thing and they would take flight they are able to break the sound barrier apparently maybe that's what you heard maybe there was a "swarm test" (as my father referred to it as) nearby if you ever hear it again look up.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

that would be the FS-50 a stealth fighter jet its code black info so i don't know much but i did find out its about 10 times faster then the blackbird, a supersonic recon jet, there was supposedly a piloting test and from reading over my dads shoulder the jet went from a airbase near west point to a English air force base, that's across the Atlantic mind you, in a little under 17 min. i was like WHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTT!!!!!!!! O_o

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: jockstar

in my other reply about the FS-50 that would be it its crackly like that it was at such a speed where it was in a continuous sonic boom.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TopTopic
That might be Kinloss then....if it went past Nessie and Douglas

Jane

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Kinloss?Nessie?Douglas?

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
The only thing I know of that has been heard at such distances is a large volcanic eruption.

For the sound to occur near the same time, the volcano ought to be about halfway between the two points - New York and England.

Given that they are over 5,000 km away, that's... odd, but not unique. The mid-atlantic ridge is sort of halfway between the two.
edit on 17Sun, 30 Nov 2014 17:24:37 -0600America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago11 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

www.scotlandsplaces.gov.uk...

That is the only place they would land something that top secret

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

yes kinloss was where it landed yeah thanks

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Just put together a simple map showing the UK points where it was heard.

Cheers,

Cado

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Nice map man

edit on 30-11-2014 by MediToker because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join