It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dying man cured with vitamin C, doctors deny it.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: toastyr

No, it's a statement. Multiple anecdotes does not make a scientific data point. It can be used as a starting point for forming a hypothesis but testimonials and anecdotes are NOT scientific evidence. They are uncontrolled, unverifiable claims and as such are unreliable, the very opposite of scientific data.
edit on 30-11-2014 by GetHyped because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Saying that vitamin C is good for the body and can cure a range of diseases is something you have to support with evidence. Citing a case such as this one and stating it's evidence is untruthful. Evidence requires deeper inspection to separate coincidences from causal agents. This case could be explained by other factors than the vitamin C, so it shouldn't be cited. Science is picky and hard to like, but the only way to answer this question is to ANSWER it and it's the reason we have many modern conveniences.

Those doctors weren't denying vitamin C was helping Alan anymore than people deny works of God. They were just being skeptical. IF they had to accede to every family's wishes, they'd be out of business quick. Doctors aren't there to do their work as instructed by the patient or patient's family, but to follow their many years of schooling and professional advice of other doctors. They're doctors because they usually know better than us. If you're going to tell a doctor what to do, have strong supporting evidence.
edit on 30-11-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

Citing a case such as this one and stating it's evidence is untruthful.

Your statement is weird.

The guy was dying. The doctors told his family there was nothing more they could do.
The family insisted he be given high dose intravenous vitamin C. The doctors gave him intravenous vitamin C.
Then he recovered.

What's untruthful about it?

Here's a good example of the way medical doctors do research:

For more than 20 years, the Hoffman Center has been using high-dose vitamin C drips in its cancer support protocols. The initial impetus was from Linus Pauling who, together with Ewan Cameron, pioneered the use of high-dose C in cancer in the 1960s. Cameron and Pauling found that vitamin C helped cancer patients live about four times longer than cancer patients not given vitamin C. They administered high-dose vitamin C in the form of sodium ascorbate given orally and intravenously to treat more than 1,000 cancer patients.

So far, so good. Now...pay attention:

Nonetheless, vitamin C for cancer suffered a setback when Dr. Charles Moertel of the Mayo Clinic, an arch foe of nutritional therapies for cancer, sought to disprove Pauling’s thesis. But he did not follow the Pauling/Cameron instructions or regimen.

Dr Moertel himself died of cancer.

LINK

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

They're doctors because they usually know better than us. If you're going to tell a doctor what to do, have strong supporting evidence.

How about the fact that if you have a painful joint injury, like a sprain, the doctor will recommend NSAIDs.
(Ibuprofen, tylenol, Aleve, Advil, Motrin, etc, etc, etc)

Yet it's been scientifically proven that NSAIDs destroy both bone and cartilage. Yea...the docs know better!

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I hate to bring it up but I may as well, lol:

Do vitamin C supplements cause anyone else any stomach discomfort (if taken on an empty stomach with a drink) , or more importantly, any small bouts of diarrhea? Anyone with gastrointestinal problems?

They don't sit well for me. I have IBS of course, but I take an aggressive (lol) approach to dealing with it so it's not that big of a deal, but I still find myself skipping out on it. I don't eat much fruit for the same reason. I do however get a lot of tomato and interestingly, banana peppers, and kool-aid. I doubt the tomato or peppers do much but, I think kool-aid has alot of vitamin C added.

edit on 11/30/2014 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

Yes there is such a thing as Vitamin C threshold when taking oral Vit C, usually 2000mg daily, sometimes less is enough to cause diarrhea. That's why it suggested to use lipsomal encapsulated vitamin c or IV vit c because they pass through the stomach and directly to the cells.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

does anybody Know the affects of VC and M.S and if it helps with big doses

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
A close personal friend of mine was a toxicologist/pathologist. He owned a large drug research facility testing drugs on mice, rats, dog, pigs, monkeys, and rabbits. In 1992 he was diagnosed with malignant lymphoma. He was given 6 months to live. His oncologist wanted to put him on chemo. When told the drug of Choice, Jack told the Oncologist: "I tested that on dogs and saw what it did to them, if you think you are going to use it on me you are crazy". He went to Europe and got over 50 GRAMS a day IV Sodium Ascorbate (the IV form of C) It cured his lymphoma and he lived until Dec of 2010.

I spoke to him in late 2010 about my problems. He gave me specific instructions for mixing my own IV. I started with 80 grams a day for 4 days. On the morning of the 4th day I awoke and my vision was astounding. I had been wearing glasses since the age of 14, I no longer need them. A cataract in my right eye totally disappeared and has never returned. I have a different form of Lymphoma, I do 80 grams a day sometimes for a week, it has done amazing things for me. I am not having any problems with the lymphoma. I feel great, I do not get colds or flu.

I have researched Vitamin C, and we are supposed to be able to make it in our liver. There is a chain of 4 enzymes in the liver that are supposed to convert glucose to vitamin C. We lost the ability to synthesize it eons ago. It is supposed to be our first line of defense against disease. Without it, our immune system is overworked from the moment we are born.

I am a living Guinea pig to the vitamin C thing.. It is amazing, beyond amazing. Some people think i am nuts for mixing and administering my own IV, but I live where I can get everything I need to do it without prescription. It works and I feel great.

I talked to a molecular biologist in Norway about the liver enzyme, and he said it could be fixed. I told him, yes, but nobody will every spend a dime doing it because doctors and the drug industry would be out of business.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

The vitamin C did little to nothing to help this man, rolling him into the prone position is what saved his life.

err.ersjournals.com...

edit on 30/11/14 by Chadwickus because: Better source

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Did little or nothing to save his life??

You work for a drug company??
edit on 30-11-2014 by SubSea because: comment did not appear

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Vitamin C can cure many diseases. I have researched this subject all ready. It can sometimes make things worse or open another can of worms sometimes also.

I don't think most people should take high doses for a long time though. For a week or two would be all right for three quarters of the people. There are some people who cannot tolerate vitamin c well though, and it appears that it is about twenty five percent from what I have read.

One man's medicine is another man's poison I guess. I would never suggest to someone to take high levels of vitamin C for any longer than a few days myself. But it is a free country and we have the right to do these kind of things and take care of our personal healthcare. We keep vitamin C pills in the cupboard in case we need them.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: SubSea

How did vitamin c drain all the fluid from his lungs then?

You're all claiming it saved his life, his life was saved by getting the fluid off his lungs.

I'm saying putting him in the prone position is what saved his life.

Did you bother to read the paper I linked to?

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: SubSea

How did vitamin c drain all the fluid from his lungs then?

You're all claiming it saved his life, his life was saved by getting the fluid off his lungs.

I'm saying putting him in the prone position is what saved his life.

Did you bother to read the paper I linked to?

Good god! who opened your coffin lid and let you out again?

Something that bothers me here is the claim that putting him in a prone position is what cured him.
Ok, so why wasn't it done earlier, like BEFORE the demand for the vit c ?

This man was written off by the doctors as incurable, they were going to TURN HIM OFF!
The family demand vit c and SUDDENLY the docs consider putting him in the prone position! even though they'd already made the decision to turn him off.

So, why didn't they consider sitting him up until after the demand for vit c? Could it be they were worried the vit c might work and so they sat him up so that they could say - Behold! We sat him up and he lives! thereby hiding the wonderous cure that vit c seems to be?

It stinks.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: RayVon

does anybody Know the affects of VC and M.S and if it helps with big doses

Check out this guy's discussion on MS, he's brilliant:

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Its the doctors job to deny it, because they are making money off us abusing our loving precious bodies with their toxic gunk chemicals.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

Read the paper I linked to, it doesn't work for everyone.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoveSheild
Its the doctors job to deny it, because they are making money off us abusing our loving precious bodies with their toxic gunk chemicals.

Including intravenous vitamin c..

What? You think they just squeezed a whole bunch of oranges into a bag?

Pharmaceutical and biotech companies make intravenous vitamin c!

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

What do they make it for, if it does not work ?

Why do doctor's vehemently resist trying it, in favor of things which make people look like long dead corpses ?

Why do I feel instantly better if I ingest a spoonful of ascorbic acid, which in EVERY CASE, gives me a jolt of energy and any cold that feels like it is coming on disappears ?

Why do I get the feeling that this is the same systemic denial that is in place all over this planet.

Why is something SO OBVIOUS not tested "Scientifically" to see how many things it DOES for us, and why in hell are people denying the truth, that this IS a conspiracy.

Man, if someone in my family gets cancer and they deny this treatment to them, and I hear of it no end of bad tidings will take place for the medical industry.

Since taking forms of vitamin C, and not listening to doctors, I am instead of being sick as a dog more than 20 times a year, to NOT SICK AT ALL, in the last 4 years, and 3 times in the last 10.

Spent years in hospitals, I can remember every trigger to bad health, man, too much.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Yep smh thats a shame.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO
Apparently no small number of physicians are using vitamin C treatments. Not clear if any one is being cured of anything but it does seem to provide some benefit.

Seems "big pharma" is not displeased.

Estimated yearly doses used (as 25g/50ml vials) were 318,539 in 2006 and 354,647 in 2008. Manufacturers' yearly sales were 750,000 and 855,000 vials, respectively.

www.plosone.org...-0011414-g002

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join