It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Cricketer Phillip Hughes Remains 63 Not Out Forever.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
After the tragic death of Australian Cricket player Phillip Hughes who died on Thursday after being hit by a cricket ball in a match on Tuesday has had his score card amended to show him not out forever as a mark of respect , his shirt number of 64 has also been retired following his death.

I'm not a follower of cricket myself but was shocked by the incident and saddened to learn of the subsequent death of Phillip Hughes , by all accounts a player with a bright future ahead of him and well respected within the game.

The scoreboard had listed him as retired hurt but the match was abandoned and he was not replaced.
"It might seem like a little thing, but it's an important distinction," said CA chief James Sutherland. "Phillip will forever remain 63 not out."
www.bbc.co.uk...

I think it's a nice gesture and a fitting tribute to the man , this plus the many tributes from around the world must be of some comfort to his family in this time of sadness.
RiP

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

yes how sad. I don't follow cricket but it is all over the news.

such a tragedy.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
What a fantastic gesture. Phil Hughes was only 25 and was on the verge of making a return to the Australian Test team, when this tragedy unfolded.

He will forever be remembered and my heart goes out to his family and friends, but inparticular the bowler Sean Abbott, who delivered the fatal bowl.

It was a freak accident, one that has not occurred previously and one that will hopefully never happen again.

RIP Vale Phillip Hughes 1988-2014.
edit on 30/11/14 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

but inparticular the bowler Sean Abbott, who delivered the fatal bowl.

I agree , it's easy to forget him with the focus being on Phillip Hughes but this must be a life changing time for Sean Abbott too , from what I've read people are rallying around him to give him support but I do feel for the guy.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Another cricket death. Umpire killed in Israel.

www.bbc.co.uk...

R.I.P. to both.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Thanks for the link alldaylong I hadn't seen the story , that does sound eerily similar to the Phillip Hughes incident.
A sad week for the game.

(post by drclintcornellpac removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

new topics

top topics

join