It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"American is now a curse word"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: michaelbrux

I think the Russians are just pissed because they got jacked up in Afghanistan and when our time came...we subdued it and left fully intact. Afghanistan used to be the place where Empires die...after the USA came its a Poppy farm.

Time for your reality check we are still in Afghanistan. And the only thing we have done so far there was to make heroin cheap for the junkies here in the states.

the world is embarrassed because they tried to take out the American and the American took a huge dump on all of them.

When did the world try to take out America? Is a terrorist group lead by a man with close ties to the President so close that the Presidents called that mans brother uncle is equal to the world?

America is not in Afghanistan and America has been under attack continuously since 1972.

You use your own intelligence briefs to determine reality and I'll use mine.

My own counsel is far more valuable than the tripe you regurgitate from the news wires.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Time for your reality check we are still in Afghanistan. And the only thing we have done so far there was to make heroin cheap for the junkies here in the states.

Actually that heroin doesn't come here...

We do not tell them what to grow, so what do we do? I followed a tractor pulling about 5 tons of black tar to the market one time. Do we take it and destroy it, is that within our right to do since it is legal in that country to grow? A good size village spent a year to make the stuff so they would most likely starve too if we took it. There are a lot of variables here to deal with.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Or do you think Ukraine just volunteered to give them the right to have that vote, you know the one to leave Ukraine?

Crimea was it's own autonomous nation it didn't need Ukraine's permission to do squat.

Care to point out who these Nazi's are since you seem so sure of that fact?

You mean besides the President that said they should nuke people of Russian heritage that lived in the Ukraine?

Yes in the 50's when Iran was not so "Death to America" as their national slogan.

So your knowledge of history is kind of lacking in this area. What did America do to Iran in the 50's? I'll give you a hint we staged an overthrow of their government and installed a dictator that serve corporate American interests.

And they really need nuclear power, especially when they sit on the third largest oil deposit in the world. But then maybe Iran is wanting to become more environmentally friendly.

Yes because it's a real bright idea to wait until you run out of oil and then start to develop other forms of energy. Iran signed the NPT that gives them the right develop nuclear energy for peaceful purposes.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

What your video was about was early in the Iraq war where anyone could have been a bad guy or not depending on the time of day.

Is that why the government was so upset about Manning releasing it? I mean being innocuous and all.

If you watch the video closely and listen to the radio chatter, you will see they "target' the men with cameras calling the cameras "AK47s' and RPG's".

In broad daylight with cameras and "milling about". You can call it "fog of war" if you like.

That was an ambush. They went looking for those guys because they were not the approved press the US military sought.

First the pilot calls "SUV" but quickly changes it to "Bongo Truck". They aren't blind. They are intentionally painting folk as enemy to cover their actions. They knew who they were "engaging".

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: michaelbrux

America is not in Afghanistan and America has been under attack continuously since 1972.

Who has been continually attacking America since 1972? Here's a link to help you with something we call history.
War in Afghanistan (2001–present)
The word present means still ongoing.

My own counsel is far more valuable than the tripe you regurgitate from the news wires.

If this "counsel" is the same person that tells you we are not in Afghanistan then you need another "counsel" because that one doesn't know squat.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

originally posted by: Realtruth
a reply to: Rosinitiate

"American is now a curse word"

So is "Tequila" if you drink to much

Opinions are like............ya know.

Well, see, I'm an asshole.

I guess I'll take one for the team.

lol The comment wasn't directed at you, but rather the person in the podcast.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions and ideas.

But knowing you'd take one for the team makes you a stand-up person for sure.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

like I said. you act off your intelligence, I'll act off mine.

America is no where near Afghanistan or Iraq and hasn't been in nearly 8 years. don't be mad at me, i'm telling you the truth.

Wikipedia is the one you should be angry with.

America is not the drug pusher/addict or the flesh trader...not the home invader or the armed robber.

that's someone else you are thinking of. probably one and the same that thinks American is a curse word.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

You do know it wasn`t his opinion, but it was about ordinary Russians who now say that.

It was to point out that 20 years of good will has now been destroyed in 1 year, and it won`t return back quickly.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

Actually the reason we cannot change anything is because the country itself is split about 50/50 on the issues among voters.

Typically, a third of the population vote for an issue, a third against and a third don't care either way.

Voting is all digital now, there are no ballots to recount. "Voting machines" upload to other computers that show results as pixels on a screen.

You can trust that if you like. I don't trust the people in charge of the computers.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

First the pilot calls "SUV" but quickly changes it to "Bongo Truck". They aren't blind. They are intentionally painting folk as enemy to cover their actions. They knew who they were "engaging".

Well the white Bongo Truck is basically their SUV, MRAP, delivery truck or whatever. There is like a million over there used for everything.

I was at a pretty high level of ISR and in all my experiences over there nothing like how you explain happened in anything I saw. There were 1000s of reporters from all over the world, I do not see a reason to single out any of them since they all reported with little controls on them. The embedded ones with our troops had some control to be embedded, but that would have been never ending and fruitless effort as you think what happened.

BTW what was it that these reporters were reporting on that signed their death warrant?

edit on 30-11-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Actually the reason we cannot change anything is because the country itself is split about 50/50 on the issues among voters.

Typically, a third of the population vote for an issue, a third against and a third don't care either way.

Voting is all digital now, there are no ballots to recount. "Voting machines" upload to other computers that show results as pixels on a screen.

You can trust that if you like. I don't trust the people in charge of the computers.

I agree with you that digital voting is susceptible to unscrupulous people. So far at least no party has been able to take and hold power long term so I doubt at least as of yet that either side has found a way to cheat enough to outright take over.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: michaelbrux

America is no where near Afghanistan or Iraq and hasn't been in nearly 8 years. don't be mad at me, i'm telling you the truth.

Just to be clear...

When you say "America is no where near Afghanistan or Iraq" what do you mean? We do have troops in both countries though we have not been in an active war type situation for years. I personally was in both countries this last summer, and in Afghanistan we still engage now and then when out bases are attacked.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

These are "Bongo Trucks" in Iraq.

BTW what was it that these reporters were reporting on that signed their death warrant?

The war… from the Iraqi side.

[quote]I was at a pretty high level of ISR and in all my experiences over there nothing like how you explain happened in anything I saw.

"I din't see nutin…"

You were in intel… do tell. Whats one of the highest priorities when conquering and subjugating people? Controlling their press. Not only news black out by knocking out tv ad radio, but any other sources of information to the people.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven

I agree with you that digital voting is susceptible to unscrupulous people. So far at least no party has been able to take and hold power long term so I doubt at least as of yet that either side has found a way to cheat enough to outright take over.

It keeps it a 2 party system. Does it matter which party takes power? The 2 party system do not want any other party to gain momentum or their voters might follow along.

We almost had a 3rd party here in Canada and poor SOB died before he could finish. These digital machines will make it so nobody has to be suicided or cancered in order to keep the 2 parties in control.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

so I doubt at least as of yet that either side has found a way to cheat enough to outright take over.

That doesn't stop them from trying. Florida, 2012,

rabbit hole

You can also google, voter machine fraud .

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

We do have troops in both countries though we have not been in an active war type situation for years

I have a bit of hard time believing that.

When I hear advisers being send, I know special operations are taking place, and to me that`s active war.

Opinions can differ however.

If UK is involved, US is probably too...

SAS quad bike squads kill up to 8 jihadis each day... as allies prepare to wipe IS off the map: Daring raids by UK Special Forces leave 200 enemy dead in just four weeks

Source

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

So somehow that Justifies Russia's actions? LOL

Crimea 'voted' for it? Really? REALLY??

When in history has a nation that has won it's freedom from an empire EVER voted to rejoin an empire that dominated it?
If you don't think that 'vote' wasn't well set up in advance by Russia...well,....myopic is a kind term and keeps the moderators happy....

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Calling a screw up 'deliberate' is pretty biased in my book.

I recall a naval book I read many decades ago that related a story that might shed some light on the 'fog' of war.

They used spotters in WWII in naval ships in the day. A spotter called out 'plane' thinking it was a Japanese kamikaze attack. Turned out to be a seagull. They crew razzed the crap out of him. The Captain found out about the razzing and promptly invited the rating who had made the error to have dinner with him at the Captain's table and said to the crew better to mistake a seagull for a plane than a plane for a seagull....

I know this will 'move' you not in the slightest, but for more objective members it sheds a light on assume the worst and correct that if and when additional information come to 'light'.

Err to worst case scenario...it will, in the long run save lives.

To call it deliberate is a little....cough, cough, harsh...

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Anyone still thinking EU is better should take the time to watch this documentary...

Source

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Calling a screw up 'deliberate' is pretty biased in my book.

The only "screw up" is the video made it to the public eye…

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join