It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunk this exorcism

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique
Do you think that there could be any validity in anything he does though? Or do you think all of those people are bogus or actors?

Hey,

You stared the thread,

How about you answer your own question,

using words please, no youtube videos as an explanation, please.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I'm a Christian and I think those are fake. Don't take this personally. Just some thoughts:

- what's with the cross? Jesus didn't have a cross when commanding demons to leave, and He didn't have to, that seems to be a Catholic idea;

- he seems to be provoking the demons. You're not supposed to do that, even an angel in the Bible said "the Lord rebuke thee"

Jude 1:9: "Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.";

- a demonic manifestation would likely come along with at least one of the following: lights flickering, voice change to something that would sound like the equivalent of a cougar speaking, incredible physical force;

- it looks too theatrical to me, the way they are acting;

- actual convulsions from a demon would be much more violent than those portrayed in the second video (those first 18 seconds seem kind of comical, to be honest; the intention of a demon acting violently would be that the others would fear for the safety of the person in question, while that doesn't seem to affect her physical safety at all, only make her look rather ridiculous);

- regarding the languages, from the little I saw (I didn't watch the whole video), she seems to be trying to copy the accents, rather than actually speaking the languages. Even if she is indeed speaking the other languages, it could have been rehearsed (we don't know those languages to detect if she has an accent and even if she doesn't have an accent, she can be very good at languages). Another option is that she may not be speaking any real language, just gibberish;

- something I don't quite understand is why the priest is wearing Catholic clothing (in the photo) when I think, since he doesn't perform those with Catholic rites, he's supposed to be from another denomination. The photo seems really sensational, it doesn't inspire much trust, in my opinion;

- those people may actually be thinking they are possessed, thus acting that way, I think there's a name for this kind of stuff, where the person becomes so convinced of something, they actually act according to it, even though it is not true;

- on the third video, around 4 minutes and 24 seconds he seems to be almost reasoning with the demon "you are going to let this man go, you understand me?" - that's not how it works - you are to speak with authority! See Acts 19:13-16 (which also proves my point about demons being violent, they are demons, after all):

Acts 19:13-16: "Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call over them which had evil spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying, We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth. And there were seven sons of one Sceva, a Jew, and chief of the priests, which did so. And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye? And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded."

The following verses also show the commands and the violence of the demons:

Matthew 8:28-34: "And when he was come to the other side into the country of the Gergesenes, there met him two possessed with devils, coming out of the tombs, exceeding fierce, so that no man might pass by that way. And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time? And there was a good way off from them an herd of many swine feeding. So the devils besought him, saying, If thou cast us out, suffer us to go away into the herd of swine. And he said unto them, Go. And when they were come out, they went into the herd of swine: and, behold, the whole herd of swine ran violently down a steep place into the sea, and perished in the waters. And they that kept them fled, and went their ways into the city, and told every thing, and what was befallen to the possessed of the devils. And, behold, the whole city came out to meet Jesus: and when they saw him, they besought him that he would depart out of their coasts.";

- it also doesn't make any sense that he smacks people on the back with his Bible, what's that supposed to do? And nowhere in the Bible will you find such a thing!

- regarding the video that you added in your reply to yeahkeepwatchingme: again, the idea that demons hate symbolism comes from Catholicism and is not biblical at all, if anything, it's opposed to what the Bible calls idols. In no way, shape or form do you find on the Bible that demons can't look at a cross or any other symbol and feel repelled by it, that's also connected with the idea people have on repelling evil things in general, all of those come from paganism and magic charms. God is against that:

Deuteronomy 18:10-12: "There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch. Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. For all that do these things are an abomination unto the Lord: and because of these abominations the Lord thy God doth drive them out from before thee.".

These are just some things I would like you to think about, I didn't watch the whole videos, just some bits in order to know more or less what to say.

Overall, it actually seems that he's giving Christians a bad name, because those are not according to the Bible and are just laughable, bad acting.

I'm sorry that the post is so long, I hope you read it all.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Emma3

Good post

Just to clarify why Catholic priests use relics: I was told by a long time friend, who is a priest, that the relics are not necessarily there for the afflicted. The exorcist uses them to stoke their (the exorcist) own faith to an even greater degree. They're not throwing bibles at people or crosses or what have you. He likened it to wearing your favorite team's jersey to a game they're playing in. Shows your "team spirit" and solidarity, makes you feel more connected, etc.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
This one is more like it:

This was the state of the girl after playing with a Ouija board. Whether you think it is demon possession or not, I'm pretty sure everyone agrees on one thing: the girl has got issues...

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

instead of asking for people to debunk them - why not show credible evidence of thier veracity ?

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Thank you

It's not like the Catholic church agrees with what the Bible says anyway, but (I don't really want to start a debate on that here)... It's just obvious he's not an actual Catholic exorcist. A Catholic exorcist would have to have special authorization from the Vatican to perform exorcisms, and Catholic exorcisms are long, extensive prayers, like the other priest mentioned in a video where the man in question is exposed, a Catholic exorcism can take weeks. And from what I gathered, he charges for the exorcisms... He's just in it for the money.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Okay, this exorcism is debunked... or is bunky.

This topic, exorcism, is a murky pond full of scum and bottom dwellers... as well as algae, tires and larvae... but even though I think (know) Larson is a typical smarmy, scamming televangelist, and that religion has a few things wrong with it's view of this phenomena (whichever religion... they all have at least a slightly different take)... there might well be something real to aspects of it.

Many people think they have experienced spirits... or invisible intelligence... and I'm one of them. I'd even go so far as to suspect I may have been partially "possesed" ... or at least influenced by something without a body of it's own... for a time. It's a rather long story that won't convince anyone... especially if they weren't the one experiencing it. But if people are right, and this stuff has some reality to it at times, then maybe the baby shouldn't be thrown out with the filthy, ridiculous bathwater.

Perhaps these (mostly) invisible beings exist and sometimes interact with us... and perhaps some combination of intent/ mental effort can influence the ghosties... make them go elsewhere, for example... maybe the obnoxiousness (or boring recitals) of the exorcist drives them off... who knows.

But Larson is a fake... IMO... and is making a living off a possibly real, but grossly misunderstood and rare, phenomena. Just because spirits do seem to exist in some manner doesn't mean anyone knows the whys and wherefores of it all. And these "afflicted" folks are mostly repressed, confused humans using ritual to express themselves... most of the time, anyway. So maybe spirits exist... but that doesn't mean any church necessarily knows anything more about it than anyone else. But it does provoke some weird musings.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Yeah lets see....well lets just say that this was his brainchild. Teenage exorcists!!!!

Soo what was it it I am supposed to debunk again??? There is just a lot of ways I could go with that.

Demons can be sexually transmitted, say three young exorcists, and when it happens, it can be a real menace. The girls, who hail from Phoenix, Arizona, are featured in a new documentary by film Vice.com. They travel all over the world, meeting with people who have been afflicted with what they say are sexually transmitted demons, and commanding those demons to leave the person alone. The ringleader, Brynn Larson, was raised by televangelist Bob Larson, who claims he recently cured a man of a homosexual curse and the demon inside him. The elder Larson believes that about 50% of the entire world’s population is possessed by demons.

guardianlv.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Demons can be sexually transmitted, say three young exorcists...

Can I pretend to be gay and have Brynn and Co. 'cure' me?

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I was kinda thinkin the same thing.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I was kinda thinkin the same thing.

Me first. I do not want your sloppy demon seconds.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You have just won this entire thread. All of it.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I made a thread asking about exorcism videos and why are there no real ones.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Demons can be sexually transmitted, say three young exorcists...

Can I pretend to be gay and have Brynn and Co. 'cure' me?

Methinks you'd end up with Bob purging demons from inside you.

edit on 30-11-2014 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Do you think this one is acting?

ROFL!

absolutely...

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: CallYourBluff
How on Earth do these people keep a straight face?

Money.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

that's asking too much.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

jesus...it's like power rangers for the christ crowd....almost looks like it could be one of them hokey teen dramas on the CW...

EDIT: lol, holy s**t, i almost forgot...Sexually Transmitted Demons? ROFL, do they make a condom, or pill for that?
edit on 12-8-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   
All this does is demonize the mentally unwell.
I have seen people who some people may think are possessed but they are just mentally unwell. They get the right treatment and they can get better.
No use for any exorcist because they do more harm than good.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus

EDIT: lol, holy s**t, i almost forgot...Sexually Transmitted Demons? ROFL, do they make a condom, or pill for that?

I'm sure that there must be a relic you could slip on for that

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join