It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunk this exorcism

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Bob Larson is about as legitimate as Benny Hinn, and about as Christian as I am.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

Ask yourself this:

Would a guy who proclaims to DWJD (Do What Jesus Did) and cast out demons, charge people ten bucks to first find out if they even have them? I went to take the "Demon Test" on his website and was directed to my PayPal account! I don't recall Jesus charging a dime for anything he did, ever. This guy is milking people and he is able to get away with it because it's under the guise of religion. The people in those videos are either acting or highly susceptible to his act. The demon test is probably how he screens for the people most gullible to the power of suggestion. The most dramatic ones end up on YouTube to reel in more people. Oh and for the record, I declined to pay for the test and did not take it.
edit on 11-29-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
We must be really bored to watch these videos.

No 360 head spins.
No green vomit.
No speak in tonges.

.......fake.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Ya this dude is just trying to make some money.
Who's parents would let their child be with this man

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Not to be an epic douche, you say debunk this exorcism... and sure enough its Bob Larson.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
The demon test is probably how he screens for the people most gullible to the power of suggestion.

Bob Larson's Demon Test! Answers: Never, In My Past, or Currently.

1. Do you sometimes exhibit uncontrollable outbursts of anger or violence?
2. Have you experimented with two or more forms of the occult?
3. Have you been sexually violated (raped, incested, molested)?
4. Do you sometimes manifest behavior not consistent with your normal personality?
5. Do you abuse alcohol or drugs to escape painful past experiences in life?
6. Do you commit immoral or illegal acts, contrary to your customary values?
7. Have you ever attempted or contemplated suicide?
8. Are you sometimes overwhelmed with feelings of severe depression and hopelessness?
9. Do you indulge in self-abusive behavior such as anorexia, bulimia, cutting, or self mutilation?
10. Have you experienced life changing trauma from which you haven't recovered?
11. Do you know of ancestors who committed murder, suicide, or sexual perversion?
12. Do voices tell you to commit illegal acts, blaspheme God, or indulge in immoral acts?
13. Have you asked Satan to take your life in exchange for something?
14. Do you live a fear based life resulting from paranoia or multiple phobias?
15. Have you experienced emotional or physical abuse from your biological parents?
16. Have you been emotionally or physically abandoned by either biological parent?
17. Have you felt repeated, disabling episodes of rejection or depression?
18. Have you failed repeatedly in significant relationships?
19. Have you failed to experience trust and lasting love from a significant other?
20. Do you consistently experience serious health or financial issues?
21. Are you significantly hindered in prayer, worship, Bible reading, or church attendance?

Source (Free of charge!)

I am certain this test is just to find those he can easily manipulate.

Check out how effective he is on people who don't already believe in demons.

edit on 11-29-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Kinda hard to debunk something like this. People are either acting, or they truly believe. Or want to believe, anyway.

The entertainment value on this stuff is crazy high, though. I remember watching shows like his in the middle of the night when I had the duty. Passes time like it's nothing!

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Just like every other religious figure on television, he's a scam artist who's in it for the money.

Instead of asking people to debunk this silliness, how about you provide any shred of evidence that it's legitimate?
edit on 11/29/2014 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Its okay to believe in the devil but only as a dwarf with little pig feet and cute trident.

There I debunked him.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique
Do you think that there could be any validity in anything he does though? Or do you think all of those people are bogus or actors?

You didn't include the options of mentally ill or hypnotized.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer
Just like every other religious figure on television, he's a scam artist who's in it for the money.

Instead of asking people to debunk this silliness, how about you provide any shred of evidence that it's legitimate?

Well said.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

It was interesting how much time he spent with the three young people. I noticed that he moved his hand around a great deal, perhaps to test their susceptibility to hypnosis. It would be interesting having a skilled hypnotist watch this and give his/her assessment. If that was his intent, he didn't succeed. Clearly, he performs better with pre-conditioned subjects who already believe they're possessed and believe he has the power to exorcise demons. It's a bit like someone posing as a doctor telling someone they have a disease and describing the symptoms to them. If they're suggestible, they'll start experiencing or believing they're experiencing those symptoms.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
Bob Larson is about as legitimate as Benny Hinn, and about as Christian as I am.

Benny Hinn is a first rate hypnotist. He puts on a good show.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Do you think this one is acting?

That's freaking CREEPY!

At 8:26 he goes all fifty shades of grey on her.

"You want a wake up call, I'll give you a wake up call!" Then he slaps her butt with a bible. WHAT THE HELL?!

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Pinke

I love Bob Larson! He is a special kinda creepy crazy. Only to be out creeped by his three exorcist teen daughters

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Wonder what the curse is? The freemasons here must know if their families are cursed or not.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Exorsism is not proof of God's backing. See Matthew 7:22, 23.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   
yeah i'm almost leaning toward hypnotism.

during welcome week at loyola, they had this great hypnotist come in and it was really scary. i think i was literally the only one in the room who snapped myself out of it before it was too late (i went in thinking it might be fun but started feeling not-good when he pulled out his flashy-stick thing and proceeded to not pay any attention till dude was done with the initial hypnosis). the power of suggestion is HUGE once someone gets hypnotized. I wonder if any of these people remember what they did after the fact or not. I bet if they don't he says it's just 'cause they were possessed.

And as for his demon test--LOL. How about stick with the roman catholic exorcists and how they get it done. they are the only exorcists who i actually believe are legit.

I think it's sad how so many people fall for this kinda thing.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   

What about your opinions?

I think that it's total bunk made to cash in on vulnerable simpletons personally.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
How on Earth do these people keep a straight face?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join