It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police officers' responses to Rapper jailed for lyrics may surprise you.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I thought another thread on this rapper was all about the image of the gun on the album, it didn't even mention the lyrics.

Oh Yes, here it is: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Duncan faces 25-years-to-life on gang conspiracy charges

Prosecutors will reportedly look to prove that the album art "willfully promotes, furthers, or assists in any felonious criminal conduct. He has no criminal record. Nothing in his lyrics say 'go out and commit a crime.'... ...yet they are holding him liable for conspiracy. "We're not just talking about an album of anything, of love songs," Campagna reportedly told the judge in court. "There is a revolver with bullets" on the album cover.

Regardless, it's nice to see there are cops who believe in holding up the vows they took and the law.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

I thought another thread on this rapper was all about the image of the gun on the album, it didn't even mention the lyrics.
Read further. It isn't about the album cover either.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
I love how you guys still find excuses to hate police even when they're on your side.

There are far less cops on your side, than there are the ones on their own side.

You need to get real man, did you read that Serpico report.

They're on your side, that's like saying a Politician is honest, people are so dam stupid, believe any dam thing people say, give me a #ing break.

Another thing, I bet those cops are rookies, it takes time to become a real, Pig.
edit on 29-11-2014 by OOOOOO because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

A member of LEAP.

Respect. A great organization.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: OOOOOO

What's funny is that in your argument that all cops are pigs and only on their own side, you chose to cite a cop who was NOT on "their" side. Serpico was still a cop. So let me guess: "yea he exposed corruption and took down a whole rack of crooked cops but still a pig man!" Am I right?

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
The distribution companies should be catching charges. They are the ones promoting gang violence in rap. THEY started the old east-west beef, and they probably hold a crap load of stock in private prisons. Insider trading!!???

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

What's funny is that in your argument that all cops are pigs and only on their own side, you chose to cite a cop who was NOT on "their" side. Serpico was still a cop. So let me guess: "yea he exposed corruption and took down a whole rack of crooked cops but still a pig man!" Am I right?

No kind of got it wrong, there are good cops bad cops, I work around cops all day.

After the Sepico investigation, it was found 10% of the cops were totally good, 10% were totally bad, the other 80% would go either way, so do your own math they are not all bad. But the ones that might be good are pressed by the bad ones to be bad.

What I said "There are far less cops on your side, than there are the ones on their own side" (For the most part, they will look out for their own interest, before they would look out for yours. Like most people.)

And it takes years to develop that cop mentality, for the most part.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I love how you guys still find excuses to hate police even when they're on your side.

how on earth did you come to that conclusion......they arrested him and he faces a life in prison yet did nothing except write songs......

The cops just serve arrest warrants, they don't decide who gets arrested in a case like this. If they get a warrant to arrest someone they cannot just decide they don't like that warrant and toss it. Even if they did the next cop will do his job and arrest the person.
This rap lyric case is not like jaywalking but it is funny how all the radical anti law enforcement crowd likes to pretend it is so they can blame the cop and not some politically motivated prosecutor. It is the lazy way out, instead of fighting the system politically they just rail against the cops and foam at the mouth over a chance to loot some sneakers and budweisers.
edit on 29-11-2014 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

This rap lyric case is not like jaywalking

Nor is it a "rap lyric case". While the lyrics might be used as evidence, the charges have nothing to do with them.
www.popehat.com...

edit on 11/29/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

This rap lyric case is not like jaywalking

Nor is it a "rap lyric case". While the lyrics might be used as evidence, the charges have nothing to do with them.
www.popehat.com...

Wow deep stuff. They are going down the river.
Still why blame the cop for arresting someone? Why is this being discussed as a rapper being arrested only for lyrics?

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   

They are going down the river.
Maybe. Depends on what kind of evidence the DA has. Lyrics and an album cover ain't going to cut it. I would think that if a judge indicted there is more to it than that.

Why is this being discussed as a rapper being arrested only for lyrics?
Because "rapper charged in murder conspiracy" isn't as interesting?

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Nope. According to your own figures, there's the same number of good cops as bad cops. The rest are in the middle somewhere.

And really, a d-bag is a d-bag. Rookie or captain, cop or firefighter or garbage man. And really, saying that LEOs are like most other people after you just referred to them as pigs is talking out of both sides of your mouth. They're pigs for doing it, but it's just human nature. Or something.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   

they may not decide whom gets arrested but because they are the ones enforcing the laws they get the blame......you are right though the rage needs to be directed to a higher power

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

www.popehat.com... "

Good grab . Once again the media has us looking in the wrong direction .

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I would not call a good cop a pig. A pig is just a piece of crap no matter how you look at it, if you take a cross section of the general public, you get the same thing, for the most part people are crap, face the truth. The world is a lie.

More people will do bad than good if given a chance. Now days, they say, back threw history how stupid, evil, cruel, perverted, the people were, well what is the difference right now, there is none.

The world and our government for for the most part are crooks, cheats, perverts that do pretty much nothing but lie, to the stupid people.

Quite trying to twist what I say.

A lot of firemen are, fire bugs, pedophiles like to work with kids, this is fact.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I read VERY thoroughly, to start with I read the title at the link:Calif. rapper faces life sentence for album lyrics.

The thread title,as is common on ATS, reflects the title at the source.

You see, some people only want to point fingers at others to make themselves look better. (Prosecutors trying to make a name for themselves, not smug posters who like to point to everyone else's mistakes to look smart, while actually having nothing to add to the conversation).

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman
You said this:

Over at Police One I was reading about the California rapper " Tiny Doo" being arrested and charged over album lyrics

He was not arrested or charged over album lyrics. He was arrested and charged for conspiracy.

edit on 11/30/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

As far as i can see the police in America are on their own side..

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

So,what do you think about the officer's responses ? Or did you just stop in to troll a bit?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join