It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I found this article about the film "9". I think they are on to something.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
lol those are some weird assumptions.

From what i got from the movie 9 it's about artificial intelligence and how a facist government uses them to dominate the world. After this happens robots realize how weak humans are and so the brain bot controls the other robots to feed it human souls as a power source.

Without anything to stop the robot, It wipes out humanity and becomes deactivated. That is, Until it absorbs an unsuspecting soul and comes alive.

A researcher seperated himself into 9 dolls, he broke apart his soul.

How each deal reprisents a different part of humanity? If this was intended to be only peoples personalities it is spot on. However it makes no references to racial differences within the dolls. The only difference is the personalities used. When the doctor broke apart himself, Each doll was imbued with a different personality. You could technically say each personality is a certain person on the planet. However personality is never a racial thing.
All the different personalities are all there.
The philospher, The brute, The sweetheart, The brain, The hero, The child, The greedy, ect. There are 9 basic *identities* people use for themself and each doll is supposed to be a reprisentation of the 9 personalities that existed within the scientists when he created them.

He used dolls because it could hide them from the robots long enough for them to die out.

After the robot is defeated, The dolls gain the world for their own.
It's not so much about religion.

The entire basis of the movie is about A.I destroying humanity and humanity trying to preserve itself through animated artifacts that have human souls imbued in them. It's about how our path of war has led to our ultimate destruction by creating our destroyer. It isn't till the personality of the hero, Seperated from the other personalities that such a challenge can be overcome.

This story is all about setting aside all other personalities and bringing forth the Hero in you so that such an event like this never happens.

The story is a warning for the future, With no happy endings. Because even in the end of the movie. There are still no humans, and no way these dolls can procreate. Sure the protagonist is destroyed. But the damage is done.
And that's the whole point of the movie. Once the damage is done there is no going back.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Tho it's pretty obvious the movie is about this, It plainly states it throughout the movie.

It's got some dude walking around saying a bunch of philisophical things, But that does not make it religious lol.

All philisophers are like that. Which is one of the personalities that was released when the doctor seperated himself into 9 dolls.

I thought that they made that very clear.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: payta

What is that? Im looking at Heliofant website right now, but I have no idea where this comes from.

A collaboration from some good animators about… basically… waking up.

There are threads here when it first come out. If you are like me you have to watch it a lot, let it sit and then watch again many months later. Each time you do, new stuff jumps out at you.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
So, nobody has mentioned about ho the age of Osiris ending, to birth the age of Horus, but to do that you'd need...oh...Isis.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Thanks. Major interest here although have never been a huge Tim Burton follower. Going to Netflix now.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: payta
Thanks for that, Best 7 min I've had in a long time. I'll be watching it time and time again.
It seriously blew my mind.
What is that? Im looking at Heliofant website right now, but I have no idea where this comes from.

Just another ZEITGEIST Trojan horse...

See: www.abovetopsecret.com...

The same message as theosophy and zeitgeist...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Covered with NWO fingerprints...

Definitely an ILLUMINATI production...

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

That is an incredible article, im very glad I spent the time on it. When I saw that movie I felt it was occultic but didnt know much about hermetic teaching at the time. I wrote a thread asking about it here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

That makes a ton of sense, particularly with leaving the burning church to the refuge of knowledge. I wonder if the illuminati symbolism in movies is meant for the average person to discover, or they are more insider messages? I would suppose the latter, as the average person is considered the egg in the omelette process...

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Star on That!!! LOL!!!
I always wondered when something like this would come out, eh? LOL!! Syx.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Good Thread!! and, Ahhh, The Beastly flirting right before Our eyes! Happens a lot, but somehow I missed that with the release date? I may have caught it back then, but My memory is messed up any more with My meds. But I like this. SS+F!
I was toying with a story idea using Number 9 the other day. I was born on the 9th and it is full of symbolism. (Look where My Mood is shown in My Avatar.) It is however bad luck To My wife, as She lost 3 Family members that year. Different days. I lost My GrandPa too then. Anyway 9 is an interesting symbol none the less......
Syx.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I love this film. It's very sublime.

I always thought it was the story of creations trying to restore their creators original gentle vision.

I will be looking into the mythology that predates the OPs premise though.

The Art of Storytelling has always fascinated me.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: KnightLight

It looked like it had hidden meaning in it and I'm always looking for what those types of things..
Do you find those types of things often? I mean, if you go in expecting to find something that sort of increases the probability that you will. Even if it isn't actually there, or at least, intended to be there.

Do you ever expect science site you visit to be wrong ?

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

That was my birthday.

So was 9/9/99. Coincidence?

9/9/09 was a very evil year for Phage. I think we need someone to go back and categorizes all his posts that year to prove this...

edit on 30-11-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

I do, however, agree that Hollywood is a bastion of occult practices and other most unsavory behaviors, including child abuse and the production and use of mind controlled slaves; primarily beta "cat" alters typically programmed using the Monarch methods, this behavior is, I believe, rampant among the ruling elite.

I just don't buy into the "Christianity is being targeted" stuff. Why would the occult elite want to destroy something that has served them so faithfully for centuries.

Because the deal with Christ was he was supposed to be independent of any control group present…..so it would benefit those in power to keep us as "dolls" being directed, while substituting a belief system they completely control, whatever that may be, Gnosticism, or something else…..

Also because they can….it's really that simple when it comes down to it. These folks are really just about doing things sometimes, just because they can, to exercise their power and control…

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I was thinking about this thread today and of course the number "9". Then I remembered reading about enneagrams, or personality types there are 9 as follows:

Descriptions of the Enneagram Personality Types

www.eclecticenergies.com...

Type 1 - The Reformer - Perfectionists, responsible, fixated on improvement
Type 2 - The Helper - Helpers who need to be needed
Type 3 - The Achiever - Focused on the presentation of success, to attain validation
Type 4 - The Individualist - Identity seekers, who feel unique and different
Type 5 - The Investigator - Thinkers who tend to withdraw and observe
Type 6 - The Loyalist - Conflicted between trust and distrust
Type 7 - The Enthusiast - Pleasure seekers and planners, in search of distraction
Type 8 - The Challenger - Taking charge, because they don't want to be controlled
Type 9 - The Peacemaker - Keeping peace and harmony

These would fit the 9 characters quite neatly as well maybe not in the numerical order given, just sharing my thoughts. This has been around for a while, I remember taking the test a long time ago.

Thanks for a great thread!

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
The movie has nothing to do with religion, The whole plot of the movie was about A.I and how a soul syphoning quantum computer robot built a robot empire, Used it to conquer its creators enimies, Then turned on its creators and everyone else.

it has nothing to do with Jesus or any ancient religions as this is only something that can happen in the near future.

say a super advanced robot is created that can create other robots.

What's to stop it from wiping out humanity? Expecially if it requires souls to stay alive?

Even when the movie started there was already no turning back.

This is supposed to be a strong message against A.I. It does not premote our future with robots in anyway. it sort of mocks it with a tragic future setting and some cute story about the last human imbuing his soul into 9 dolls so they had a better chance to survive.

In the end of the movie, It shows microbes in the rain, after the souls of the dead dolls accend into the clouds and disperse in a blueish white explosion. Hinting that microbs would restart the life on the planet. And possibly another human thing eventually.

This story line is repeated sort of by Wall-E only humans are still alive on that ship orbiting a desolate Earth much like this one. With the story line being about Wall-Es friend desperately trying to save a plant.
Because that's what it's mission was, to Search for signs of life so that humans could return.

In both scenarios there is post apocolypse with the need of the basic elements of nature needing to be reset or started from scratch.

Non of these movies were intended to be happy or be favorable to to the viewer. No one wants to start from scratch with plants and bugs all over again.

And in both scenarios, We humans led to our distruction. In both movies the protagonists are trying to remedy that error. And the scary thing is, Both of these animated movies depict events that could actually happen.
Like humans having to upload themselves to a computer then imbuing their consiousness into an animated object.

Or a desolated waste land done by well. pollution, Where humans are obese and have never stood up in their life, with robots servicing them 24/7 a twist to both stories? A.I saves humanity in wall-e. In number 9. A.I destroys humanity. In both universes tho, the planet is screwed and has to start life from scratch because of our actions and decisions. Which really makes the causes of events important. A.I is a highly debated topic.

And these producers and developers are trying to get this point across because these are serious issues.

if you havn't noticed there is quite a lot of content being released in the media specifically dealing with these questions.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

you're 15?
!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Hijinx
Yes. I started posting on ATS when I was 9.

edit on 12/1/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TM62
Actually, I was amazed at first, since I thought most people wouldn't know the film, or at least hadn't watched it. But it turned out most have. Not just that, they all thought it was pretty enigmatic and full of hidden meanings. It's no surprise after all really, this is the place were I feel I belong the most. I should have guessed it.

Wow I have never heard of them. They do fit the nine rag dolls!
I'll be taking the test when I have a couple of minutes.
What's your personality number, btw.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

It could very well be about both, there could be two different story lines. Sometimes, there are more than just one straight message to get from a book or film.
Having watched the film, I have always felt there were so many messages and information to be decoded, that I can't settle with the starightforward, "dont build AI Robots" storyline. Which as you said, has been seen sooo many times, specially in Hollywood movies.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   

That was my birthday.

So was 9/9/99. Coincidence?

No, it's taken over

edit on 1-12-2014 by vataOsadhi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join