It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A1 road closed near Catterick after 'explosion'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
OK, so just collating all the information and speculation from this;

*Someone from inside Marne Barracks phones in an explosion to the police at approx. 3am
*Police/Army swing into action with a pre planned security protocol and close a 6 mile stretch of the A1
*Police announce they are investigating reports of an explosion but say they cannot locate the site to confirm, and efforts are being hampered by weather.
*Army announce that they are confident that the explosion did not happen within the boundaries of Catterick Garrison, and approx. 30 minutes later it is revealed that 4 houses were evacuated in the early hours when reports of the explosion started.
*Police announce they have still not located the site of the explosion and cannot rule out that it happened inside the boundaries of the garrison.
*Ageing detonators found outside the boundaries of the garrison which are not linked to an explosion
*Army announce they will carry out a controlled explosion
*Reports of a suspicious vehicle seen around the time of the explosion.

The A1 reopened at approx. 5.30-6pm, meaning a closure of approx. 14.5 - 15 hours.

So what are the main suspicions?

*Ordinance explosion/accident
*Terrorism
*Planned false flag to test police/army response
*Military equipment movement accident
*Hydrogen sulphide + copper plume

Anything else?

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I wonder if its a bit like there houses on the base now lets say one of their gas boilers has a malfunction and lets say blows out the back wall of a property thats near to the ammo dump so until transco can secure the area theres a major risk that anyone waling around with a lit fag could blow the place sky high, but given the military like to plan ahead they've already thought of such a scenario and just implement plan 4z as until they can be sure that theres no danger to their cache of ammo they would need to ensure that no one is going to suddenly be driving near there and get a bullet through the brain while driving at 70-80 mph and causing even more carnage

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
www.mirror.co.uk...

Seems there are other explosions or maybe even sonic booms that might be dots which need connecting.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I'm going to go with meteor exploding.

The lack of evidence pointing to an explosion on the ground leads me to no other plausible explanation......until someone admits something differently.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: woogleuk
I'm going to go with meteor exploding.

The lack of evidence pointing to an explosion on the ground leads me to no other plausible explanation......until someone admits something differently.
i would have said that for one over manchester a few days ago but 2 explosions in a week which no one can explain?very strange.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I had a thought about it possibly being fracking related, and looking at a map of current fracking sites, there's not any in the immediate vicinity, but there is a few not too far away.

Fracking Site Map

I'm not an expert on fracking by any means, but as I understand it, its pumping water/liquid into fractures in the underground rock, to get gas/oil/etc out. Maybe the veins in the underground rock went further than expected and the pressure vented off somewhere near Catterick?

Fracking

edit on 11/30/2014 by ukmicky1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Another day, more mysterious sounds.

www.dailymail.co.uk... se.html

Britons have been left baffled by a string of 'loud bangs' which shook windows and disturbed children and pets from Glasgow to Devon to London. Hundreds of Twitter users reported the sounds between around 9pm and 10pm last night, but the Ministry of Defence said it did not know what could have caused them.

So in the last week we've had events like this in Manchester, the closure of a major arterial route for a prolonged period of time on spurious grounds and further "sounds".

Reading between the lines, the response to the Catterick issue could have been justified as part of a protocol for events at British army bases given the heightened threat level. However, my gut tells me that something is known that isn't being shared.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Social media has been going crazy across UK reporting band between 9pm last night and another set of bangs at 3am. I heard the 9pm one at my home in Coventry, West Midlands.

Last time we heard noises like this it was the RAF Typhoon, but the MOD says they have had no involvement this time.

Very odd after the A1 closure yesterday. Information that is coming out of media is sketchy at best, is there a news blackout?

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: couchguru

3 posts in 9 years! Check your PMs

It's like there's a silence from the base that the media can't pierce. Not so much a D-Notice as base decision to keep schtum.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ukmicky1980

I don't know just how loud the explosions were but I live in a rural community that now mainly consists of deer hunting camps. The nearest camp is only 900 feet south of me and we experienced 3 loud explosions between 10-11:30 PM night before last that literally made our bedroom windows rattle. I found out the next day that they had detonated 3 exploding targets.

Tannerite Exploding Rifle Targets

Could this be the source of the mysterious explosions, MAYBE?

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   
You should of heard the radio presenters on absolute radio this morning boy did they make a fool of themselves. They were talking about the booms and explosions then a radio presenter piped up and said 'it could of been the aurora project with their pulse engines' obviously trying to describe the TR3 B being a secret aircraft, which if you like reading ATS aircraft forum you'll see that the TR3b is in fact a myth.
They then went on saying how this aircraft could of been doing testing over the Atlantic .. I did have a chuckle then turned off the radio

top topics

<< 1   >>

join