It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White teen killed by black cop in Alabama mirrors Ferguson...yet no outrage

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Auricom

1) There were whites who were racists in history. There are whites who are racists - today.

2) Slavery is bad, mmmkay? Is there a history of blacks enslaving whites in America? Is there a history of blacks lynching whites in America? Is there a history of blacks forcing whites out of mainstream public establishments?

3) Who says the African-American community isn't outraged by gang culture? Do you know the history of black gangs and how and why they got started? Yep - because of social isolation by whites - because of anti-black violence by whites.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: 3u40r15m
Now where are all the people to defend the cops actions? Or are they not going to because he is black? I'm confused by all this....

Did you see the headline .... there aren't a bunch of people giving their opinions because no one has heard about this (the race baiters haven't hyped it up) so how can they look at the facts and defend anyone? They can't.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

The only thing we owe blacks is equal opportunity and fair treatment under the laws. We owe everyone equal opportunity and fair treatment under the laws.

I don't condone violence committed by anybody, regardless of race. My only point is, there is a perfectly valid reason why so many are sensitive to what happened in Ferguson. What they don't want is a repeat of what happened during a couple of hundred years in America. To deny that it happened is wrong, and to deny that there is any possibility of history repeating itself is naive. Hence, the sensitivity.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
What they don't want is a repeat of what happened during a couple of hundred years in America. To deny that it happened is wrong, and to deny that there is any possibility of history repeating itself is naive. Hence, the sensitivity.

That would be a more noble goal if there was actually any threat of blacks returning to the days of being forced into the fields for their masters. It's not going to happen, I think you can loosen the grip on the pearls a little in that regard and worry more about the apparent cultural self-destruction in black America. If current black culture is to be argued as a direct result of the past, they've merely traded one evil for another, and the evil is from within their cultural confines today. Past isolation is not a valid excuse for gangs. Past abuses are not an excuse for violence now. There are a growing number of blacks in the country who do understand that & try to avoid those cultural traps set by their own friends & family, but the speed needs to pick up before they lock themselves into their own slavery of the mind permanently.

We cannot collectively help those who do not help themselves first.

edit on 11/29/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Ok let me get this straight...

A black kid who assaulted a shopkeeper for cigars, & supposedly charged a cop, gets shot by a white cop in a neighbourhood that is disenfranchised with police profiling the black community...
That's bound to cause outrage...

A white kid takes El Es Dee (not promoting its use, just to establish what happened), assaults others, acts like a maniac and confronts a cop, naked, in a crouched position (he was a wrestler)... asking, literally, asking for a fight with the on campus black officer at a university when he charged the man down...
Btw protests were planned by the students of the Alabama university...

So there is the facts...

What confuses me is the fact that you want outrage now...
I thought that two wrongs don't make a right personally...

Hypocrisy abounds.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Past abuses are not an excuse for violence now.

Try saying that to Israel about the Holocaust and you'll be labelled an anti-Semite.

That's not an attempt to derail the thread, but merely a comparison mods...
Forgive me.

When institutionalised Racism is still so prevalent by certain Forces, in certain black communities, it's not, imo, wrong to label these people supremacists that would like to go back to the days of slavery...

Hell, just look at the KKK sticking their # stained noses into the situation...
& what's their goal?

To "hang" the "monkeys"...
I feel disgusting just typing that...
They proudly have it as a manifesto.

We cannot collectively help those who do not help themselves first.

While I agree wholeheartedly with this sentiment Nyiah, MLK was assasinated, Malcolm was assasinated, I'm sure many other low profile black revolutionaries have also been assasinated...

So even when they do help themselves to rectify the situation from the inside, they in danger anyways...

The Zeitgeist means it's a rich, white mans world...
Even with a black president...
Who's the puppeteer to that marionette?
I'm guessing a white man with full pockets...

What's the solution then, I can't think of one...
I'm sure many here would also struggle to find one.

edit on 29-11-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-11-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Looks like the people who wrote this article needs to learn how to do some investigating. Gilbert Collar was not shot by someone from the police force he was shot by campus security. Also the whole shooting was video taped by campus video unlike Browns shooting. Next the author tries to make it sound like drugs was the reason for them getting shot in the Collar case I was living in Jackson Alabama at the time that happened and remember it on tv that kids was whacked out on some kind of drug but it certainly wasn't pot like in the Brown case. The reason why I say that is because before getting shot he was attacking and trying to bite people it sounds like he was on bath salts like others who had killed people then tried to eat their faces like that guy in Florida.

The only reason why Collar isn't alive today is because campus security wasn't trained on how to use stun guns the same reason why Brown would be alive today but the stun gun made Browns shooter uncomfortable. So one dead due to lack of training and the other dead because the cop was too lazy to sit the stun gun on the seat next to him.

Here is the biggest difference between the two.

Student's killing appears unjustified, lawyer says

The death has, of course, been hard on Collar's family, Beasley said. But he added they have forgiven the officer who fired the fatal shot, and are praying for him.

Browns family it seems have not forgiven his shooter. It's kind of hard to get people riled up when the family says we forgive you.

The Washington times should be ashamed of itself for writing a hack article in an attempt to stir up racial tension and also for the hurt they have brought on the Collar family for using their kid as an example.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Since "hands up, don't shoot" is already taken, I am claiming "if the victims white, it still ain't right" as a rallying cry when it's our turn to loot...... I mean burn stuff down....... I mean attack people.... I mean peacefully protest. Wait, that isn't going to happen is it. We all still have nightmares over the mass riots over the OJ acquittal don't we? Didn't think so.

It's not a race issue. People desperately want it to be a race issue for one reason or another. It is a class issue. Poverty doesn't have a race.

I see the difference is these two cases being the drugs myself. Collar wasn't a lowlife kid. He got wasted and in his altered state made poor choices. Those choices led to an early demise. Brown also made choices which led to his early demise.

Perhaps it is not about class or race. Maybe it is about the choices we make in life. Don't commit crimes. Don't rob people. Don't do hard drugs that severely alter your ability to make decisions. Don't charge armed men.

The one case people should be swarming police stations over is in Ohio. That case alone should lead to a conviction of the police officer IMO. Adults making adult decisions in one thing, shooting a child within seconds of arriving on scene is another.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Don't worry. I'm positive the good reverends Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson will come out eventually about this. (sarcasm off)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus
Yeah I am surprised as hell that ohio killing didn't get much attention at all. It's messed up, especially seeing as how there is video.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Maybe slavery won't happen again, but there are people, many of them right here on ATS, who believe that business owners should be able to refuse service to anyone they choose, including blacks. I am outraged by that, and I'm white. Can you imagine how a black person feels about it? If I were a black person reading some of this crap on ATS, I would either be angry as hell or scared as hell that history will repeat itself. Whites primarily run the governments and law enforcement, so as a black, I would definitely be concerned.

Gangs still happen because there is still lack of opportunity in the black community. Not many white people care about what is happening in the black communities until it starts to affect them personally. When a black person has a harder time getting a loan to start his own business, what's he supposed to do? When the gang offers lots of money and personal protection in a poverty-stricken violent community, how easy is it to turn it down? It's not impossible, but it's not easy. Sure, it's possible to make a success out of yourself no matter what your original circumstances were, but why aren't we all filthy rich? Because it's not easy, and oftentimes luck has a lot to do with it - being at the right place at the right time. I'm assuming you are not rich. Wouldn't you rather be rich than poor? So why aren't you rich?

It's not fair to blame blacks for all of their problems. Those born in the poor black community have many things stacked against them. Poverty, violence, high availability of drugs, continuing prejudice, lack of decent jobs, etc., etc., etc. Possible to get out? Yes, but it's not easy - in fact, it's very, very difficult.

Also, there are financially successful, college-educated blacks AND whites who are upset about what happened in Ferguson. It's not just poor under-achieving blacks who are upset about it.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

Don't do hard drugs that severely alter your ability to make decisions.

Pot isn't a hard drug. Don't believe the propaganda about it.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

It's not fair to blame blacks for all of their problems.

I guess blaming it all on whitey is?

Those born in the poor black community have many things stacked against them. Poverty, violence, high availability of drugs, continuing prejudice, lack of decent jobs, etc., etc., etc. Possible to get out? Yes, but it's not easy - in fact, it's very, very difficult.

That statement could easily apply to many, many white people I know. Where is NAACP for whitey? Never gonna happen, its too "racist".

there are people, many of them right here on ATS, who believe that business owners should be able to refuse service to anyone they choose, including blacks. I am outraged by that, and I'm white. Can you imagine how a black person feels about it?

If its my business, should'nt I run it however I choose to?

And besides, its illegal to refuse service based on race, gender, religion etc. so I'm not sure what your point is.

I would either be angry as hell or scared as hell that history will repeat itself.

Don't worry never gonna happen, there is too much white guilt over something that no white person alive today had anything to do with.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cancerwarrior

That statement could easily apply to many, many white people I know. Where is NAACP for whitey? Never gonna happen, its too "racist".

The NAACP was formed because of the long history of whites oppressing blacks in America. Again, where is the long history of blacks oppressing whites in America?

And besides, its illegal to refuse service based on race, gender, religion etc. so I'm not sure what your point is.

And if the tea party ever gets in control, I could see those laws being repealed.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

The NAACP was formed because of the long history of whites oppressing blacks in America. Again, where is the long history of blacks oppressing whites in America?

You are missing the point entirely.

Blacks are not "oppressed" anymore than anyone else is. They need to get over themselves already.

And if the tea party ever gets in control, I could see those laws being repealed.

Wildly speculative. Too much white guilt these days for it to happen. Your posts prove as much.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Ok let me get this straight...

A black kid who assaulted a shopkeeper for cigars, & supposedly charged a cop, gets shot by a white cop in a neighbourhood that is disenfranchised with police profiling the black community...
That's bound to cause outrage...

A white kid takes El Es Dee (not promoting its use, just to establish what happened), assaults others, acts like a maniac and confronts a cop, naked, in a crouched position (he was a wrestler)... asking, literally, asking for a fight with the on campus black officer at a university when he charged the man down...
Btw protests were planned by the students of the Alabama university...

So there is the facts...

What confuses me is the fact that you want outrage now...
I thought that two wrongs don't make a right personally...

Hypocrisy abounds.

I was going to post a reply similar to yours because of the racist bias here on the thread. Did anyone go look at the facts concerning the shooting of Gilbert Collar? The circumstances are completely different, but don't review the facts. Nope, just read the title and fly with the ill informed posts. No denying ignorance here.

The unarmed college student fatally shot by a campus police officer in the early hours of Saturday morning had taken '___' and assaulted three people before chasing him, authorities have revealed.

Gil Collar, 18, took the drug at an outdoor music festival before assaulting two people in vehicles and trying to bite a woman's arm, Mobile County Sheriff Sam Cochran said at a news conference on Tuesday.

*snip*

He had come outside the police headquarters when he heard Collar, a 5-foot-7, 135-pound former high school wrestler, banging on its door, Cochran said. Surveillance footage showed Collar naked and covered in sweat as he chased the officer for more than 50 feet.

www.dailymail.co.uk...'___'.html#ixzz3KTMFSCdi

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cancerwarrior

You are missing the point entirely.

Blacks are not "oppressed" anymore than anyone else is. They need to get over themselves already.

Ignorance is sad.

www.washingtonpost.com... 03/70059184-ea86-11e3-9f5c-9075d5508f0a_story.html

www.theatlantic.com...

While student loan debt is at record numbers across the board, McGhee says, black college graduates are twice as likely to have student loan debt as their white counterparts, who often use their statistically higher wealth to pay for college and take on less debt.

"It means a difference between the African-American graduate coming out, graduating into a recession ... [and] having to start paying down her student loans," McGhee tells NPR's Jacki Lyden. "Whereas her white classmate actually doesn't and is able to get a job faster."

While it is hard for anyone to educate or work their way into the middle class these days, McGhee says, it is twice as hard for blacks.

www.npr.org...

The fact is, it's harder for a black person who is trying to succeed than it is for a white person who is trying to succeed.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

Maybe the question you should be asking is why the people in that community didn't protest, that's what drew national attention. Do you think every unarmed black person killed by cops gets a protest? Why isn't there a protest for every single one of them? I think the answer is two-fold. One, you never know when a community will reach it's breaking point. Two, white people are less likely to question the authority of the police... respecting authority has served white people well (increasingly less so as discrimination and apathy become less about race and more about class) whereas authority tends to abuse the most disenfranchised (again becoming less about race and more about poverty as poverty begins to swallow up the lower middle class).

This case is truly outrageous if your source is accurate and should be added to the conversation taking place about police over-use of force and deadly force rather than exploited to simply bitch, whine and wallow in ignorance.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

You think Collar was smoking weed?

I was referencing Collar when I wrote that. He was on a hallucinogenic when he was shot. I doubt even you would argue that L S D is a mild form of chemical entertainment.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Cancerwarrior

Wow, that is amazing. Poor girl.There was an incident here as well. Two adults went on their first date only to be kidnapped by some [thugs]. Killed the man first, then raped the female, after they were done with her, they then poured bleach down her throat and left her in a secluded shed to die. I don't think they were arrested. Bunch of animals to do that to another human being. Wish I could find that news story again but I forgot what location it was.
edit on 29-11-2014 by Diabolical because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join