It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Payback to White Working Class That Voted for Them: Cut Earned Income Tax and Child Tax Credit

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook
I have never liked out tax system being turned into a welfare system anyway. People should never get more money back than they paid in. PERIOD. Want well fare? then go get your Welfare check and go cash it. These credits are a direct exchange of money from people who earned it to people who did not.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Told you so…told you so…told you so…told you so

GOOD LEARN THE HARD WAY

They don’t give a sh__ about the middle class fools who voted got them

THEY ONLY SERVE THE RICH!

CANT YOU GET THAT THROUGH YOUR THICK SKULLS!

You'll learn the hard way

I

edit on 29-11-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

So the taxes are being removed because of Obamas illegal action on immigration.

Since those who are illegally granted amnesty would benefit from those tax credits yet paid nothing into the system to cover the cost why should they remain?

I think I would be asking why the senate finance committee wants to give tax breaks for sports.

edit on 29-11-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Im gonna patent this as a song

I’ll make a fortune

Any musicians out there want to lend me a hand and maybe put a key on this piece

Or a rap jinlge

Told you so…told you so…told you so… cause the elephant is a hoe

I Told you so…told you so…told you so… cause the GOP got to go

I Told you so…told you so…told you so cause the politicaal hoes got to go

Told you so…told you so…told you so…cause there no place to go

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zona
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

I disagree with your calling a couple making 40-50k a year middle class. They are working poor.

I'm sorry, but saying an income of $50,000 is 'poor' is idiotic...and out of touch with reality.
edit on 29-11-2014 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Actually I will reveal an open secret here.

Middle class IS NOT a plumber, or PC tech or Network Systems engineer making 40 to 80 thousand a year

Middle class are doctors, Lawyers, actors, Superintendents, low level bankers who make between 120 and 200,000 a year or a little more actually.

That’s middle class

That’s one of the problems with this country. The slubs who think they are middle class ARE NOT.

They are the high end of the lower middle class, 40 50 60 70 80 grand IS NOT MIDDLE CLASS it is lower middle class

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Middle class IS NOT a plumber, or PC tech or Network Systems engineer making 40 to 80 thousand a year

Middle class are doctors, Lawyers, actors, Superintendents, low level bankers who make between 120 and 200,000 a year or a little more actually.

That’s middle class

That’s one of the problems with this country. The slubs who think they are middle class ARE NOT.

They are the high end of the lower middle class, 40 50 60 70 80 grand IS NOT MIDDLE CLASS it is lower middle class

So 88% of Americans are poor.
And we're considered a wealthy country...

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

I disagree with your calling a couple making 40-50k a year middle class. They are working poor. 50k a year less taxes means a bring home of well less than 2000 a month.

That may be what you think, but middle class has a definition (kind of). Also that's more than 2000 a month, 2000 a month would be 24k per year. You're looking at closer to 3500-4000 per month for that range.

Anyways there's no official definition for the middle class but statisticians most often define middle class as 67% to 200% of the median income. With our median income being 50,000 per year that places middle class at 33k to 100k though that's a national average and will be higher or lower in certain areas. In San Francisco the median income is $78k which would place middle class at 52k-156k and in my town where the median income is about 14,500 (not even what you would get from full time minimum wage) so middle class is 10k-29k.

When I made 50k a year, after healthcare and 5% 401k, I brought home about 1300 a paycheck. Sounds like a lot to some people, but Maryland rent and bills for the place is an easy 1100 a month. Gas to get to work, 200 a month at a tank per week. Car payment: 250 bucks..35 bucks a day to eat,buy toilet paper etc. God forbid you have a significant other. You're paycheck to paycheck, just like everyone else.

And anyways isn't a word, stop using it. It doesn't help your case.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

That’s middle class

If only appx. 12% of Americans earn that amount, how can it define 'middle class?'

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
So I'm white with kids, middle class and I get neither credits....

Earned Income Tax Credit has nothing to do with the middle class, and Child Tax Credit has nothing to do with working...

If you make 30k and have 3 kids you get back about 10k extra in credit between the two, I'm not sure that is how our tax system should work do you?

So all those white voters who make less than 30k with a ton of kids are getting screwed...lol ok...

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheJourney

I disagree with your calling a couple making 40-50k a year middle class. They are working poor.

I'm sorry, but saying an income of $50,000 is 'poor' is idiotic...and out of touch with reality.

That's about 25 bucks an hour. If someone wants to call that poor then have at it, But I'm think they are thinking its household and so if that was 2 jobs to make that.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: darkwingduck

Why should people even get a child tax credit? It sickens me. Both of my brothers have 3-4 kids, and they each get like 10 k for tax return. They don't pay that much in. Why should people who chose not to have as many kids get screwed? If you want kids, pay for them yourselves.

First off - nobody is getting "screwed" if your brothers are taking the child tax credit.
It's not like you have to pay more taxes because they're getting a $1,000/child tax credit against their tax bill.

You should stop whining about something that doesn't even concern you...it sounds like an orphan in the soup line complaining that the boy in front of him got more than he did.

Second - the child tax credit (different than the EIC) doesn't exceed tax liability.

There's no check for the amount over what is due to the IRS for that year unless their income level is low enough to qualify for the Earned income credit (which is the other credit they nixed & only affects low income families)

If your brothers are getting $10000 back every year then they are making damn good money and also having a very healthy amount withdrawn from their check...they're just getting their money back.

And just for the record both parties suck - they 2 party system is just a way to control the masses by giving us the illusion that we have a say in any of it.
edit on 30-11-2014 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

The child tax credit only gives back up to what you owe for that year...you don't get the unused portion.

They only time they'd get more back is if their income was low enough to qualify for the Earned income credit...

The income threshold is pretty low to qualify for the EIC so I'm confident in saying that the bankers are taking more out of people's pockets every year in inflation than what gets paid out on the EIC...
edit on 30-11-2014 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Its a very sad thing. Unfortunately the white working class no longer has a horse in this race. Over the last few years, the left became virulently anti white, blaming the "white male" is the uber pariah of American society, they are more interested in courting the latino and black vote than white Americans anymore because of demographic changes. The republicans are NO friend to the white working class either (or ANY person in the working class) as they largely support corporatist policies that are anti working class, and regardless of what they claim, DO support insourcing of cheap foreign labor. In fact they are already backpedalling on immigration, saying its not a major issue to the average voter. We are going to have to create a third party that has support in enough numbers that it cannot be ignored. That is our only hope at this point, the dems and republicans do NOT represent us.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   

please use reading and comprehension skills before you post.

i can't believe you missed this.

Left off were the two tax breaks valued most by liberal Democrats: a permanently expanded earned-income credit and a child tax credit for the working poor

no where does it say they are doing away with earned income credit, just stopping the expanded earned income credit which many take advantage of.

edit on 30-11-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Or:

Congress Eliminates Child Tax Credit, Mortgage Deduction And E.I.T.C From Tax Code
(_national_report_dot_net_)

The deeply unpopular congress, whose approval rating hovers around a historic low of 10%, has voted to remove the child tax credit, the earned income tax credit and the mortgage interest deduction from the tax code starting with the 2014 fiscal year. The move is almost assured to solidify the perception of the 113th Congress of the United States as deeply disconnected from the struggles and desires of the populace it is supposed to serve.

The move, long championed by entitlement reform advocates like congressman Paul Ryan R-Wisconsin and Ted Cruz R-Texas, will cut entitlement payouts by a staggering 177 billion dollars. 54.33 billion dollars in savings will be realized from discontinuing the earned income tax credit, which generally pays those making less than 12 thousand dollars yearly large cash tax rebates far in excess of the actual tax they paid. 69.7 billion will be saved from the mortgage interest tax deduction, which critics say primarily favors top income earners. The elimination of the child tax credit, which critics say serves no fair purpose, will result in an additional 54 billion dollar savings.

Keep in mind as the GOP guts the lower and middle working class, they are pushing new tax breaks - for racehorse owners, racetracks, the 1%...

I'm surprised at the right-wing response to this - EITC isn't an "entitlement," it's taxing you less. Apparently GOP-followers prefer higher taxes.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
This means America is a rich nation when the middle is over 100 thousand.

These people are poor since even if they make 40 to 80 grand they still are two paychecks away from poverty

Remember middle class is from the old bourgeoisie of Marxism and the French revolution where they are considered more well off than the American view of the middle class which is totally wrong.

That’s why these idiots vote for the GOP thinking they (plumbers, steel workers, pc and network techs...etc.) are middle class

THAT’S THE SCAM
THEY ARENT MIDDLE CLASS THEY ARE LOWER MIDDLE CLASS

Very near the bottom.

But they are deceived in thinking they are better than the poor so go out and vote as if they are middle class.

This is from, BTW, standard sociology that they taught in college years ago... not MY VIEW. GO LOOK IN ANY OLDER SOCIOLOGY BOOK AND SEE WHAT REALLY MIDDLE CLASS IS... it'S not what you think

BUT americans are ignorant

They want us to think middle class is 40, 50, 60, thounsand. Though when you ad two salaries middle class is 100 thousand accroding to todays estimate.

Even that is a little low but confirms my post.

The reason why they maintain this deception is so idiots will go vote for a GOP politician becasue they( the morans who think their middle class and therfore of the elite) think they are voting their interest...THEY ARE NOT VOTING THEIR INTEREST

NOW YOU WILL FIND OUT THE HARD WAY!

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
What is going on is very simple.

The international bankers and capitalists have ORDAINED austerity!

It’s been happening in Europe for the last 8 years
Europe is in an economic tailspin because of austerity.

NOW THEY ARE COMMIN AFTER US!

I assure you without a doubt
THE GOP WILL DO EVERYTHING TO F___
YOU
UNLESS YOU ARE WEALTHY

AND I MEAN LIQUID WEALTH

OWN A JET WEALTHY

If you are lower class, lower middle class, middle class

Start bending over

This is just the begining

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I'm a hater and I admit it. I have paid taxes for 25 years. I don't pay them anymore as a result of combat injuries.

For 25 years I have watched my peers pay $0 every month in taxes because they have kids and then get $9-12 K at tax time, while I paid $300 a month in taxes and get $700 at tax time.

LoL The country is BROKE!! Can we really afford to hand out $10-15K to 20 million "new Americans"?

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

With all due respect. The country is not broke

Where is this country broke?

That’s the scam they are running in order to maintain austerity

How is the country broke because of some debt that has no reality behind it but bookkeeping?

How is the country broke when Ceo's and the wealthy have more money than all the rich combined in history?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join