It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling in the army of a distant nation

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thurisaz
You Shall have no Gods before me
= that means YOU are God. Worship yourself with a humbleness of learning from and respecting others, but put yourself first! Trust in yourself.

That isn't what the first commandment means, and you know that very well.
Grammatically, the word "me" means the person who is speaking.
In that statement, the speaker is the God of Israel.
Therefore the commandment means that they should have no gods other than the God of Israel.

Of all the forms of idolatry, self-worship is the most fundamental and the most serious.
It's particularly dangerous when it takes place in a group, what Toynbee calls "collective self-worship".
The Nazi movement was driven by collective self-worship; this was Hitler leading and organising the German Volk in its worship of the German Volk (this is one of my favourite images to explain what happens in Revelation ch13).

Putting yourself first is the dead opposite of putting God first.

edit on 29-11-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Yes, Romans 11:22 & 23 are infact written in the 3rd class condition, as a hypothetical statement, but we know how these events will play out. The Church will eventually stagnate.

2 Thes 2:3 Let no one in any way deceive you, for it will not come unless the apostasy comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed

The Day of the Lord will not come until the world becomes apostate.

Mat 24:9 “Then they will deliver you to tribulation, and will kill you, and you will be hated by all nations because of My name. 10 “At that time many will fall away and will betray one another and hate one another. 11 “Many false prophets will arise and will mislead many. 12 “Because lawlessness is increased, most people’s love will grow cold.

During this time, there will be exceeding lawlessness, and hate will be the order of the day. That means the Church's influence has been neutralized. Now, what did Paul say would happen if the Church became neutralized? The Church will be removed and Israel grafted back in.

So, we know that the Church did not replace Israel if Israel is destined to be grafted back in....and we know that they will be grafted back in if the world is in a state of apostasy. The Church is the salt of the earth, so if the world is apostate, it reflects the Church's failure.

The only real question is when will the Church be removed: before the 70th Week or during the 70th Week? Since Israel has 7 remaining years, that tells us that the Church will depart before the Tribulation. Furthermore, Jesus was supposed to die at the end of the 62nd Week, but was killed prematurely (at age 33) at the end of the 61st Week. Since the Church is the Body of Christ, we are collectively Christ on earth. The entire age of the Church is an extension of the Hypostatic Union and therefore an extension of the 62nd Week. Daniel 9:26 states that Christ will be cut off AFTER the 62nd Week, but Christ's death bought more time through the Church....So, when the Church is Raptured, it will be the fulfillment of Daniel 9:26. The Church (collective Christ on earth) will be cut off AFTER the 62nd week, then the 70th Week wil come.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
Now, what did Paul say would happen if the Church became neutralized? The Church will be removed and Israel grafted back in.

Again, where does Paul say that these things will happen in sequence, in that order?
Where does Paul say that Israel cannot be grafted back in at a time when the church has NOT been removed?
You are imposing a sequence of events which is not there in the passage.

edit on 30-11-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Dont you see that Romans 11:22 & 23 corresponds to the Parable of the Ten Virgins? Look beyond Galatians, you cant build an interpretation on one single passage.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   
As a Bible believing Christian who is saved by grace through faith and indwelled with the Holy Spirit, I can safely say that Disraeli is the only guy that knows what he is talking about here.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
This thread follows on from;

Who requires this trampling of my courts?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join