It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chael Sonnen Versus Jacques Vallee

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Chael Sonnen's one of my favourite guys from UFC. Maybe that should be ‘ex-guy’ from the UFC after he was recently caught using PEDs. Whatever, he was a great showboater and one of the best smack-talkers in recent history. He's still a big personality and always interesting. He'll be back to fight again!

He’s been producing his own podcast show, ‘YOU'RE WELCOME! with Chael Sonnen’ and I’ve enjoyed all of them so far. Listening to the veterans and players of the fight game is something I really enjoy. A couple of weeks back, I was surprised to hear him talking UFOs with George St Pierre .

It was a cool show and they are both into the subject. GSP wondered if he’d been an ‘alien abductee’ on Joe Rogan's show back in 2012ish so Chael brought him on to talk more about it.

I just about fell off my chair to see his latest show is an interview with the highly-esteemed Jacques Vallee. This is how great a promoter Chael Sonnen is. He’s got one of the ‘high priests’ onto a fight podcast to chat about UFOs. Vallee doesn't do a whole lot of interviews so maybe Chael put him in a wrist lock and asked him nicely?

Follow the link above or 'right click; save as' to download directly.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
dont like sonnen at all
btw, is this taking place on mars or something?

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

Yeah, that's fair enough. Chael's a love/hate sort of guy by trade.

The main reason is letting the ATS Vallee fans know there's a new interview out there.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

i was more about busting your chops cause this is in the alien/ufo forum

i have not seen too many of his fights...he is about the attitude though.

ill watch though. i like the fighters with a wrestling base

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Thanks K. I'll be giving this a listen to. It will be interesting to see how well Chael holds his own in a conversation with the likes of Mr. Vallee.

edit on 11/28/2014 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
for those who dont know of Jaqcues Vallee is:

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: funkadeliaaaa

yeah. that would be me..
hahahahahahahah

thought he was a new fighter i didnt know about.
dont follow it much anymore...

i suck

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

You forgot mention that Chael Sonnen was convicted of Real Estate fraud, fined and lost his RE license several years ago. Proves the dude is BS artist and a white collar criminal.

Boxing is still the sweet science. MMA is a dirty bloodsport. I can't get behind a sport that allows combatants to fight limbless and with Down Syndrome and while allowing a fighter to punch another when he is on the mat/floor.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: RossWellOldMexico

Boxing is still the sweet science. MMA is a dirty bloodsport..

oh come on...
you dont know what you are talking about
amateur fighter here...back in the day
brother is pro

i love boxing as well but it really does only teach half the game..
i suppose thats for a different thread

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I know what I'm talking about. When you think of Heavyweight Champion of the World. You think of Ali, Holmes and Tyson. With the UFC, the president, Dana White overshadows his "champions" that the general public doesn't know who is the monthly interchangeable "champion" is. But, you're right that is another discussion on another thread.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

I know what I'm talking about. When you think of Heavyweight Champion of the World. You think of Ali, Holmes and Tyson. With the UFC, the president, Dana White overshadows his "champions" that the general public doesn't know who is the monthly interchangeable "champion" is. But, you're right that is another discussion on another thread.

that has nothing to do with it being a bloodsport as you say.

when i think of champions i also think of people like ali who are punchy and duk koo kim who got killed by ray mancini in the ring. talking about a bloodsport and dana white but mention tyson in the same breath.
you mean tyson who bit a piece of holyfields ear off and states in interviews that he throws punches with murderous intentions and how he is going to eat his opponents children.
youre a boxing fan so im sure you know what i am talking about. if you dont, feel free to look it up too.

tyson was my favorite boxer but i dont think youre being fair to the sport of mma
like with any sports there are class acts and people who act like jerks.
who cares of the general public knows who the champ is...mma fans do

also, while mma may seen brutal compared to boxing, boxing is far more dangerous.

mma is hard on the body in general. a lot of fighters have problems with their knees later in their career but boxers absorb far more blows to the head...
there is a much greater risk in boxing.

if you want to debate/discuss feel free to start a thread.
no cheap shots and talking #.....

if not, no big. dont want to ruin the thread.....

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Chael Sonnen is the kind of guy who you know is a bit of a scoundrel, but it's hard not to like him.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit

that has nothing to do with it being a bloodsport as you say.

when i think of champions i also think of people like ali who are punchy and duk koo kim who got killed by ray mancini in the ring. talking about a bloodsport and dana white but mention tyson in the same breath.
you mean tyson who bit a piece of holyfields ear off and states in interviews that he throws punches with murderous intentions and how he is going to eat his opponents children.
youre a boxing fan so im sure you know what i am talking about. if you dont, feel free to look it up too.

tyson was my favorite boxer but i dont think youre being fair to the sport of mma
like with any sports there are class acts and people who act like jerks.
who cares of the general public knows who the champ is...mma fans do

also, while mma may seen brutal compared to boxing, boxing is far more dangerous.

mma is hard on the body in general. a lot of fighters have problems with their knees later in their career but boxers absorb far more blows to the head...
there is a much greater risk in boxing.

if you want to debate/discuss feel free to start a thread.
no cheap shots and talking #.....

if not, no big. dont want to ruin the thread.....

Muhammad Ali suffers from Parkinson Disease, the same affliction(no pun intended) that Micheal J. Fox has. Since the death of Kim over 30 years ago, the sport of Boxing has reduced the number of rounds in a Boxing match. An MMA fighter has died in Russia a few years ago and the "sport spectacle" gets a free pass on that one in the sports media.

Didn't Dana White hire Mike Tyson to make a guest appearance on "The Ultimate Fighter" for a ratings grab a few years ago. White coudn't get Couture(nice ears, BTW) or Grace to galvanize the UFC troops on his reality show. Dana White makes all the money while his UFC fighters make a pittance(a free Tap Out t-shirt and 10/10 payment won't cut it). White is bad for the sport spectacle.

I can talk because i know my $h!+. MMA's flavor of the month status is coming to an end. White says he wasn't going to bring in women fighters, but he hires Rousey and starts up a women's division. By doing so, White knows his brand of MMA is losing it's appeal in the North American public awareness.

If there is ever a thread of Boxing vs. MMA, I'll be there to debate on the topic anytime, Grovit. I respect your passion for your sport. Enjoy the Thanksgiving Holidays
edit on 28-11-2014 by RossWellOldMexico because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: RossWellOldMexico

fair enough man....
maybe one of these days you and i will go a few rounds, debate style

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Dana White makes all the money while his UFC fighters make a pittance(a free Tap Out t-shirt and 10/10 payment won't cut it). White is bad for the sport spectacle.

I can talk because i know my $h!+. MMA's flavor of the month status is coming to an end. White says he wasn't going to bring in women fighters, but he hires Rousey and starts up a women's division. By doing so, White knows his brand of MMA is losing it's appeal in the North American public awareness.

If there is ever a thread of Boxing vs. MMA, I'll be there to debate on the topic anytime, Grovit. I respect your passion for your sport. Enjoy the Thanksgiving Holidays

You do? Well you can source exactly how much Dana White makes and exactly how much of the profit goes to fighters?

Also you should know Dana White is only a 10% owner, the Fertitas would be the ones making the money.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Boxing is still the sweet science. MMA is a dirty bloodsport. I can't get behind a sport that allows combatants to fight limbless and with Down Syndrome and while allowing a fighter to punch another when he is on the mat/floor.

You do know that it was a BOXING commission that let the down's syndrome person fight, and he sued to be able to.

Boxing also has down's syndrome fighters, and it also has limbless fighters.

Danny Mardell Jr. and Michael Costantino.

So do you hate boxing now and refuse to get behind it? If not it seems hypocritical.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Hiya bud, it's not the greatest Vallee interview we've heard; just one for the collection.

Vallee has a cool new quote, “I’m the only one in the field that doesn’t know what they are.”

The interview is brief and doesn’t cover anything that’d be new to ATSers interested in Vallee. He mentions a new military term that covers UFOs and UAP: Unconfirmed target (UCT) Otherwise, it's a quick chat that covers moon hoaxes and conspiracies in general. The Tim Binnall interviews are probably my favourite, but they are a good 2 hours long and Binnall is steeped in the subject and ufology and knows all the memes and nuances. Chael only had 15 mins and had to paddle the shallows.

a reply to: RossWellOldMexico

You forgot mention that Chael Sonnen was convicted of Real Estate fraud, fined and lost his RE license several years ago. Proves the dude is BS artist and a white collar criminal.

I didn't 'forget,' it was irrelevant to the interview. MMA and boxing both have their fair share of assholes, otherwise how do so many boxers retire dirt poor? They get screwed by 'white collar' management.

Boxing is sweet yeah, I love it and have been concussed this year through sparring - outgunned. You're 10 years wrong about MMA being a 'dirty bloodsport.' Of course they can punch when someone's down, it's Mixed Martial Arts where some fighters want to stand and punch and others favour ground wrestling. If they weren't allowed strikes on the mat, it might as well be called boxing. Fighters can defend themselves from the ground and, when they can't, it's tap-out or the bell goes.

If you watch someone like Demetrious Johnson, it's clinical striking and great wrestling all the way. Sure, there are slug fests like Velasquez and Dos Santos' trilogy of murder at the high end of the weight categories. Most fights end with submissions rather than knock outs. There's brutality and there's top of the scale athletic ability and training. After Christmas, we've got a biggie with Danial Cormier V Jon Jones and they are both athletes with DC being a world-class wrestler.

As for the Downs Syndrome guy? That was a beautiful story of a father and son relationship and how a kid with Downs found an identity he could live with.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Chael Sonnen is the kind of guy who you know is a bit of a scoundrel, but it's hard not to like him.

Exactly! It might be more accurate to say 'a lot of a scoundrel' and who cares? You're right, he's hard not to like. He's lived a life that could make a decent autobiography.

Stardom, success and falls from grace. He just plugs on and gets on with it.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Several falls from grace, but always climbs up again.

I think it's because when he gets caught he reaches that point where he knows he is caught and says yep, you got me, I did it. And the man really can tell a story.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Yeah, I think the podcast is just his way of keeping his hand in the game. By this time next year, he'll be off on the next game-plan.

President of Venezuela or something...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join