It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who are "Your" Leaders

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I thought i would drop this out to see where other's were at and who there leaders were.. They do not have to be alive! They can be media, politicians or entertainers. Writers educators. They effect how you believe. They can be from any Country, any Race or Culture.

Mine are, (Short list)

A. Lincoln
George Carlin
Buzz Aldrin
Mother Teressa
Guy Fawkes

Have fun!

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Me, myself & I...

Globally Muhammad, Abraham & Jesus...

Queen Elizabeth II is also worth a shout.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Common sense, logic, and my heart. The rest I wing and hope for the best with. LIke electing leaders. Vote and then hope they don't turn out to be lying scoundrels.

Sadly they always turn out to be lying scoundrels. But at least I keep my conscience clean and own up to mistakes, including who I voted for.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
frank zappa

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit
frank zappa

Gotta love Frank!

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: scattergun

Hiya!

Jesus Christ is my leader, but sometimes I am a disobedient and naughty little devil.

I live mainly in music and poetry so my influences come from there: People like the Two Bobs (Dylan and Marley), Woody Guthrie, Jim Morrison, poets Rimbaud, TS Eliot and a few others, also very strangely King Haile Selassie of Ethiopia. These guys, through their music and words reach me deeper than any other. They seem somehow true. Different artists from different times, but somehow they are pushing their minds to new places on behalf of us all. It is all a little Shamanic I guess. Even Christ is like a Shaman Master of Masters if you look at it that way.

I actually like the influence of others. I don't want to be alone in my journey. These guys are like soul friends who live through their art and have helped big time in expanding my perception. I love these guys very much.

I don't trust anyone around me other than a select carefully chosen few. No politician, preacher, etc can reach me because they all lack the secret ingredient; genius mixed with new perception mixed with brutal honesty, integrity of purpose and gentle sincere humanism that can not be bribed or bought.

edit on 28-11-2014 by lonesomerimbaud because: tidy up.

edit on 28-11-2014 by lonesomerimbaud because: forget to mention H.I.M

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
People i respect?

Julian Assange - Founder and Editor-in-Chief of WikiLeaks

Gough Whitlam - Former Australian Prime Minister

Nick Xenophon - Australia's best Senator

Hideo Kojima - Legendary games designer

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital
People i respect?

Julian Assange - Founder and Editor-in-Chief of WikiLeaks

Gough Whitlam - Former Australian Prime Minister

Nick Xenophon - Australia's best Senator

Hideo Kojima - Legendary games designer

I could add a few of those guys! It's funny , I thought I had it covered but see new names and realize how short visioned I am...lol

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

You're question captures probably one of the biggest problems facing mankind.

People look for leaders to inspire, guide and tell them what to do and how to act, rather than being their own motivation and following themselves, being themselves and doing what they know they should be doing.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

You're question captures probably one of the biggest problems facing mankind.

People look for leaders to inspire, guide and tell them what to do and how to act, rather than being their own motivation and following themselves, being themselves and doing what they know they should be doing.

Wow, Well I'm flattered I posed a good question! My small attempt was pretty selfish really. I wanted to actually here a few Names and ideas to look outside my own History and see what people from other countries and cultures thought.

I think it's time for me to stop following who I'm told to listen too and look at voices world wide..

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I am a sovereign human being and have no need of a leader . Take me to your's .

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
I am a sovereign human being and have no need of a leader . Take me to your's .

Hmmm... how about Bugs Bunny then!

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Jesus, God, me, in that order. No mortal being has the right, nor the qualifications to lead me. To be frank, I question the wisdom of anyone who would consider a human being worthy of leading them. We are all too flawed to be trusted with that kind of power. There are no exceptions, not even amongst the best of us.

That is not to say that there are not people I would follow into dark places without a second thought. There are, but out of the loyalty which exists between equals, and a desire to stand by a friend.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: lonesomerimbaud

Hiya!

Jesus Christ is my leader, but sometimes I am a disobedient and naughty little devil..

I live mainly in music.......... so my influences come from there:

I don't trust anyone around me other than a select carefully chosen few. No politician, preacher, etc can reach me because they all lack the secret ingredient; genius mixed with new perception mixed with brutal honesty, integrity of purpose and gentle sincere humanism that can not be bribed or bought.

Sounds like someone needs a spanking.
( I really hope you're female)

My influences always came from music as well, so there they stay. Taupin was the obvious one but, like anyone who matures, so do their influences. Gotta stay fluid to stay relevant.

Trust issues here as well.

I won't say who my current influenes are, don't wanna ruffle any feathers, other than to say that they have to believe in constant change and growth, with their words and actions verifying those beliefs. Walking the talk in other words. That right there ex ludes ANY politician or religious leader. Dead or alive.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Jesus, God, me, in that order. No mortal being has the right, nor the qualifications to lead me. To be frank, I question the wisdom of anyone who would consider a human being worthy of leading them. We are all too flawed to be trusted with that kind of power. There are no exceptions, not even amongst the best of us.

That is not to say that there are not people I would follow into dark places without a second thought. There are, but out of the loyalty which exists between equals, and a desire to stand by a friend.

I see I need to look at this from the "Long View". And i certainly agree with you that Our overall Wisdom as humans is questionable! And as for the common mans judgment it seems we need to be influenced in some way to form our own characters and morals. A strange process for sure. I do envy the enlightened and self empowered among us.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I was brought up on Bugs and Wylie Coyote beeb beeb . I have a Heavenly King I try to listen to . Jesus , maybe you have heard about Him ? I think the declaration of human rights sets who we are in the proper order in that God and then His creation ,(me) and then the responsibilities that flow from that . a reply to: scattergun

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I had to give you a star for that . No need to further explain . a reply to: TrueBrit

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Lao Tsu - a philosopher and poet of ancient China. He is best known as the reputed author of the Tao Te Ching

John F Kennedy - our last President, IMO

George Carlin - he was never afraid to speak the truth

Merlin Boll - the local grocer when I was growing up. The kindest, gentlest man I ever knew. He drove drag racers on the weekend.

Casimir Pulaski - a Polish noblemanb, soldier and military commander who has been called "the father of the American cavalry".

Dr Wayne Dyer - an American self-help author and motivational speaker.

These are a few just off the top of my head that have had an influence on me in one way or another.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I would choose Thomas Jefferson. His views were always spot on.

Just look at a small sample of what this great man said...he was almost more of a prophet than a politician.

We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
Thomas Jefferson

I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our monied corporations which dare already to challenge our government to a trial by strength, and bid defiance to the laws of our country.
Thomas Jefferson

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

I sincerely believe... that banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies.
Thomas Jefferson

edit on 2014/11/28 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
The ones who control the Rockefellers, Rothschilds, Bush's, Clintons, etc.

No really.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join