It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

will they pursue the rioters whose image was caught on camera?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
They will also have to hold accountable those officers that stood by and watched crime take place.

I don't think so.

The Officers in this instance could not interfere. Their lives would have been at risk to interfere at the time.

One officer who interfered after a crime had taken place ended up causing this whole thing.

They were more than likely ordered to stand down.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

Then they will drag them through the courts, who in turn will buckle to political pressure and hand out ridiculously harsh sentences opportunists.

Theft is theft.

There are many crimes I think that should be decriminalized and are only there to the benefit of governments (IE drug laws)

But crimes in involving theft and violence I have zero tolerance for.

Yeah, totally agree but let's keep it in proportion when deciding sentences, plenty were made an example of. Sure they were foolish in their acts, but most were opportunists, nothing more, nothing less.

The banks robbed the U.K people of billions, right in front of their eyes in 2008/2009 and have continued to rob us further ever since. Yet how many bankers have been brought to justice? Someone's to blame for this theft, where are they? Why aren't they being made examples of? Probably because they weren't foolish enough to get caught on camera, with the live footage being broadcast into our abodes.

I would be 100% for charging and jailing the bankers in charge during the 2007 crisis

But that does not excuse looters. Theft hurts people and looting destroys businesses.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
They will also have to hold accountable those officers that stood by and watched crime take place.

Those officers where dammed if they do and dammed if they dont.

chances are if they had stepped in they would have been attacked which would of meant they would have had to use violent forces and that would have inflamed the situation more.

Better to let the looters take stuff then hunt them down latter. Its what happened in the UK, the police let them take do the looting and waited a coupled of weeks for the riots to calm down then rounded up the looters when they thought they were safe

edit on 28-11-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join