It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A conspiracy about ATS inspired by nonspecific

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
There is nothing worse in my opinion than a single line followed by.

2nd line.

I understand that at one time it was deemed acceptable but it fooled nobody.

Although one liners lack clarity I feel it is better to give one good line than sham 2.

a reply to: WhiteAlice

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixFreeman

Just to let you know, I talked with Druid42 who runs the 'Out of the Box' show and he'll try to get the Emmett Finch interview in the archives for the weekend.

** Please keep in mind we are all volunteers so Druid42 can't add it at the drop of a hat. The file needs to be processed before it can be uploaded **

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Just to let you know, I talked with Druid42 who runs the 'Out of the Box' show and he'll try to get the Emmett Finch interview in the archives for the weekend.

** Please keep in mind we are all volunteers so Druid42 can't add it at the drop of a hat. The file needs to be processed before it can be uploaded **

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

MEntal illness is now more prevalent than ever in history. More classifications and more categories. So with more alien sightings, UFO sightings and so called abductions (have to contain laughter for that one) is there even a strong possibility that those who claim these wild and fantastical things are nothing more than mentally ill?

Is it a coincidence that both Mental illness and UFO sightings have jumped in extraordinary fashion in the last 50 years???

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
So are you saying that belief in Ufo's is linked to to menatal illness?

I would love to see some research on this please?

If it is just your opinion thats also good but I would like to have some clarification.

a reply to: projectbane

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectbane

MEntal illness is now more prevalent than ever in history. More classifications and more categories. So with more alien sightings, UFO sightings and so called abductions (have to contain laughter for that one) is there even a strong possibility that those who claim these wild and fantastical things are nothing more than mentally ill?

Is it a coincidence that both Mental illness and UFO sightings have jumped in extraordinary fashion in the last 50 years???

Clearly an alien..

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sabiduria

Ye man no worries

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   

There might be some people with mental disorders who think they are seeing UFO's/think they are being abducted but that's not the case for everyone.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

You bet. I got some of those posts in a thread where the person said they wouldn't be replying to me anymore because I'm just "not that bright" and it would be a waste of time; later, on the same day, that same person commented on another thread, replying to me with the same basic tactics all over again... It was somewhat funny, that one...

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Regarding the complaints that there are rude posts sliding by. ATS has a very small staff compared to the number of daily posts. There is no way possible that we can or do see them all. In fact, as all staff are members and volunteers - we tend to spend our time contributing to threads as well as moderating.

The long and short of it is this: If you see an abusive or insulting post, alert it. That point cannot be stressed enough. It brings the post to the attention of staff and allows us to have a discussion about it. Also, be patient. Moderation on ATS is done by consensus - meaning that we discuss the merits of a post, good and bad, as part of the process of considering removing it. Thus it can take time - particularly when it's a difficult call as to whether the post was intended to be insulting or not.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

It is related, but for the opposite reasons. Alien abductions are very much related with government mind control studies, so they provoke alien hallucinations on the victims in order to discredit them. "oh, they are just a schizophrenic, who cares what they say, they're crazy" Their problems are caused by the experiments.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixFreeman
Sooo my theory is that aliens may have infiltrated ATS...

If the reactions to the truth on ATS is any indication, I would say you are probably correct.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sabiduria

There might be some people with mental disorders who think they are seeing UFO's/think they are being abducted but that's not the case for everyone.

Why is that not the case for everyone?
No one has any proof of these "abductions" and I have seen NO proof of actual UFO's in the sense of them being ALIENS or from a different planets etc....so until we can prove it, why would it be any different to a man claiming in court that "god told him to kill the family" if he clearly believes god told him.

They all the same bag....they have experienced some form of mental arrest!

However, I am very open to being proved wrong..not by talk but by actual proof. Same reason I don't believe in god. It's nonsense.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
While it is certainly possible that some ufo sightings and abductions may be ascribed to mental illness,it would be plain silly to believe that it is true across the spectrum,imo.

First of all,I'm an abductee and has been since early childhood-i'm not even going to touch that subject here,I've accepted it's not my job to try and convince people that genuine abdictions do occur.It's not my job or responsibility,nor personally worth, getting myself all worked up over something like that-and I've come to accept that I cannot possibly,in all fairness,get angry at strangers for not believing,or even for outright accusing me of being daft in the head for talking about the subject.

Bottom line-if you have'n had that life,all your life,you will never be able to have a concept of the insidiousness of the phenomenon,how it pervades every single aspect of one's life.It's just not do-able,and that is not the fault of the sceptic,or even the outright troll.It is a concept so foreign to those who have lived normal lives that there can never be understanding-and finally at long last I am ok with that.

As to the subject of ufo sightings-i have to say that statistically-it is just not possible that all the multitudes of people,in America alone, who have had ufo sightings are looney-tunes.If that had to be the case,America would be one big open-air Bedlam,and the country certainly could not have functioned at the level it does.There would have been mayhem in the streets of every city,town and hamlet 24/7 as all the raving nutcases ran amok as they pleased.It would have been a non-stop bloody circus.

I take my own family as an example-my husband is a sensible,pragmatic man who holds down a responsible job-his workplace could hardly function without him.My firstborn is a teacher,and well-liked and respected around where we live.My two younger children are very bright,very well-liked individuals.And I am a sensible,down-to-earth practical woman myself,who raised these fine and well-liked and respectable+respected young people.Not exactly a family of whackjobs.Yet every single member of my family have had ufo sightings where we live.Every single one of 5 very different individuals.

While I certainly cannot prove that all,or even some of those ufo's we have seen are of ET origin,the fact is that some mighty strange things have been seen in the skies in this region,whence ever they originate from,terrestrial or ET.Not just by us either-we have met other people who have also spoken of strange things seen in the sky around here.Again,not whackjobs but perfectly normal down-to-earth folks.

To save you asking,no I do own a video camera,or even a decent regular camera,to capture these sightings.In my country,where there's apparently a draconian law that everything Has to be a total rip+off, these gadgets cost thousands upon thousands of our currency,and we are not financially comfortable,because of the high prices of everything,and because we don't have credit cards,and we are raising children.Something more important Always comes up.And no that is not "convenient"-it is extremely Inconvenient because I would love to have a decent camera,and it's frustrating as Hell that I will have to wait for years to be able to save up for a decent one.a reply to: projectbane

edit on 28-11-2014 by Raxoxane because: typo's

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

No one has any proof of these "abductions" and I have seen NO proof of actual UFO's in the sense of them being ALIENS or from a different planets etc

Right I forgot just because you haven't seen a UFO that they do not exist and everyone who has seen one, including myself, is insane. I also was not alone, my fiance (we had only started dating a couple months prior) was with me as we walked his parents dog one night.

Only problem with that is that I'm not insane, I do not have any mental disorder, nor was I under some sort of mental arrest. I have gone to counseling but that's because I was never shown the healthy ways to deal with anger, sadness & how to cope. I knew that I couldn't ever have a health relationship if all I'm doing is yelling just to communicate, suppressing the need to cry & how to cope when life throws me a curve ball (which it does a lot).

....so until we can prove it

....so until we can prove it to you, you will think everyone is insane. Good to know

However, I am very open to being proved wrong..not by talk but by actual proof.

I am curious as to what you consider actual proof & why the evidence that already does exist (ex: first hand accounts from experienced pilots, first hand accounts from experienced flight control towers including radar personal)

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Sabiduria

See hes one of them look how much he swayed the thread haha

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AlephBet

I agree. ATS is a melting pot of ideas and information. Here you will find many different people with unique perspectives and experiences. There are a lot of out-of-the-box and free-thinkers here.

Some folks are a little further out-of-the-box and free-er than others, but there is value in what they say as well.

I always try to keep an open mind. For the most part I have found unique nuggets of wisdom in even the most inane-sounding posts. However, in searching for those rare bits, it requires us to look deeper into what the poster is saying. That's one of the reasons I participate in this community. There is information here that can't be found anywhere else.

In following up on the DNA theory you propose, perhaps there are strands of DNA possessed by the citizens of ATS that are difficult, or impossible to find elsewhere.

dex

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

Hello Raxoxane,

Based on our previous conversations, I would definitely not consider you mentally ill at all. You are well-spoken and present many well thought-out and cogent arguments. Including the one you just presented.

If I had summarily dismissed the report you made about seeing "skywalkers" I would not have followed through with my research that demonstrated the extremely distinct nature of the geography and geology of your area.

And the mental image of the Zebra roaming around in your yard tends to put things into perspective for an American who has never travelled south of the Equator.

dex

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
As far as the subject of this thread, I believe there may be all kinds of infiltrators here. But, I don't see the logic in thinking that the leaders of this community have any nefarious intentions. Intentionally suppressing conversation about any subject matter relevant to the content here would not be good for business and would reduce the number of participants.

Having said that, I have recently experienced a number of "synchronicities" that caused me to do more in-depth research in certain subject areas that I may not have ordinarily pursued. On more than one occasion I have somewhat altered my opinion because I've looked into a topic more deeply.

There may be any number of reasons for these synchronicities to occur. However, one possible reason is that some of the infiltrators may plant these interesting nuggets to drive more critical thinking based on a broadened knowledge base. If one believes that there are those "out there" with special knowledge who are trying to impart that understanding to us, I suspect this would be their methodology. It makes sense to me that to drive the evolution of our civilization we need to arrive at this special knowledge based on our own pursuit of it. By deriving our own considered conclusions, we are able to much more seamlessly integrate it into the framework of our current understanding. While simply handing us the blueprints to these advanced ideas may be more disruptive than productive, and potentially lead to a catastrophic outcome.

Other infiltrators may be here to attempt to drive our good citizens away from such activity. Or perhaps they are here to shepherd the conversation in non-productive directions. There will always be those who prefer the status quo. As long as we are constrained to inside-the-box thinking, we remain easy to control. That unique knowledge that I spoke of will still emerge over time, because it cannot be completely suppressed. However, integration of it into our global consciousness will be delayed, and the forward progression of our civilization will suffer.

I would suggest to those who may shy away from creating, or posting in, threads that pertain to unique subject matter keep participating at full speed. You should be secure in the knowledge that for every troll or skeptic you encounter, there are many more of us who will read what you have to say without any preconceptions. There is value in your experience and your input. Do not allow the naysayers and the nefarious infiltrators to suppress your contribution. If you allow them to do so, we are all much the poorer for it.

dex

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join