It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS - Shook UP to the Core cuts ofF Communications in Mosul

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Paralysis in Mosul is the Headline on Fox

Fox Article

for a "Caliphate" Isis seems to resorting to the tactics of an average despotism...not allowing their loyal subjects freedom of communication.

but the real question is what are they expecting? What is headed for the ISIS Stronghold in Iraq?

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: michaelbrux

.not allowing their loyal subjects freedom of communication.

It becomes harder for the other side to monitor their movements without being able to communicate with the locals.

But who knows what IS is up to.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Just like Ebola, ISIS is relevant until it's not. We're in Iraq again, we've softened Syria and still can't remove Assad. Repubs back in office, will put up resistance to any potential wins by Obama so best to wrap some # up before it blows up in his face like Benghazi, IRS and Mexican gun running to name a few examples.

Meh, just getting for the next "crisis", it'll give us something to talk about. Look on the bright side, maybe some of those ISIS beheading video producers may find themselves a future career in Hollywood.
just think of the suspense and awesome special effects.
edit on 27-11-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

but the real question is what are they expecting?

I think the bigger question is what are they doing that they don't want it to get out that they cut all communications in a city like Mosul?

Doesn't sound good that's for sure.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Lots of things ,the SAS,THIS..foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com...
edit on 27-11-2014 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
not a good sign only 5.5 months into the Caliphate. I'm thinking the buzz is wearing off and ISIS has run out of that payow.

I bet they'll regret burning all those cigarettes and liquor before Christmas...which the residents will yearn to celebrate.

it'll take a whole lot of spin but IS will probably issue a fatwah authorizing tobacco and alcohol in a few weeks.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I could be getting it all wrong, but...I watch a lot of Aljazeera coverage of the ISIS, ISIL, IS, mess and the sense I get of the situation is that ISIL is being pushed back from Baghdad. The Iraqi Shia militias in concert with Iranian military advisers and special forces have retaken some key towns and bridges on the way to Mosul and are advancing against ISIL.

So...I guess we just wait and see what happens next.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

ISIL cant afford to loose Mosul, as it is the closest city to ancient Nineveh. They expect their messiah to rule from Nineveh (Zeph 2:13-15).

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

I thought they had an Appointment at Samarra? I suppose it depends on the source.

but they can't lose Mosul...otherwise, they were just pretenders the whole time.

I embraced her...but they probably don't have that option.
edit on 27-11-2014 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

A fixed position is a DEAD position. All they need do is eat at the periphery.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The area of territory they control is massive. Still a major threat to regional peace and stability

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: funkadeliaaaa

i suppose massive is a matter of perspective and control one of definition. i've seen the maps and western Iraq and eastern Syria are not massive...most of what they 'control' seems to be centered on well established travel routes through the region they've infested.

but it was IS that cut communications in a city they 'control' which suggests their 'control' isn't as strong as the MSM portrays it.

seriously, If IS was in control, CNN and Al Jazeera would be doing daily live broadcasts from downtown Mosul and Raqqa...and IS would have no concern that this would be a threat. they are far from anything that can responsibly called control.

they scared and it only gets worst for them from here.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
When ISIS failed to take Baghdad they lost the only chance they really had. Since then they have only been able to make small advance all of which they have lost since Coalition airstikes. For Iraq they key was the change in goverment to one the includes Sunnis and Kurds. That has lead to Iraqi and Kurding forces working togther and Sunnis changing sides. Most of the recent Iraqi advances have included Sunni tribal militias who are tired of ISIS.

ISIS had has also lost two major things. One, it oil money. Most of its oil production has now been destroyed as have the profits that came from it. Also the coaltion has wisely hit ISIS home made refineries, meaning ISIS is short of gas. The second thing that ISIS has lost is its reputation as conquerors and that makes getting and keeping recruits harder. Tactical retreats are much harder to sell to recruits than glorious advances.

As the Kurds, FSA and Iraqi's get retrained they will continue to advance with coalition air support. As they advance, ISIS control over the Sunnis will continue to fade as the Sunnis joing the fight to remove them. It is just a matter of time for ISIS. What comes after however is going to be one big confusing mess.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad
Yep, will be confusing. they need a dictator over there to control those people. Any of Saddam's cronies sill breathing?

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
Yep, will be confusing. they need a dictator over there to control those people. Any of Saddam's cronies sill breathing?

They are the ones who allied with and gave ISIS the training and leadership to fight a conventional war. They hoped to take Baghdad in on last roll of the dice and failed. So they will not be coming out of this one. More likely we will see Iraq and Syria end up being several in not completely independant states then defacto ones with the illusion of a central authority.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven

Yes. They're all working for ISIS.

top topics

join