It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghan mother kills 25 Taliban in revenge attack

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Reading this news and considering the constant failure fighting Talibans, Pakistan should install a matrialchal society.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: CitizenJack

Notice how she did nothing until they killed her son. So she was less against terrorists, more against her son's murderers.

Either way, good for her.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn
Self defence? try risking more family members lives over an already dead man that volunteered for the security business IN A WARZONE.
Live by the gun..
=logic spot on
edit on 28-11-2014 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Reza Gul, reminds me of the dreaded R'as al Ghul

peace

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: all2human
Self defence? try risking more family members lives over an already dead man that volunteered for the security business IN A WARZONE.
Live by the gun..
=logic spot on

Oh please.

These people were under attack. They fought back.

I say good for them. You think they should simply roll over and get killed.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
No, preferable leave the warzone and not take-part and become victims of it
imo we are not being told the whole story, motives etc
What we do know is they must have been aware their son was at risk of being killed manning a check point in a hot zone.
And considering the amount of weapons and training this family had, they must have expected it.
Self defence is one thing but deliberately putting one's family in mortal danger and preparing for the consequences via arms and training is quite another, defence turns into a pre-meditated offensive rather quickly.
And considering who they killed, the Taliban ( who maintain strong Tribal support and power in government) life expectancy of this family will be reduced significantly because of their actions.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
If you believe this story is 100% accurate...

There's rather a culture of massive exaggeration and fantastical boasting in Afghanistan and some other countries as well. Every Afghan soldier you meet would have you believe he's royalty in his village. Every Afghan citizen tells tales of how they've resisted the Taliban bravely and cost them dearly.

An untrained Afghan woman did not magically acquire combat know how and kill 25 Taliban in a firefight. Perhaps she got lucky and blew up a truck with an RPG, but I doubt it.

Any feel good story coming out of that country is highly suspect.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: all2human

I agree with you, but sometimes its the only way to dispense justice. Some people are simply too dangerous to keep alive.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Firefly_
And in turn somebody else will pick up the sword to dispense their version of justice
ad infinitum

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Of course..Why didn't those stupid Afghans think of that!?

Just pick up everything and move!

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
As an alternative to signing the rest of her and her family's death warrant
and perpetuating the cycle of violence in one of the most volatile areas in Afghanistan
I'd say it would be the wiser of choices.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Okay question... Say it was US military that had murdered her son... And she then picks up the gun and kills 25 US soldiers... Is she still a hero? Or something else? Would you still cheer her on? Lets assume that her son was NOT a terrorist.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

edit on 28-11-2014 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Amazing. I wish more people over in the middle east would follow suit. If they did, there would be no more terrorists.

Hopefully others will do the same.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Meee32

call it natural instinct, mama bear instinct

some people that are not too 'mind controlled' by control system are more 'savage' because they are probably not afraid of the consequences.

i'm sure some people who are born in most dangerous countries and live there for their entire life, are mostly ready to accept death anytime.

im not saying that she's right. but imho, every actions lead towards some consequences.

let say in your scenario, you were one of those US soldiers who killed her son, then his mom killed you, or at least killed all your best friends in your squad and left you crippled. that would be what eastern people call 'karma'.

is it right or wrong for her to do so? i dunno.
imho, every being has rights to do anything but there are always consequences for their actions, good or bad.
besides what determines good and bad? nobody knows. a good act can be seen as bad by others. same with the other way around: US soldiers killing terrorists and 'terrorists' (innocent civillians) are seen as good by US citizens who support them. But those who suffer the loss will see it as bad.

peace
edit on 29-11-2014 by dodol because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: all2human
a reply to: Firefly_
And in turn somebody else will pick up the sword to dispense their version of justice
ad infinitum

So in your opinion, if my family was being attacked I should just let them die, rather than pick up a gun and fight back and protect them. Let the powers that be sort it out afterwards, mourn for the loss and then get on with life as a good non-violent person...?

Your a total dick mate..!

edit on 29-11-2014 by Ironclad2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: dodol

Well actually I think maybe you got me wrong XD... I am all for her doing what she did... I don't actually believe that she killed 25 on her own though, she was with others. But she was well within her rights to do it...

Now the point of my post was this, if it were us soldiers and she did the same she would NOT have a thread here painting her as a hero, she probably wouldn't have a thread at all, but if she did she would be called a terrorist and condemed...

No-one would be applauding her, No-one would be calling her mama bear XD

How many "terrorists" are there just like her fighting against the US?

There was a story I read about 2 "cowards" who set themselves up in a parking lot across the way from a US military base and took it on by themselves! Armed with AK's and a couple RPG's... Cowards? lmao... Seems pretty feckin brave to me! If this story was about 2 US soldiers against a "terrorist" stronghold do you think they would be called cowards? lmao

When the US flies over and drops bombs on people are they called cowards?

A suicide bomber though = coward lol

It's just utter non-sense to me all of it, the double standards makes me wanna puke sometimes.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Ironclad2000
If it means saving her and the rest of her family then by all means call me names.
Her whole family wasn't being attacked, her son, whom volunteered in the security forces in a warzone was
I'm not saying what the mother did wasn't understandable , i'm merely pointing out she could have made a smarter choice by accepting the fate of one of her family members instead of risking and condemning the rest of them.

edit on 30-11-2014 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

So roll over and come what may?

Not everyone is a willing lemming.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
No instead lets go blow up and kill people, because it has achieved so much in the ME

edit on 30-11-2014 by all2human because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join