It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9 Photos of White People Rioting That Put Ferguson into Perspective

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   
9 Photos of White People Rioting That Put Ferguson into Perspective

Take the riot that broke out last month in Keene, New Hampshire, during a pumpkin festival. Fires were started, cars were flipped and expletives were hurled at cops. Police arrived on the scene with tear gas and pepper spray to contain the riots. But the American public largely shrugged its shoulders at the incident. After all, white, unruly college kids will be rowdy, right? They're just booze-filled revelers. As CNN commentator Sally Kohn aptly put it, "how is it that the bad behavior of some black people is used to condemn an entire community, while the bad behavior of some white kids is excused and explained away?"

During a rash of rioting by surfers in Huntington Beach, Calif., writer Cord Jefferson satirically asked, "How long must we wait for the white community to get its act together?" After riots in Huntington, Keene, and elsewhere, we rarely see political or media commentary that asks people in the white community to speak out, tells white parents to get their acts together or complains about the "thuggish" values of today's youth. The vastly different reaction to the Ferguson riots Monday shows, yet again, a troubling discrepancy in how Americans talk about white and black violence. The Ferguson protests are not the same as protests over sporting events or a pumpkin festival (yes, a pumpkin festival) that's spun out of control. The reactions in Ferguson are of a greater intensity because they're driven by entirely different emotions: anxiety, frustration and fear over a case that seemed to sum up decades of racial tension in the St. Louis area.

See the different reactions when certain group riot? One is thuggery..etc and the other is just kids acting out.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

Fools......They really are. The very things they demand change on are the very things they help happen. I see them demand communism and the end of corporate greed........Fools every last one of them.

Is it any wonder why men like Hitler gain power. He played young people just like this and it worked. If these young people really wanted to fix the system and stop the police state they would be fighting for the constitution and the rights of the individual. I bet 99% of the protesters thing this is a democracy and the the rights of the masses is the key. I wonder if any of them actually figure out they are playing right into the hands of the people they are against.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Reason I brought up was because of the latest comments by members concerning a car driving through the mob or when a child was shot instantly.

These disgusting people should be weeded out of ATS. You can never have any type reasonable debate..because of their racist subtle posts.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   

These riots just cannot be compared and contrasted with one other.

The reason why so much media attention has been placed on the Ferguson riots, is due to the fact that the news values associated with it far outweighed those in the other riots. The verdict was months in the making, and the story was of national, if not international, interest. Not to mention the fact that the Ferguson riots have resulted in much more destruction than many others in recent memory.

I think this article focuses too much on race issues. It tries claiming that African-Americans are generalised as a result of violent protests, and that white people are not. That's bull#. The average educated person understands that the actions of a few don't represent the majority. Hell, the USA has an African-American president.

The truth is that most people do not generalise a whole community based on the actions of a few. Too much attention is given to uneducated people who would prefer to bask in ignorance and generalise nearly every group as one thing or another.

edit on 27-11-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Comparing rioters who have been drinking and celebrating which turns into unruly behavior by destroying and vandalizing property, can not be compared to a protest focused on creating change and directing outrage against the police for an injustice. The rioters in Ferguson have a beef against the police, not innocent people in their community who have done nothing to warrant their property being set on fire, being pelted by stones, beaten or having their life threatened.

Both acts of vandalism and destroying property is wrong, but what makes Ferguson rioting outrageous is how they have turned violent against their own community!! They had declared their protests were out of respect and justice for Michael Brown, yet they completely ignored their agenda for protesting and used it as a reason to loot and vandalize their own community for their own selfish reasons!

It's the hypocrisy of the protesters in Ferguson which has caused the country to loudly condemn their violent behavior. If you want change, you need to act in a way that will get you respect and support from people outside of your community. An act of property destruction by hooligans with no agenda can in no way be compared with the violence and destruction that is happening in Ferguson.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996
Reason I brought up was because of the latest comments by members concerning a car driving through the mob or when a child was shot instantly.

These disgusting people should be weeded out of ATS. You can never have any type reasonable debate..because of their racist subtle posts.

I haven't hear about any cars driving into mobs, and I think the cop in OH would have been justified had the kid been white, too. Stuff it on the implied racism.

Rioters are all dumb asses. All of them. Destroying property because you're pissed off is the lowest possible way of attempting to achieve anything, and there's a reason it appeals to the lowest common denominators -- all it takes in terms of effort is something tossed, something destroyed, and a couple of prehistoric grunts to make idiots feel like they're useful or important. I don't care if it's people pissed off over how the game of grab-ass on a field went, or if it's Ferguson, it's the lazy man's route.
Hooray progress! Not.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   

These riots didn't fit the narrative for Pravda to use. No black teen getting shot or killed.
Its as simple as never let a crisis go to waste.
edit on 27-11-2014 by hillbilly4rent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Ummmm, the rioters in this instance were white trash thugs.

They were exhibiting the worst of what is within all human beings.

So I say they behaved like a bunch of wild animal white trash.

Bad behavior, is bad behavior.

People should always be held accountable for their own behavior

and rioting, hurting others, destroying the property of innocent people

is always bad behavior that should not be tolerated or excused for any reason.

Bunch of white trash in my opinion, so I hold an equal opportunity disdain.

edit on 8Thu, 27 Nov 2014 08:53:38 -0600am112711amk274 by grandmakdw because: format spelling addition

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
*black man is shot* it was his own fault

*girl is raped* she was asking for it

*white kid shoots up a school* he's disturbed & needs help

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996

Completely agree. It's interesting to see the amount of ignorance on here when it comes to race/racial issues. I am mixed race and can see things from both sides pretty well. But I do often get offended when people on here say hateful things... or that so and so deserved to be shot, etc. Especially that little boy with the gun. Yes, his behavior was inappropriate, especially in these times of chaos and school shootings... but he in no way shape or form deserve to be shot and killed by someone appointed to protect us. He was a CHILD. Ugh. I'm ranting. Excuse me. I could go on and on!

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: alishainwonderland

Well I think there is a difference between a black man (or any race for that matter) robbing a store and assaulting an officer and a person (of any race) shooting up a school.

I think it could be easily argued that someone (of any race) that shoots up a place like a school is mentally insane. There is a reason why (although not often successful) the judicial system has an insanity plea.

I would venture to say that a majority of people that rob stores for cigars to use to smoke marijuana are not "mentally insane."

edit on 27-11-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-11-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

A riot is a riot, isn't it? A civil protest that's lost control and become an act against the values, beliefs and outcomes promoted by the participants?

Ideally, a protest should remain orderly to make the point on intellectual, reasonable grounds and not by shows of brute force. Ethical policing, ethical governance and freedom to protest shouldn't be coloured by racial prejudices or even racial party lines. Ideally...

Until we can all get past the racial divisions, valid protests won't be able to gather enough support to create the change that most people would like to see.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Once we all realize there is no such thing as racism as we are all the HUMAN RACE things might change, but I doubt that will ever happen.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

NOPE all trash ,Don't CARE what MSM says. Criminal behaviour getting done with a social excuse to enable it.
White ,black,infiltrated extraterrestrials ,whatever

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: alishainwonderland

Yeah I guess I kinda see what you're saying, but i think just about anyone who shoots up a school needs some help, and would be portrayed that way in the media. I don't recall any black school shooters, but there was an asian shooter at a university about 5 or 10 years ago, with around 30 victims, and he was portrayed in this manner.

But anyway I just think its a little bit ridiculous to insinuate that if a black guy or some other guy snapped and did a school shooting, he'd get some kind of different treatment, as if he'd be considered a thug rather than disturbed. The only reason he might be called a thug is if they look into his background and social media and find a bunch of evidence pointing to that, just like the 2 white Columbine kids were called "trenchcoat mafia".

To the OP. I realize you did not write the article, but, I was promised 9 photos of white people rioting. Apparently there are not 9 photos that could be found of white people rioting, or the person who's job it was to find 9 photos fitting this description was just not up to the task.

I see one photo of cops standing next to an overturned vehicle. I see one photo of a burning bus. I see a photo of one single white guy in front of a large burning object in the middle of the street, which i guess counts as a white person rioting but I didn't think the point of this article was to point out a single participant of a riot...

...I thought the point was to identify the race responsible for a riot. So we can all know which race's fault it is. Which makes sense because that is a skill that is greatly needed now at this time more than ever before. I think its a helpful service we can all agree on. So, it's the kind of thing that can really bring us together during the holiday season. Dare I say, it is the kind of thing that, transcends race?

There's a photo of some guys pushing over a car, and the guy right in the middle, almost as if he were the team captain of the car pushing over team, is black! Someone get rid of this racist photo... portraying blacks as troublemakers...its obvious that black gentleman was just passing through the area and saw that he had unintentionally stumbled onto the scene of what was to be a group photograph. Not one to ruin another fellow's group photograph, and always a good sport, Cleveland C Worthington Jr. the 3rd did what any good gentleman would do and posed for the photo!

On second thought, it appears that this car was already turned over, so these kids, assuming they succeeded, were actually in the process of flipping it Back over to its proper orientation, and were thus, "righting a wrong", as it were.

I see 1 ariel photo taken of a crowd too far away to identify the race of each individual but it seems by the sheer size of it that statistically it should not be all white. Also it should be said of this photo that, while there does appear to be one road cone thingy airborne, i can't seem to find anyone doing anything other than just standing there.

I see another photo where it is impossible to determine the race of anyone because it

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I think they're ALL thugs, white or black.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Rioting over 1 black male being shot.. no rioting about how many known deaths (millions?) brought by wars overseas, now that should be a reason for rioting, but of course that never happens.

It Is Infinitely Easier to Kill a Million People than it is to Control Them

edit on 27-11-2014 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: alishainwonderland
*black man is shot* it was his own fault

Are you freaking serious????
Every time a black guy is shot, the big rally is always: "He was such a good person." "The cops murdered this poor
innocent person." I don't like cops. I've been abused by cops plenty of times.
But c'mon, let's be honest here!

Let's take the Michael Brown case. He had just committed a robbery. He was a thug. That's not open for debate, it's on a security camera recording from the store. Here it is:

Yet this CNN article goes on and on about what a wonderful person he was.
Michael Brown

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
You know what the difference is? The White People that AREN'T rioting aren't crying foul and oppression that the Police are using Tear Gas on the mother#ers. I say they go to easy on rioters after some stupid hockey game. I would have ZERO qualms about the Police going Rodney King on every single one of the rioters. No sports victory or loss justifies attacking people and destroying others property.

top topics

join