It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm tired of seeing 'bad cop' things so I'm doing this:

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: sarra1833
ANYWAY.

Back to the TOPIC of my OP, shall we then?

I found this lovely video of 12 acts of kindness from police officers. Enjoy! And do keep sharing your uplifting tales of good kind police officers who go above and beyond the call of duty - or who are just giving, warm and caring souls trying to make a positive difference.

2008 source:

Source 2104:

In 2008, there were approximately 120,000 police offices in the US...6 years later there are now 900,000 (or 78,000 in 6 years hired). Its nice to see that someone worked hard to find 12 cops that did something right. The rest are just criminals in suits with a government pass to be an @$$.
Seeing as the police are the only ones who like themselves anymore (as if this is a new thing for them), I would venture to say that they dug into their 1990's archives to put this video piece together just to make themselves look good to everyone else.....its not working. For every one cop that does a good deed...there are thousands who break, remake and create their own laws that epitomize violence and hate against free people who just want to live without their tyranny, egos and psychopathic behaviors.
edit on 28-11-2014 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
While my additions aren't near as grandiose as some of the others, one of these I was directly involved in as a 911 dispatcher.

Guy calls 911, says he just walked into his trailer and his mom and wife were unconscious on the floor. I immediately got the address, and as I was telling him to get out of the house due to gas, he collapsed as well. I just heard a THUD, and the phone sliding across the floor.
Immediate protocol is to call fire department (as they deal with gaseous environments) and EMS, which I promptly did, telling them that we had 2 people confirmed unconscious, the caller had mentioned a heater in the house, and possibly a third (the caller). They normally take around 5 minutes to get on the road, and this local cop happened to pick up the call over his radio. He immediately went en-route to location, I acknowledged and assumed he was just going to keep people out, as he was aware of the gas.

Next thing I know he did what he did, and the EMS and Fire arrived shortly after. He did this without any respiratory gear, wearing a vest and all of his gear. He used a "firemans carry" to get these three people out. Small town cops in my state sometimes get a bad rep, but this shows that every cloud has it's silver lining.

Larsen Given Medal

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
It is just a small thing but last year I was driving to work, going 61 in a 45 mile zone and a cop pulled me over. He could have written me a speeding ticket but he let me off with a warning. That was nice of him.

Sal

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex
a reply to: JiggyPotamus

The one thing I have noticed is, the smaller the town, the nicer the cops are. The larger the town, the bigger dicks the cops are.

If only they could find a middle ground.

Sometimes, perhaps. But IME it doesn't always work that way.

It's probably a little easier to be edgy as a city cop, because they have a lot more crap to deal with, and a lot more danger.

On the other hand, I have known *some* small town cops to get very bored, to the point where giving a young person a record over a dime bag seems like a good idea. And I have seen city cops "look the other way" when it comes to petty stuff like that, more times than I can count. They have bigger fish to fry.

The most aggressively (and unreasonably IMO) I've ever been manhandled by an officer, it was a very small town cop. (Although to be fair-- the most unreasonable attitude I was ever given, without physical component or provocation, was a city cop.)

The cases where cops were nicest to me, and/or showed mercy, were all city cops, except for a couple.

So I guess it kind of depends...

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Taggart

I never insinuated that you hated the police.

I was more so speaking in generalities about blanket police haters.

I don't think you are one. Sorry for the confusion my friend.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I must have taken your comment about questioning why I have "put up" with the job for 10 years out of context.

I apologize.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: sarra1833

The person who posted this is pretty obviously working for/ or is a cop. That's the only explanation for this post.... Or they are married to a police officer. There really can be no other way this is a real person with this opinion. Please, dont encourage these propagandist posts.

In a sense, this post is a good sign that the videos showing cops doing what they do every day is having a real impact on the "police community". That's right, this post IS the establishment bleeding.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: nomdeterreur

.............. seriously?

And welcome to ATS. I see that was your first post. Hope you'll have fun on this site; we're some pretty good people. And no, I am not married at all nor am I a cop, lol. I work in a plastics factory and have done nothing but min wage jobs before said factory.

Yes, '''real people'''' do have good opinions about the good people who are in life. This world is not all bad.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

Better read your sources again.

The first one claims 885,000 officers in 2008, not 120,000.

You only counted federal in your first figure ("120,000 in 2008"), and then counted ALL of them (federal, state, and local) for your second figure ("900,000 in 2014").

The actual increase over that period in raw numbers is 5,000, not 780,000.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Yaaay this is a brilliant idea op im happy to have these cops around this is what they should all be like!

(post by nomdeterreur removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I just googled "good cops" and found evidence that police officers have done good deeds.

I'm pretty sure this is an amazing discovery.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   

OP, i hear you and I agree--not all cops are bad. In fact, so many of them are noble men and women who put their lives on the line to keep us safe from psychos.

However, unfortunately the majority of cops appear to be bad ones. The majority of ones in small towns specifically. Now, cops in Milwaukee or Chicago--I respect the hell out of them. They have some tough situations to contend with--especially in chitown. But around me where I live in the burbs, they're totally jerks. They love going on a power trip and they don't even deal with the actual problems but instead focus on affluent teens smoking pot.

For instance, in my town we have this bowling alley on one of the main roads. There's no shortage of cops around ever and one would think that they'd check out the seedier looking places once in a while, right? Because that's what cops do or so I would think. Wrong. Turns out there was a freaking METH LAB or something behind the bowling alley and they had no frickin clue about it till probably too late...too focused on the EVILLL DEVILS LETTUCE lol...when I think everyone can agree which of the two should be the top priority.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Yeah, cops do nice things once in a while, same as any other profession. Difference is, no other profession has shot dead over 5000 people since 1990, including our military in war zones. No other profession is there to protect and serve. No other profession regularly beat the crap out of people. No other profession is given the same power. While yeah, it's nice they do nice things once in a while, it doesn't come close to cancelling out the not so nice things they do. My 2cents.
edit on Sat, 29 Nov 2014 00:22:38 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
Yeah, cops do nice things once in a while, same as any other profession. Difference is, no other profession has shot dead over 5000 people since 1990, including our military in war zones. No other profession is there to protect and serve. No other profession regularly beat the crap out of people. No other profession is given the same power. While yeah, it's nice they do nice things once in a while, it doesn't come close to cancelling out the not so nice things they do. My 2cents.

cmon dude you need to focus on the good....focus on that and it is like there is no bad.......

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
Oh, I focus on the really good myself. It is really good to live in a town with no cops on patrol, I focus on that

No stop and frisk, no nosey "Who are you, where are going, where are you coming from, what's in the backpack?" type questions, no tickets for going a few mph over the limit, no tickets for taking the quad or snowmobile for a ride down the road when it's snowing. It's wonderful.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

you see the glass is always half full when you want it be

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
The problem with this thread is that COPS ARE SUPPOSED TO DO GOOD BY DEFAULT!!!

There should not be a need to point out the good a cop does...DUH!!!

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Sure, there are good cops out there and I do like to see news about them because it puts some confidence back in my mind. Of course not all cops are bad...HOWEVER! (comma) do you have any stories about a good cop who arrested and filed charges against a bad cop? in the same district or precinct?

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: jergerh

Sure, there are good cops out there and I do like to see news about them because it puts some confidence back in my mind. Of course not all cops are bad...HOWEVER! (comma) do you have any stories about a good cop who arrested and filed charges against a bad cop? in the same district or precinct?

Stumbled across this while on Rense.com and remembered your post.

www.khou.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join