It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Level BS #24: Decades of Institutionalized Racism Set The Stage for Ferguson

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   

(post by transola removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: transola

You might not agree with the premise of the thread, you might not agree with the other posters on the thread, but none of that gives you the right to be rude and fill this thread with ill mannered prattle. We all have a responsibility to make sure that the quality and usefulness of our contributions here is of a high standard, and you seem to be either unaware of that, or be deliberately ignoring the fact.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

You obviously fell asleep during history class. Stating facts as unpopular as they are isn't a crime. Africans sold other africans to people all over the world. FACT.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
watched most of it...it was interesting but it didnt come off too well to me.
i stopped when the dude was saying how they get stopped and searched, up against the car just cause theyre black...maybe they had a busted tail light.

i will never be convinced that those things happen to people just cause they are black.
4 years ago i was taking my wife to college, driving a lincoln and i got pulled over just as i was about to exit the highway.
i was put up against the car. searched. asked if i had any knives, guns, or grenades..
then they called a unit with a dog to sniff the car....all while i had to wait in the car.

found nothing and i walked away....
so yeah, it does not just happen to black people....

really just getting tired of all the excuses....

in 30 years or so according to the vid the population went from something like 15% black to 52%...yeah, thats whiteys fault.
the gov brought down public housing to build a university....gave housing assistance to the displaced families...

how terrible

some of the citizens grad parents had to deal with segregation....yeah, cause thats an excuse to be a dick

slumlords and predatory loans.....oh, you mean the same thing that is going on in my city right now as i type this to people of all colors....houses that are rented being boarded up cause the slum lord fixes nothing.
people that are under water in their houses cause of predatory loans...
all colors

again, seems like a bunch of excuses to me wrapped up in a nice little shock vid

my opinion only

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Yeah, so?

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   

You will note that at no point did I suggest that any of the factual points you made were in error. Also, I have no issue with the fact that you present an alternative view of events to other posters. My issue is that you seem incapable of being respectful while you express that alternative view, and there is no legitimate excuse for that.

Being correct does not absolve you of your responsibility not to be rude to other posters. And, furthermore, regarding me being "butt hurt" despite the fact that someone has started a thread you do not like... That thread has nothing to do with me. I am an individual, and I would thank you to engage with me as such.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I wouldn't worry about lil old me. This is an emotional topic. My rhetoric pales in comparison to white people from other countries pretending they know what is going on in the usa, and suggesting civil war is a good idea. Priorities my friend....priorities.

Then again you still have a queen...

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
**ATTENTION**

Discuss the topic not each other. Violations will be met with Posting Bans.

Do not reply to this post.

~Tenth
ATS Super Mod

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   

No man's heart is free from the potential for darkness. I never said otherwise.

How does evil in Africa, past or present, make evil in America good?

Uprooting the "evil devil tree" in oneself and in ones culture and in the world is a noble goal, a worthy mission, no?

peace,
AB

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

True, but when the race card is used over and over a little history lesson isn't a bad thing.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Is robbing a convenience store uprooting evil in America? Or when you don't get the result you want then burning it down? 150 black people were shot and killed in chicago alone since mike browns death. Nobody cares about that though. Focusing on what is actually wrong and evil might be a good start if you want anything to change.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
You know what, never mind.

Sorry.
edit on 27-11-2014 by TrueBrit because: Redacted

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Stop putting words in my mouth, please. I never said that the looting, or homicide was "uprooting evil" and I would appreciate it if you did not make such assumptions.

You have missed my point entirely if you think your response was appropriate.

While you are wrong in saying "racism" doesn't exist, because racism is an internal psychological issue, but RACE itself is an illusion. This is true. My entire point is that we are all one human race. Humanity is our common heritage. What if it was, say, your eye color that determined "inferiority" - how crazy would that be?

- AB

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Anyone that quit the vid early missed something important. It's been a while since a video was able to make me cry...

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS
Guy at the end says it all. He said so much in his words, even though they were simple. It was the passion in them that get the point across. He had that much passion in just his words, imagine how much passion he put in his business. He was winning the fight and then lost it all because the guy looting at the end said it all in three simple words.....I don't care. Sad.............very sad.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Colonialism pit one tribe against another, outside forces created the market not the locals. Does what you assert justify slavery in the Roman Empire or the Islamic world? Doesn't the Torah condone slavery as long as the slave isn't apart of the nation but from neighboring nations?

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

Nice episode, excellent background on Ferguson and the history of racism in that region of the USA; however, I think you missed the mark a bit.

The bigger picture of the history of racism is important, but is not nearly as relevant as some other key points that should be taken from these recent events.

The job of the prosecutor or DA in assembling a grand jury is to determine if there is enough evidence for an indictment, and to consider if that evidence would be conclusive enough to result in conviction in a court of law.

In what court of law in the USA would the evidence that has been gathered result in a conviction? Answer: none.

Brown's DNA was found inside the officer's vehicle and on the officer's firearm. Witnesses say they saw Brown "punching" the officer. The weapon was discharged inside the vehicle, with a round fired from the inside lodged in the door.

All evidence points toward Brown assaulting the officer, attempting to take the officer's firearm, and fleeing only after failing to gain control of the firearm.

Next, his blood was found in locations that clearly indicate that he had turned around and come back toward the officer.

Plus, Brown was not "profiled" because of his race, he was stopped by the officer because he was identified as a suspect in a robbery which he is on camera committing.

This case should not have attracted the amount of media attention it did, because there is almost no case in any court of law. It should have been a 3-paragraph article on page 4 with the headline "Man assaults officer, attempts to seize gun, gets killed by officer".

The real lessons to be learned are:

1) When people are frustrated over a specific cause, they will irrationally use an incident like this as an excuse for abhorrent behavior. There simply isn't enough behind this incident to warrant such "outrage". Why not pick an incident where someone at least appears innocent.

2) The parasitic and loathsome media should be held solely responsible for causing the events that happened after the decision not to indict was made. The media took an incident that would never, ever result in a conviction and made it into a GIANT race issue.

The approach in this episode of NLBS (and others) seems to be: When the details of an event do not suit an agenda, ignore the details and focus on the "bigger picture". When the "bigger picture" of history won't support the propaganda, then use details and ignore the larger context.

It is presented under the guise of large-scale clarification, but in truth it is a classic technique of obfuscation and dodging.

Thanks, enjoyed the episode!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join