It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Full surveillance video of Cleveland PD shooting 12-year old.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Here's a link to the full video.

Not passing judgement because you can't hear what is being said... but from the video they literally drive up, get out, and shoot the kid. Doesn't look like much time for words to be exchanged here.

I dunno, watch for yourself... pretty heartbreaking.

videos.cleveland.com...

Edit: Skip to 7:00. That's when they pull up. The first 7 minutes is just a kid walking through the snow in the park and minding his own business. Real threatening...
edit on 26-11-2014 by YouAreLiedTo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: YouAreLiedTo

The endless number of things like that right there are why people are protesting all across the U.S.
It isn't just what happened in Ferguson its collectively all of the constant almost daily horrible decisions the police are making.
That is why there are protests.
The people are sick of the LEO's running rampant, armed and killing civilians like its a GTA game in real life.
It's disgusting behavior and is tolerable no longer.
edit on 11/26/2014 by TheSilverGate because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSilverGate

I wonder how long it will be until you can use an officers presence as "fear of bodily harm" to protect yourself from them (the cops).

I bet certain juries would agree...

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I have to say though... you can clearly see the kid reach for his waistband. Without knowing what was said and just going by the video...

I'd have shot him too.

Edit: I think the travesty here is that they missed a chance for communication to actually assess the situation. Literally pulling up next to someone and hopping out is a good way to set everyone's nerves on edge. I think the over-eagerness of the confrontation led to this just as much as the kid reaching for his waist.

There are many ways this could have been handled differently. But it is what it is, and the kid *can* be seen reaching for a gun in his waist. Whether it was real or not is irrelevant.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

As much as I would like to laugh at the should be ridiculousness of that statement, it is no longer ridiculous, and hasnt been for a while.
That statement seems more reality and justifiable after the past few years of everything building up.
No one trusts the police any more, though not all are bad or corrupt but the numbers of legit cops is far out weighed but the other side.
I would rather take my chances with any situation than call the police.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
the world is screwed up...

It looked like the kid reached for a gun..

These are cops, they charge into a room with guns outs, not like soldiers who throw grenades in the room first then charge in..

I support cops they have a very hard job, they are not perfect and some are ass's most drink more then me, and have a guilty conscience..

Sadly society needs cops,and their job is not always going to be boobies and butterflies..

Things like this is going to happen...

Cry about it all you like...

I think all the whiners and complainers should be a cop for a week...

I bet that attitude would change real fast...

edit on b312014-11-26T18:31:32-06:00America/Chicago113076 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Oh..."but, they have a right to go home to their family at night." At least that is what is said, shooting after shooting. Pulling a police vehicle within feet of a supposedly armed suspect and getting out of the vehicle was stupid. The officers there took no precautions with their own life, driving themselves directly into a situation where justification could be made to shoot their guns. It was the same thing in Ferguson imo. Why someone that feared for their life would chase after a suspect, when backup was on the way to assist, just places cops into justified shooting situations.

Agree with you. This needs to

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent76
the world is screwed up...

It looked like the kid reached for a gun..

These are cops, they charge into a room with guns outs, not like soldiers who throw grenades in the room first then charge in..

I support cops they have a very hard job, they are not perfect and some are ass's most drink more then me, and have a guilty conscience..

Sadly society needs cops,and their job is not always going to be boobies and butterflies..

Things like this is going to happen...

Cry about it all you like...

I think all the whiners and complainers should be a cop for a week...

I bet that attitude would change real fast...

I think all the wanna-be-militarized cops should go on a deployment or two.

I bet their attitude would change real fast.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
ah the old shoot first and ask questions later trick

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

aye, they are not perfect.. Sounds like their are allot of bad cops out there...

I hear ya bro..

I hope aptitude tests are given to so called cops these days in the academy...
edit on b472014-11-26T18:47:44-06:00America/Chicago113076 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

(post by Dabrazzo removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouAreLiedTo

I wonder how long it will be until you can use an officers presence as "fear of bodily harm" to protect yourself from them (the cops).

I bet certain juries would agree...

That is how I'll be treating all encounters with law enforcement from here on. They show on a regular basis that they will murder anyone in any situation. So any encounter with police could very easily turn violent from their end and civilians should be permitted to protect themselves accordingly.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
sadly decisions made out of fear are always wrong...

all I can say is society is pretty broken right now..

It is only going to get worse..

Moral decay here, is what we are experiencing..

Society has sold out moral decay or morality for a quick buc, circus media acts making children feel that it is cool to Eff the police on tv, or movies saying bad is good, or video games influencing ignorance...

That is the prism in which we look thru now ladies and gentlemen...

Until the man or woman comes to lead us and cuts off the head of the serpent it will continue..

It will also get worse..

Moral decay..

if mankind needed a mother now is the time...

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent76

Moral decay...could just be a lack of defining and reevaluating our systems to conform to a standard that works best for all involved. Worlds are in a collision pattern, and systems are being tested.

Should we allow police officers to charge into potential situations that can produce death to innocent people, just because they are doing their job. Or maybe a more rationale view is to, when possible, require officers to evaluate if no immediate harm would come from taking a more defensive posture in situations, rather then escalating the situation at any cost. Certainly, departments have done this with refusing to pursue people at high speeds in city limits. Perhaps we take this approach with more aspects of the criminal justice system.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dabrazzo

I'd have shot him too.

You are a disgusting excuse for a human being.

I grew up in a neighborhood called Orange Mound in Memphis, TN.

I've had more friends than I care to count get killed over stupid # like their sunglasses or their car.

I owned my first handgun when I was 14, a .32 ACP that I still own to this day. I know from experience kids as young as 12 can have a real gun.

I stand by my statement. I see you reach for a gun in your waist... and I will shoot you.

I don't care what that makes me.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Devastating, heart breaking, & painful.
Having two children very close in age to this young man made me rethink allowing them to have air soft "guns".

Can't make a judgment call as I was not there & it's hard to make out what the boy is doing on my small cell phone screen.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent76

Cops have a very hard job.

They are making it harder on themselves now.

You know what else would make attitudes change real fast?

When the public stops putting up with this *#%$ and defunds them, or all hell breaks loose and badges become bullseyes.

Attitudes would change real fast in that situation I bet.

I defend cops 90% of the time even though I've been on the wrong end of their clubs more times then I can count. Because I know society needs law enforcement. This cop messed up and needs to be charged IMO.

edit on 26-11-2014 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
This is absolute bull! This type of intimidation is whats causing most of the problem. There was no need of them driving on the lawn when had they used parking lot, it would have given them the time and space needed to assess the situation. The officer opens the door and shoots the child having had no time to see whats going on. In my eyes they caused this situation to spiral out of control by using NO restraint and to much intimidation.
When will people start holding "Peace" Officers to the same lawful standards that the rest must abide by. Come on driving across a snow covered lawn to a report of a kid with a toy gun on a playground. What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Execution! Unbelievable!!
Poor kid. Time something was done about the trigger happy nature of the US police.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join