It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i got a new shotgun....pics...few general questions

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit
try not too make fun of mr cool here. this isnt about him..

this gun is a friggin monster

i like this dude too

www.charterfirearms.com...

At 3 bucks a round not that much fun...hehe

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

Congratulations! A fine purchase.

Depending on if you live in town or out in a rural area, you'll definitely want to get a bit of practice in with your new shotgun, either on your land or at a local range. If you're unfamiliar with firearms (i.e. never shot one) the recoil from a 12ga can be quite a surprise for a beginner, depending on ammo. Mainly depending on shot size. Larger shot will give more kick. Buckshot is a whole different game than 6 or birdshot (8)

LEARN HOW TO HANDLE IT SAFELY! "With great power comes great responsibility." Knowledge is power. Also, you mentioned a family, be sure and teach them how to handle it safely and responsibly for times you may not be home.

Like domo said, as far as pistols go, you really can't go wrong with a Glock. Had a Glock 23 (.40 S&W) for about 10 years now, never had a problem with it after countless rounds. And you will want to spend some range time learning to shoot effectively.

Laws do differ between long guns (rifle/shotgun) vs. handgun. Mostly depending on your local state laws. Do your research on local gun laws, gun laws for the most part only affect law-abiding gun owners. And you can get into some serious doo-doo if all your i's aren't dotted and t's crossed.

If you're interested in getting a Concealed Handgun License, do your research first regarding state laws. There are some preclusions to obtaining one (convicted felon, misdemeanor domestic abuse, more than 2 DUI/Public Intox charges within the past 3 years from application for example in my jurisdiction.) I'd hate for you to drop the cash on the application and find out you can't get one. In my state (Oklahoma) if you have a CHL, the waiting period for handgun purchase can be bypassed.

Like many others have said, I'm generally not a fan of online purchases. Mush like musical instruments, I'd rather see it, hold it, feel it, and inspect it in person before committing to a a purchase.

Also consider that most home defense scenarios take place in low light conditions. Whether you'd rather hold a flash light or mount a tactical one, is your call. Before tickling the trigger, MAKE SURE OF YOUR TARGET, AND WHAT'S BEHIND IT! Don't just pop-off at any shadow that moves, it could be a family member or other non-threat. Buckshot can also have the problem of over-penetration.

And like you said, once you get one.... you want more. Welcome to to the gun-nut club!

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

because i have no idea about ammo.
i asked the dude what would be good and told him i didnt want a slug.

he gave me that and started explaining it..the number on the right (6) is the ball size. he said the smaller the number is the smaller the beads are but there are more of them. the higher the number the larger the bead but less of them.
he said this was in the middle....

sounded good to me....

im new at this
edit on 27-11-2014 by Grovit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Jesus, man! You should never point a gun at a Yeti.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit
a reply to: Xtrozero

because i have no idea about ammo.
i asked the dude what would be good and told him i didnt want a slug.

he gave me that and started explaining it..the number on the right (6) is the ball size. he said the smaller the number is the smaller the beads are but there are more of them. the higher the number the larger the bead but less of them.
he said this was in the middle....

sounded good to me....

im new at this

6 shot is like for ducks or smaller. Smaller balls less powder etc. I dove hunt with 7 shot. Cops and military mainly stick with 00 buck that has 9 balls where your 6 shot has 281 balls. I do not know how big a person you are, but there is a considerable difference in kick since the 00 has a lot more power.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Might I suggest the Canik 55 TP9 semiautomatic pistol? Its reliable and very inexpensive. Made by a Turkish military and police contractor. Imported by Century Arms International. Would be a good starter pistol in 9mm parabellum.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

SRM 1216 Tactical shotgun. I like this one. 16-round 12 gauge semiautomatic ...quick fire devastation...and easy to get...not super expensive either!

Dude that is a 3000 dollar shotgun.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Should have said several others in $695 range....will have to find Pict....believe its a Tec or Tec-something....will ck out...have that s'mwhere...

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Was referring to Kel-Tec KSR 16 gauge 16 shot auto shotgun.

Just now online, some for sale used starting at $650 and up used to new.

www.keltecweapons.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Ahh yes..The KSG and the Sub2000 are my exceptions to the rule when it comes to Kel Tec.

I hate that company and most of their products. But those two are great weapons and I would own them proudly.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I agree with you on that! Not too crazy abou the company at all...but I once the ad for that when it first came out and thought to myself "Hmm. I wonder how much that lists for?"

If it was reasonable and I had the $$ and inclination...I mightve considered it. Maybe....

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I had the fortune of putting a few thousand rounds through both. I've just never been able to purchase them.

I love those two weapons. The other Kel-Tec I'd like to try would be the PMR 30.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join