It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protests in London starting in suport of Ferguson

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
News just seems to be coming in from Russia today.

Occupy protest was stopped by police two days ago in London by putting fences around grass areas and stopping public access but tonight's protestors have removed the fences and are chanting "Who's streets, Our streets"

#LondonToFerguson: Protests spread across London

Protesters are marching in protest against a court verdict clearing officer Darren Wilson of murdering black teenager Mike Brown in Ferguson. Relatives of Mark Duggan, shot by police in 2011, sparking riots, attended the vigil

The police in the UK can be a little bias towards blacks but have nothing on the police in the USA who like to do a little target practice on young blacks
edit on 26-11-2014 by VirusGuard because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: VirusGuard

Found this link just now
Hope it is useful

rt.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
WTF???

This is a American Dam problem not ours!!!!

What protesting in london going to acomplish as Brown was a GD american and his shooting was in GD America!

edit on 26-11-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Oops ... I do apologise I posted the same link as your self
second line

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I think people are using this an excuse to vent their frustration and anger
Unfortunately without investigating all the information ... They are playing into the hands of the authority's in my opinion .. who will no doubt use this civil unrest to further the clamp down of more of our liberty's
edit on 26-11-2014 by artistpoet because: Typo

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Did you know about anything about the occupy protests that the police stopped two days about but fencing off all the grass areas ?

I am guessing you didn't because it was so small that the police were allowed to hide it and the BBC/CNN could pretend that they knew nothing about it.

Well what I like is how tonight's protestors removed the fences used to stop the occupy protesters from exercising their rights the other night and I bet most of tonight's protestors were not even aware of the Occupy protest or why the fences were up.

Seems to me that if no one throws a few bricks or starts a few fires then the western press ignores any peaceful protest so the quite gag that the government puts on the press works to create trouble.

People have a right to protest outside the houses of common or the Whitehouse and if a show of numbers is needed to keep our rights open is needed like it is then I am all for it because soon Fracking will be the big Issue and I have a right to be heard on that one.
edit on 26-11-2014 by VirusGuard because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

who will no doubt use this civil unrest to further the clamp down of more of our liberty's

The people should not fear the state and if it needs to get worse by them removing more of our liberty's before people remind the state who's boss then so be it.

Bankers, Lawyers and Politicians will kill us all in the name of profit if we let them so the option of not standing up to them is not an option for me.

Working 40 hours a week to rent some land from the state just to build a cardboard hut on it is not living and the working man gets the austerity as the elite get rich and use the police as their own personal militia group whilst laughing at us.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
WTF???

This is American Dam problem not ours!!!!

What protesting in london going to acomplish as Brown was a GD american and his shooting was in GD America!

I love the rare instances when I get to agree with you!

This is one of those!

This pints on me!

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: VirusGuard

Did you know about anything about the occupy protests that the police stopped two days about but fencing off all the grass areas ?

I am guessing you didn't because it was so small that the police were allowed to hide it and the BBC/CNN could pretend that they knew nothing about it.

Well what I like is how tonight's protestors removed the fences used to stop the occupy protesters from exercising their rights the other night and I bet most of tonight's protestors were not even aware of the Occupy protest or why the fences were up.

Seems to me that if no one throws a few bricks or starts a few fires then the western press ignores any peaceful protest so the quite gag that the government puts on the press works to create trouble.

People have a right to protest outside the houses of common or the Whitehouse and if a show of numbers is needed to keep our rights open is needed like it is then I am all for it because soon Fracking will be the big Issue and I have a right to be heard on that one.

Protest or riot fine whatever.

But at least do it over a British problem not over some dead dumb American kid that has nothing to do with Britain!

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
WTF???

This is a American Dam problem not ours!!!!

I'm a GD American and I find this post funny. I don't know why.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Don't you know christmas is around the corner.

Some people want any excuse to go shopping...

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Fisherr

Some people want any excuse to go shopping...

Guess its a tax rebate from all the corporations that pay bribes to politicians instead of taxes like the rest of us.

crazyewok

Yes I hear what you are saying so lets send the bill to the USA for any extra policing this end to offset the fines the USA gave RBS

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I agree whole heartedly with you ... In my opinion we need to go to the cause of the real problems affecting society ... we need to educate each other with the truth ... Political leaders are mere puppets yet a show of strength and solidarity and non compliance will be noticed by those who wield the real power ... those one's hide in the shadows and get others to do their dirty work ,,, they are cowards and cowards / bully's are more afraid than any.

However the looting and violence happening in Ferguson by protesters is only harming the cause ... I do get it that people have had enough ... I feel the same way ... perhaps we should take a leaf out of Gandhi's book ... Non violence does not mean we should take any crap however ... and I do believe in the right to defend oneself by whatever means possible when faced with the agenda of the psychopathic elitist's who ere but few.

However we need an alternative and this will not be gained at the ballot box for sure ... for that is a rigged game ... We need to maintain our Humanity in the face of what can only be described as evil wherever that may appear ... We have to learn to respect one another and abide by the golden rule ... it is the only way we will all go forward ... in my opinion

edit on 26-11-2014 by artistpoet because: typos

edit on 26-11-2014 by artistpoet because: more typos

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Im angry at the UK bedroom tax!

Lets go protest in washingon DC!

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Apparently there was a protest march in Edmonton (Canada) as well
Peaceful, just showing solidarity.

Cops are out of control. That's a big issue.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

But at least do it over a British problem not over some dead dumb American kid that has nothing to do with Britain!

"united we stand divided we fall"........i am a little disgusted in your statement......at least we know where you stand on the whole issue

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

The circumstances are the same as Michael Duggans shooting in Tottenham. Police kill unarmed civilian and then riot. Police not prosecuted same as Ferguson.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

In this day and age, there should be a plethora of links on social media - tweets, Facebook etc. Care to furnish us with any?

People have a right to protest outside the houses of common or the Whitehouse

No, they don't have "the right". They can protest, sure, but not outside Parliament - Tony Blair saw to that years ago.

a reply to: ispyed

Except Mark Duggan was armed, had a history of gang-related crime and was just followed picking up a weapon from another known "gangsta", hence the stop.
edit on 26/11/14 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ispyed
The circumstances are the same as Michael Duggans shooting in Tottenham. Police kill unarmed civilian

Who is Michael Duggans? There was a Mark Duggan who was shot, but he had a gun so was not unarmed....

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

"united we stand divided we fall"........i am a little disgusted in your statement......at least we know where you stand on the whole issue

Sorry but I dont see how this is a UK issue in anyway shape or form.

Id rather use my time to protest on UK issues.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join