It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transmigration of the Soul

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
When I was a teenager and getting into Satanism and Ritual Magic, one of the common topics that a friend of mine at the time would discuss with me was the transmigration of the soul. This was before the time the internet had become very useful as a tool for finding information, but even in those days, I was able to find information on this topic by doing a simple search on webcrawler. He even had several books on the subject and I took it for granted that this was pretty common knowledge within mystical communities.

Yesterday, I was discussing with a fellow ATS member the idea of transmigration and I began Google searching to try to find her some sources so she could read up on the subject and what I found online was a very different version from what I had assumed would be common knowledge.

The transmigration as presented in sources available to me today is the form the Egyptians originally spoke of, what the Greeks might call Metempsychosis, but it is not the form that this Satanist discussed with me 18 years ago.

Basically he said that the very last thing a person should do after death is to go into the light, that we should instead head to the nearest maternity ward. He asserted that through this methodology, a person is able to assume control over the new infant during the time of their birth so as to maintain their independence without returning to the source of all things. He had some zany theories about certain people that we are in fact immortal souls that have survived since the dawn of time via this methodology, but that even though we don't return to source, we still lose most of our memories through the process of rebirth, that by struggling with the infant's soul, we merge into one, but we lose ourselves in that process to become a new hybrid soul.

I don't really believe any of this, mind you, but it is an interesting topic, and I was wondering if anyone knew of any source material on the subject so I can reread it. My recollections are all based upon the limited understanding of a 13 year old, and it would be nice to give it a second look. Also, it is frustrating that I'm not able to share source material on the subject when I want to share this information with others.

Also, feel free to discuss your thoughts on the subject. If such a thing were possible is this equivalent to murder? What kind of karmic stain would the practitioner of such a craft have to bear with them throughout the rest of their existence? Could they ever be rectified once having made this decision?

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
That would explain reincarnation; or why people has dreams of past life.
That would explain the Nirvana, the Hinduism's "moksha" (salvation), reached when the worshiper is freed from the cycle of reincarnation.

I have to study more on the subject.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Nechash

What you just said is woven into the Greek language with eight words sharing a common Hebrew root.

edit on 26-11-2014 by AlephBet because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

rebirth is the only thing that pretty much explains everything... and its actually covered in every religion, though its a bit harder to find when it comes to Christianity... unless you know where to look

I would recommend reading Pistis Sophia... its a very long book but it covers a lot...

The Book of the Dead might also help

edit on 26-11-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
A person once told me that our view of the soul is very limited and the soul is actually more multidimensional than we could ever imagine. Souls I was told, exists in a place without our concept of time and space. They collectively experience multiple and perhaps infinite realities together. They supposedly experience all our realities and time through us, probably multiple "us". What we experience here is just one of multiple realities that feeds them our experiences (They hunger for experience). They can experience past and present in multiple time line at once. Once we pass in this plane, part of our essence (if the experience is intense enough) gets pass into other realities (maybe similar to the concept of karma). Being a non religious person myself, I take it with a grain of salt.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Even if it is possible you are only delaying the time you have to face the debt of your actions if you do not go into the light.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
We will never find balance that way. It is a great way to rebel if one is into that and cares not for the flesh and the order of souls. There are forces that have a job of keeping the balance and i have seen worlds where beings are on the ground in a ball of light and people that look like your ffamily are surrounding you giving you comfort to follow the light and return to your body above then once the connection is made you are again in your body above and then you are slaughtered by ones that share dna with loved ones but they are pure negative.

There was one that found a way to go to that place and do battle by way of the space time fabric. I now have that knowledge to get there but i am also trying to learn why these things would be. it gets very complicated from there i find a real planet where people were put in this light unwillingly to create a universe. perhaps those are stars. the balance of positive and negative runs throughout the different layers of worlds and there are more than one way to go about this. there are two starting worlds and the +- makes all this work. it is easy to judge all this but nothing is ever destroyed.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Thanks everyone. Your allegories inspire me. One day you'll here me assert something plainly that will either annoy you or amaze you. I'm unsure which yet. If I find any source material, I'll post it here. Hopefully you aren't squeamish. It may end up being Temple of the Black Goat type stuff at this point. Not even the Hermeticists online seem to be talking about this. Odd...

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Egyptian Mysteries

Came across this in my search. It doesn't talk about the form of transmigration I was suggesting above, but it goes into detail why such a form might be a bad idea and it contrasts Egyptian, Greek and Hindi concepts of transmigration. Seems to be a very good overview on the traditional side of the subject.

Egyptian Immortality of the Soul

I haven't read much of this yet, but it is interesting. It covers the topics of mummies. The author asserts they could be used as a vehicle for the disembodied soul to return to this world. Sounds nuts to me. ;p

Totemism

This book covers a concept I've never even heard of before, the idea of transferring your soul to an external object, which makes no sense to me whatsoever. It reminds me of that Lord Voldemort from the Harry Potter series. lol.
edit on 11 26 2014 by Nechash because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Reincarnation is only necessary if you are co-dependent with the physical form - that is, your spirit "lasts" for a short while after death, and it needs to return to a body in order for consciousness to continue. If you are a spiritual being, then your consciousness is not dependent upon a physical body, and you can be conscious as a spirit in the spiritual world - not to say that you cannot "die" as a spirit, only that you can remain for a relatively long period of time and have a stable experience of reality in the spiritual plane.

I find that when one is aware of exactly what "returning to the source" implies - the cessation of individualistic consciousness - then they make it an objective to extend their time as far as possible regardless of whatever form they might take.

Now, to cross a big gap - yes, there are beings that have a permanent sentience, they start with simple "immortals" and progress to deities, demi-gods, gods and also others such as invincible and eternals. These beings truly "stand alone" and are not dependent upon a reality-construct in order to continue to be sentient. Many even have their own "realms" that they occupy, like a snail with a shell.

It is a long way to the top, however, the point is that you will do all that is possible to prolong your existence as an individual.

It is a road filled with much pain and turmoil, however, in the end, it is worth it.

edit on 27-11-2014 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: SystemResistor

According to many who died (such as such as Raymond Kinman and Jim Macartney), became one with the light and came back to life to tell their experience, their sense of self didn't die, they just didn't feel alone anymore. They felt unity, their consciousness changed from "me", to "we".

This is unlike some religions which makes it seem like you can't exist at all in order to become one with The Light. According to those who experienced it though, there is a "me" and that "me" is a spark of Light, joining with The Light just brings us to the consciousness that we are connected to others so it's important to be compassionate.

Also, many people who experienced the "otherside" say that desires/prayers shine like light and becomes manifested, so there is still individual expression (although, if it's true that "me" becomes "we" when we fully join with The Light", then what we create may be a bit different).

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

In the ultimate sense, when one loses their individual expression, they are "filed away" into a databank where their "blueprints" are maintained by "God" and where there is only one omnipresent sentience.

I think you are referring to "collectives" or "soul groups" and yes there is a sense of belonging however there are also negatives...

One must act in the interests of the collective and cannot really pursue divergent paths - some that were a part of a collective consciousness "rebel" and refuse to submit to the many rules and regulations that collectives have, and as such are "punished" or "taught a lesson".
edit on 27-11-2014 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

imo the book of the dead is a waste of time.
not much in there that really does anything.

to the OP:

I would recommend way of wryd

Wyrd is the unfolding of our personal destiny. It has sometimes been translated into modern English as ‘fate’. But it is much deeper than that. It does not see our lives as ‘pre-determined’. Rather, it is an all-encompassing view which connects us to all things, thoughts, emotions, events in the cosmos as if through the threads of an enormous, invisible but dynamic web. Today, scientists know intellectually that all things are interconnected. But the power of Wyrd is to realise this in our inner being, and to know how to use it to manifest our personal destiny.

ref above.

some of the terminology and themes are ordinary but this is a good start for you to expand your knowledge...from there...

have a look at this:
celtic tree of life

the celtic tradition is very old....
celtic trees

Archaeologists had believed that the iconic stone monument was erected around 2500 BC. One recent theory, however, has suggested that the first stones were not erected until 2400-2200 BC, whilst another suggests that bluestones may have been erected at the site as early as 3000 BC.

after that check out the runes... they are the stones/path of our life:
runes

the way of wyrd was never written down... it was a sacred form of oral communication.

hope this helps...

edit on CST07uThu, 27 Nov 2014 07:57:11 -06005711am330 by Thurisaz because: add link

edit on CST07uThu, 27 Nov 2014 07:58:06 -06005806am330 by Thurisaz because: formatting

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   

If such a thing were possible is this equivalent to murder? What kind of karmic stain would the practitioner of such a craft have to bear with them throughout the rest of their existence?

Why would it be "murder"? If all comes from source, there is unity, we are all aspect of the one experiencing the physical. We return to Unity/Source.
I suspect that the light is to be avoided as well. As some describe NDEs they see their relatives urging them on towards the Light. That to me raises a red flag. If the light is the correct path and you "just know it in your soul" why the need for relatives?

from www.trickedbythelight.com...

In his second book, Destiny of Souls, Dr. Newton reports on a subject who described souls being in "pods" and another subject claimed to be a sort of nurse in the spirit world who described souls in "honeycomb cells" being incubated in an "incubator" before being born.

Hmm. Reminds me of Neo when he wakes up in a sea of billions of cocoons all connected to the machine in the Matrix movie. Are the "controllers" of this earth feeding off us?
Some suggest that the Moon was placed here and is being used as a Soul harvester.

S&F

edit on 29-11-2014 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: S&F

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

delaying the time you have to face the debt of your actions if you do not go into the light.

What debt? Karma is another misapplied concept. There is only energy that moves. Karma is not much more different than the christian concept of vicarious atonement through the BLOOD sacrifice of jesus for the sin of Adam (Adam Kadmon -1st man)

If I want to be stuck in these lower "physical realms" I would cling to that concept. Ultimately there are no judges only yourself that judges yourself working out if you need to reincarnate.

top topics

join