It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geo-engineering climate fixes could harm billions

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

I saw an article by BBC yesterday claiming that geo-engineering effects could harm billions around the globe. I found it quite interesting but before I get to that a few words geo-engineering.

For those that aren't aware they have been "studying" the effects of geo-engineering for quite some time now-and is more widely used than people realize. In fact weather modification is used to create rain by seeding clouds in order to produce more rainfall in certain areas. This practice was used under the auspice of the Air Force Weather Agency and used cloud seeding in operation Popeye to extend the monsoon season over Ho Chi Minh Trail and induce flooding during the Vietnam War.

The issue of weather warfare become such that it was ultimately banned at the Environmental Modification convention in Geneva, May 18th 1977.

Interestingly enough future "research' may include nanobots being dispersed:

A research paper produced for the United States Air Force written in 1996 speculates about the future use of nanotechnology to produce "artificial weather", clouds of microscopic computer particle all communicating with each other to form an intelligent fog that could be used for various purposes. "Artificial weather technologies do not currently exist. But as they are developed, the importance of their potential applications rises rapidly." Weather modification technologies are described in an unclassified academic paper written by airforce officer-cadet students as "a force multiplier with tremendous power that could be exploited across the full spectrum of war-fighting environments."

csat.au.af.mil...

At the American Association for the Advancement of Science in San Diego in 2010 Dr. David Keith discusses the prospect of geo-engineering and the potential effects. He suggests that the cost would be almost nothing and that planes could be modified to spay the mixture (aluminum, barium and other particles)

This is a small portion of the documentary What in the World are they Spraying-worth watching.

Now to the article published yesterday which states Geo-engineering, aka: chemtrails could adversely effect billions of people.

Prof Piers Forster of Leeds University said: "We have found that between 1.2 and 4.1 billion people could be adversely affected by changes in rainfall patterns.

However this doesn't mean they should stop researching:

Despite the risk of catastrophic side-effects from geo-engineering, the study authors believe that research should continue just in case runaway warming leaves no other options.

Schemes to tackle climate change could prove disastrous for billions of people, but might be required for the good of the planet, scientists say

There are many uses for geo-engineering according to the studies:

These projects work by, for example, shading the Earth from the Sun or soaking up carbon dioxide.
Ideas include aircraft spraying out sulphur particles at high altitude to mimic the cooling effect of volcanoes or using artificial "trees" to absorb CO2.

Now three combined research projects, led by teams from the universities of Leeds, Bristol and Oxford, have explored the implications in more detail.
The central conclusion, according to Dr Matt Watson of Bristol University, is that the issues surrounding geo-engineering - how it might work, the effects it might have and the potential downsides - are "really really complicated".

Although

the models revealed profound changes to precipitation including disrupting the Indian Monsoon

www.bbc.com...

Much like what's happening now?

NEW DELHI: The failure of rains in August over large parts of India has again raised the spectre of 2014 being declared a drought year.

timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

Not just there either, think about all the wild weather we have been having all across the globe and ask yourself "could it be something else?"
All the "research" and "simulations" shows that it's bad-and that's just the environment, what about the toxicological effects of small bits of aluminum and barium and whatever else, in the soil or our bodies? There are many things about geo-engineering that are still unknown, yet it seems that it is exactly what is happening and has been happening for years.

It's important to note as well, that Ted Gunderson a former American Federal Bureau of Investigation Special Agent In Charge and head of the Los Angeles FBI (worked the Marilyn Monroe case) spoke out against chemtrails (among other things) shortly before his mysterious death in July of 2011

edit on 26-11-2014 by phoenix9884 because: Thoth commanded me

edit on 26-11-2014 by phoenix9884 because: added Gunderson link

edit on 26-11-2014 by phoenix9884 because: I have my reasons

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: phoenix9884

There are many things about geo-engineering that are still unknown, yet it seems that it is exactly what is happening and has been happening for years.

If the effects are unknown, why would they be doing it? If the effects are unknown, what makes you think what you think you are seeing are the effects? A chemtrail thread is a chemtrail thread. Here we go again....

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

There are many things about geo-engineering that are still unknown, yet it seems that it is exactly what is happening and has been happening for years.

Jet exhaust is not "Geo engineering", its pollution.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

If the effects are unknown, why would they be doing it? If the effects are unknown, what makes you think what you think you are seeing are the effects? A chemtrail thread is a chemtrail thread. Here we go again....

Well see the exact quote was "there are still many things about geoengineering that are unknown. I never claimed to "think" what I'm seeing the effects, I live through the effects nearly every day. Call it jet exhausted all you want, there's more research but no one wants to look.

And yeah a chemtrail thread in the chemtrail forum, supported by more evidence than those that deny the existence of such programs. Who'd of thunk it eh?

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

And yeah a chemtrail thread in the chemtrail forum, supported by more evidence than those that deny the existence of such programs. Who'd of thunk it eh?

Yet another reason to drop the "geo-engineering"from the name of the forum.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Yet another reason to drop the "geo-engineering"from the name of the forum.

You're right really, it should be called climate engineering

Climate engineering, also referred to as geoengineering, is the deliberate and large-scale intervention in the Earth’s climatic system with the aim of reducing global warming

en.m.wikipedia.org...

which sounds an awful lot like chemtrails. So can you conclusively prove to me that the 2 are not synonymous? I've proven (albeit, upon the preponderance of evidence which would be enough to win in a civil court) that they are. If you can provide more evidence that it's not than it is I will respectfully concede my argument.
edit on 26-11-2014 by phoenix9884 because: you can stand under my umbrella ella ella eh eh eh

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I wonder if you actually understand what you read.

Cloud seeding. Yep, been going on for a long time. Not secret. Not contrails or chemtrails. Happens with existing clouds, low level.

If any of that is incorrect, please fix it and provide sources.

Geo-engineering. Still in the planning stages. See words like "could, and might". Scroll through your links and see if any of them explain what systems are being used today.

And lastly, Ted Gunderson. Killed under mysterious circumstances. Right.

Naturally, suspicions were aroused (publicly expressed by associates of Ted’s on various online sites) when it was learned that Gunderson had been declared dead on July 31st, 2011, allegedly from complications related to cancer… and only just under 30 years from the time he revealed that the FBI was trying to have him silenced. Prematurely robbed of his dissenting voice at the age of 83.

See more about Ted and his paranoia that consumed him.

Yes, another chemtrail thread, with the same old tripe.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: phoenix9884
I've proven (albeit, upon the preponderance of evidence which would be enough to win in a civil court) that they are.

And yet, no lawsuit.

why is that?

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I've proven (albeit, upon the preponderance of evidence which would be enough to win in a civil court) that they are.

And yet, no lawsuit.

why is that?

Because people like you fail to see what is right in front of their face. As far as the other responses. Sounds a lot like things someone that is blindly following TPTB and all the garbage they spew. You know because they never do anything without our knowledge and approval. I mean its not like anyone ever spoke out against conspiracies...wait...I believe there was a man named John F. Kennedy. Yeah he said something like

For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy that relies primarily on covert means for expanding its sphere of influence--on infiltration instead of invasion, on subversion instead of elections, on intimidation instead of free choice, on guerrillas by night instead of armies by day. It is a system which has conscripted vast human and material resources into the building of a tightly knit, highly efficient machine that combines military, diplomatic, intelligence, economic, scientific and political operations.

Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried, not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed.

www.jfklibrary.org...

I'm pretty sure he died a couple years after that. Shot or something by one single guy I think. At least that's what is told. Well what do I know anyway right? I mean everything the higher ups say is true...or is it a lie? If Kennedy was lying then wouldn't they all be liars? But if he was telling the truth, what then maybe he was just paranoid like Ted and all the other people that have died after speaking up?
edit on 26-11-2014 by phoenix9884 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-11-2014 by phoenix9884 because: because because because

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Because people like you fail to see what is right in front of their face.

Don't blame us if you don't have enough evidence to win a court case. If you did, you would sue.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

It's a damn shame folks use JFK's speech and have NO FRIGGIN CLUE about what he actually said. It's not like he hid his words. It's just that folks are too damn lazy to read them all.

That speech, was called "The President and the Press" and was about JFK asking the press to use discretion when publishing things that might impact national security. Like the failed "Bay of Pigs" invasion. I encourage you to look that up on the very site you linked. Knowledge is power, ignorance is a by product of laziness.

I have looked into all the claims. I am concerned about my planet. I don't want any of the geo-engineering ideas used.

I am just not willing to ignore science, common sense, and factual information in favor of a "really cool sounding conspiracy".

In order for a person to believe in chemtrails, they must actively disregard known and accepted science. Fact.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Because people like you fail to see what is right in front of their face.

Don't blame us if you don't have enough evidence to win a court case. If you did, you would sue.

Well for all you know I'm working on a class action lawsuit with thousands of people and I'm giving you a preview of some of my evidence. We shouldn't assume we know things. I never claimed to know anything. Ive shown evidence and one a small part of one side, you have given me a qoute about Gunderson. The only thing I know is the evidence points at the same thing. I know what my eyes see and have seen in the past. I actually know a lot more than you assume. It warms my heart to see someone so passionate about the denial of this, gives me more reason to keep researching

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

then maybe he was just paranoid like Ted and all the other people that have died after speaking up?

And Ted Gunderson died of CANCER. At AGE 84. 30 years after he 'spoke up'. Hyperbole much?

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

It's a damn shame folks use JFK's speech and have NO FRIGGIN CLUE about what he actually said. It's not like he hid his words. It's just that folks are too damn lazy to read them all.

That speech, was called "The President and the Press" and was about JFK asking the press to use discretion when publishing things that might impact national security. Like the failed "Bay of Pigs" invasion. I encourage you to look that up on the very site you linked. Knowledge is power, ignorance is a by product of laziness.

I have looked into all the claims. I am concerned about my planet. I don't want any of the geo-engineering ideas used.

I am just not willing to ignore science, common sense, and factual information in favor of a "really cool sounding conspiracy".

In order for a person to believe in chemtrails, they must actively disregard known and accepted science. Fact.

Actually I've studied the quote for quite some time. Yes most assume he was speaking of communism and most would be correct. I never claimed otherwise did I? The very fact he spoke out about a conspiracy as he did along with much more, then was murdered shortly thereafter speaks volumes by itself without delving into the 'hidden' meanings. Also the fact that he the second president out of 43 presidents to be assassinated in over 150 years -Lincoln of course being the first and a victim of a historically proven conspiracy. Again I've seen much more than people should assume.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

then maybe he was just paranoid like Ted and all the other people that have died after speaking up?

And Ted Gunderson died of CANCER. At AGE 84. 30 years after he 'spoke up'. Hyperbole much?

Yeah and there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq and if you like your insurance you can keep it among the thousands of other things our trusted officials say. To trust the 'official' word or explaination is foolish. He speaks out he dies. Sure they can say whatever they want, its gitta be true. Coincidence? Maybe, but it seems there's an awful lot of coincidence when it comes to these things.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Poor Ted, cut down in the prime of his life. Jeez dude, cancer, at 84. Every damn thing isn't a conspiracy.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Poor Ted, cut down in the prime of his life. Jeez dude, cancer, at 84. Every damn thing isn't a conspiracy.

I never said that. But hey for all we know it was the prime of his life. Did you know him personally? Can you confirm that he was indeed as sickly as we are told? Were you at the autopsy or see the death certificate? Just wondering because it seems you know exactly the state of health he was in. I've seen 93 year holds healthy and fit so it's not like 83 is that old.

Prove to me it's not. Prove wrong to me what 6 years of research (between running my own business to help my wife pay for dental assistant schooling and raising 2 smart wonderful kids) has connected. Prove to me that everything that my wife and I have seen with our own eyes and physically experienced are not real or made up and again, I will concede my argument.

And I'm working on the whole shebang so you'll have your chance.

edit on 26-11-2014 by phoenix9884 because: the noid he commands me

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

I never said that. But hey for all we know it was the prime of his life. Did you know him personally? Can you confirm that he was indeed as sickly as we are told? Were you at the autopsy or see the death certificate? Just wondering because it seems you know exactly the state of health he was in. I've seen 93 year holds healthy and fit so it's not like 83 is that old.

Prove to me it's not. Prove wrong to me what 6 years of research (between running my own business to help my wife pay for dental assistant schooling and raising 2 smart wonderful kids) has connected. Prove to me that everything that my wife and I have seen with our own eyes and physically experienced are not real or made up and again, I will concede my argument.

And I'm working on the whole shebang so you'll have your chance.

The epitome of ignorance and paranoia right here folks

Carry on,

Please do supply the whole shebang to blow this wide open

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

you want me to prove to you that those lines in the sky behind planes are just contrails? It can be done. But it's tricky. First, you have to agree, which lines are "definitely chemtrails", then we just fly a plane up there and get a sample. I am willing to bet you the cost of the flight. Are you willing to take that bet?

Sadly, none of the chemtrail crowd are willing to. Why is that?

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

you want me to prove to you that those lines in the sky behind planes are just contrails? It can be done. But it's tricky. First, you have to agree, which lines are "definitely chemtrails", then we just fly a plane up there and get a sample. I am willing to bet you the cost of the flight. Are you willing to take that bet?

Sadly, none of the chemtrail crowd are willing to. Why is that?

Yeah sure I'll take that bet in fact, hey I'll just open the window and scoop some up in my laden jar! Gosh why didn't I think of that?! Hey why bother we can have Superman fly up there and get it for us. Then I'll analyze it in my super secret lab and send the results to you
I've actually been talking to my uncle who works for Boeing and yeah...lets just say it'll be in with the rest

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join