It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The deepest hole / the tallest tower

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
SO I was reading about the deepest hole drilled on earth. Done by the Russians, the Kola borehole, perhaps 7.5 miles deep.

Deep Hole

7.5 miles is nothing, and who has been down there and what use is it?

I am proposing a kickstarter to drill and seal the deepest tunnel in the world. We get a tunnel boring machine, turn it on end and send it downwards, to 90 degrees.

The Channel Tunnel is 27 miles long, lets aim for 30 miles deep.

Near this tunnel, lets build the tallest tower, im not talking about a tower block, but some type of Crane type tower, supported by cables to pull it straight, how high can we build it? As high as Kickstarter pays for it, target, 2 miles?

Does any ATSer this there is a problem? I am thinking doing it in a country with very cheap labour, but not really skimping on material.

Would appreciate your guidance on the viability of this project.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
this is both stupid and unecessary.
You have my moral and financial support.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Build the tower near the tunnel? Why not build the tower inside the tunnel?

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TheCrowMan

you clearly have no idea what you are attempting to propose or how to acheive it - ergo you will get tons of kickstarter support

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   

you clearly have no idea what you are attempting to propose or how to acheive it - ergo you will get tons of kickstarter support

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Gully

build the tower above the tunnel mouth - and creat the longest freefall rollercoaster ride evar

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   

"We get a tunnel boring machine, turn it on end and send it downwards, to 90 degrees."

Brilliant!

Give me your cash and I promise that I will source you all you need ...

Trust me.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   

7.5 miles is nothing, and who has been down there and what use is it?

You cant do a little further research to find out?

Does any ATSer this there is a problem? I am thinking doing it in a country with very cheap labour, but not really skimping on material.

Would appreciate your guidance on the viability of this project.

So you want dig a hole and built a tower?

Why?

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Listen man, are you in or not?

He's already stated how he will achieve the said feet- do you not understand kickstarter or something?

@OP hope you've planned for drill bit costs.
That's the R&D , Materials research/innovation and manufacture of a custom drill bit that will function at a depth of 27 miles.

No one (except other pointless hole diggers) will want your revolutionary drill bit afterwards either, so that is likely to be an expensive venture with little return but in the spirit of Kickstarter: please don't allow that to stop you.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Your biggest issue will be moving the dug materiel out of the hole. 30 miles worth of a conveyor system capable of moving that much in straight vertical is going to be expensive. Could use a screw system possibly but with that length, I doubt it.

A google search tells me the highest funded kick starter was 13 million. Your likely to need way more than that for your project. Just a wild guess. 50 to a hundred million might cover it. Good luck

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

Drilling in an environment that is 300+ degrees might be a bit of a challenge as well.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Jukiodone

Listen man, are you in or not?

I am.

He's already stated how he will achieve the said feet- do you not understand kickstarter or something?

Yes.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jukiodone

Drilling in an environment that is 300+ degrees might be a bit of a challenge as well.

Ah are you now having doubts?

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Build the hole, stick all the world's politicians in. Job done.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jukiodone

Yeah, I didn't even think of the heat, gonna need a big cooling system

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Shut up and take my money!

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
This reminds me of how Lewis Black says the government should stimulate the economy. he says they should just build something really F'n big. It doesn't matter what it is, just make sure it's F'n gigantic. You'll have to hire a huge workforce to build it and another to run it. Millions in tourist dollars. People everywhere will say to one another "Did you hear about that big F'n thing? They'll flock to it in hordes and they'll buy t-shirts and coffee mugs and magnets that say "I've been to the big F'n thing". They'll buy miniature replicas of the big F'n so they'll always remember how F'n big it was.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Lets grow different species of plants for every floor and study the effects of growing in a giant hole that is also filled with the tallest tower.

Also pretty sure someones aready done this kind of think.

i Think seattle was doing this a whole ago looking for treasure or something?

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I say we go one further and drill all the way thru the world. Instead of posting stuff to the other side of the world we could simple drop it...oh hold on, I foresee a slight problem here.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Yeah it has to get thru hades, And i hear hes worse than the NSA. He sees everything you do that cameras with internet miss.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join