It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado man charged with a felony for pointing a banana at cop

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
That is unless he has a prior record, which I doubt.

A history of exposing his banana in a threatening manner no doubt.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
That is unless he has a prior record, which I doubt.

A history of exposing his banana in a threatening manner no doubt.

ZING!

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I blame the legalized weed for two reasons:

1. The obvious.
2. The legal industrial complex has got to be losing a lot of revenue and has to make up for it somehow.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
What an idiot! Guy thinks this kinda thing is funny and a laughing matter, probably SHOULD have been shot by the cops. Seriously.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

The charges stem, not from an actual crime being committed, but from the fact that the cop (pissed in his trousers and) ducked into his patrol car and drove away (like a pantywaste). The charges are revenge for exposing the officer as a wimp who is obviously not fit for duty.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Well I dont know what they expect will happen if they keep this up. They are going to have more than bananas pointed at them unless they start to listen and solve these problems.

If brute force worked in the long run....it would have worked long ago.

Its too much to cover in a little post, but unless law enforcement makes some fundamental changes in who they are really loyal to and how they carry themselves....they wont even have public support when uniforms start to get replaced with body bags. This is getting pretty serious and none of these retards are thinking ahead.

I think we will revisit the 70s in terms of law enforcement's loss of life. I think thats an optimistic projection too....

Crime may be down but just wait until people see they have nothing to lose anyways.

Cops are going to die and it will be their own fault for getting to that point.

I hope they realize this and dont react like morons who will only make it worse on themselves.

There are MILLIONS of us and more on the way.....They better start cloning themselves or rush along robo cops because I know whats coming .....and its not good.

edit on 11 26 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Yet another cowardly fool that doesn't deserve to be a cop. His report said he noticed it was yellow as soon as he pulled it out! I've never seen a yellow gun before...at least not in a functioning, bullet-firing projectile weapon sense. Furthermore, the first thing the cop does is drive off to safety and calls for help. If that yellow monster had been a gun several civilian bystanders could have been killed because the officer pissed his pants.

I find it appropriate that a yellow object revealed how yellow this cop is.

Felony menacing? He didn't do anything or say anything when he pulled the banana. How is that action menacing? It's not. Just an excuse to punish the banana man because he scared Mr. yellow pants. Cowardly and vengeful cop. A great combination.....
edit on 26-11-2014 by My_Reality because: error!!

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
well he could have ended up dead like the guy that pointed a hose attachment at the cops.
www.insideedition.com...

35-year-old Douglas Zerby was shot dead by two cops who thought he had a gun. In fact it was just a garden hose nozzle.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Thank god it wasn't a scary black assualt banana!

The horrors...

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
What about pointed sticks, what about that? a reply to: ignorant_ape

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Clearly, the moral to this story is always be sure to look around for police officers before pulling anything out of a pocket, and never do that if an officer is around.

You might get shot/charged with felony menacing because they are in such fear all of the time.
edit on 14Wed, 26 Nov 2014 14:37:19 -0600America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago11 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Thank goodness, another banana off the streets by none other than officer Bunch. Maybe he was one shy of a bunch.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
You can have my banana

when you pry it from my cold dead hands.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tazkven

I would say he is very lucky to even be alive at this point ...
Exactly what I thought. Many cops would have emptied their magazine at him.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesmokingman
What an idiot! Guy thinks this kinda thing is funny and a laughing matter, probably SHOULD have been shot by the cops. Seriously.
Wow, looks like another poster to add to the "no respect" list.

Did you seriously say he should have been murdered for having a banana?

Holy crap people.....no wonder this country is falling apart.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Laugh all you want, but this is the reality of what cops are now having to deal with and identify as to whether or not someone is pointing a lethal weapon at them from a distance... and they need to make that decision within seconds before they find out the hard way that it actually is a real gun with real bullets:

Back in the good ol' days guns were black or grey, with maybe a fancy wood handle... but they were easily identifiable.

Nowadays, they make em every purdy colour under the rainbow.

Hello Kitty AK47 anyone ?

Is this a toy or the real deal ?
You have 2.4 seconds to make that distinction...

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
Laugh all you want, but this is the reality of what cops are now having to deal with and identify as to whether or not someone is pointing a lethal weapon at them from a distance... and they need to make that decision within seconds before they find out the hard way that it actually is a real gun with real bullets:

Back in the good ol' days guns were black or grey, with maybe a fancy wood handle... but they were easily identifiable.

Cops shoot 3x more people than the amount of cops shot by people.

Dont give me this "everyday reality" crap. Cops would have you believe that there is someone around every corner waiting to shoot them, yet THEY do most of the killing.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: captaintyinknots

Well another person to add to the cant comprehend what they read list. I SAID that if he thinks that pointing something at a police officer as if were a gun is funny, then yes, he deserved to be shot. You understand now?

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: captaintyinknots

Let me tell you something, until you put YOUR life on the line day in and day out, you have no freakin clue what kind of evils truly exist in some neighborhoods. In this day and age, with real actual bad guys shooting cops as they try to do their jobs, for this clown to think that this is an acceptable thing to do....he pulled it out and pointed it at this cop just as if it were a holstered weapon!!! What IF this guy had an actual gun and shot this officer to death? What then? Until you put yourself in danger like these guys do, you really have no credible argument in this matter.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge

This is why I don't support the idea of an orange tip or even an all orange gun to distinguish something as a toy. All it takes is a criminal spraypainting a weapon and they're going to pull one over on a cop.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join