It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Netherlands Has Repatriated 122.5t Gold From US

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Searched but didn't anything on this. The article is a few days old. If already posted...mods please close.

The Dutch central bank, De Nederlandsche Bank (DNB), has repatriated in utmost secret 122.5 tonnes of gold from the Federal Reserve Bank of New York (FRBNY) to its vaults in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, according to a press release from DNB published today (November 21).

A trend in recent times. Looks like some nations are getting nervous about the US having their gold.

Apparently it was done really quietly...

De Telegraaf reports that for years there have been doubts at the DNB if the Dutch gold was still in New York. After a very secret and almost military operation DNB has shipped gold from Manhattan to Amsterdam, to bring about a more balanced allocation of its gold reserves and give the Dutch citizens more confidence by storing the gold on own soil to guide the country, if necessary, through a following major crisis. In the previous weeks many armored trucks were seen at the DNB in Amsterdam. Quote from De Telegraaf:

So the Dutch gold is now evenly split between the US and the Netherlands at 31%....
Up until now, the US was...errr..."safe keeping" around 51% of Dutch gold.

According to the World Gold Council’s latest data DNB has 612.5 tonnes in official gold reserves

Some speculate about consequences on the global economy....

the Dutch set a new trend to insist on immediate delivery.

getting nervous much ?

There is apparently a referendum in Switzerland to store all the Swiss gold on home soil. It is supposed to take place on November 30th. Source speculates it will be affected by the Dutch repatriation.

Source

Original De Teleggraaf source

Hit it...

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Hey Paul, it's me Peter. Can I have my money back?

edit on 26-11-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

So the Dutch gold is now evenly split between the US and the Netherlands at 31%....
Up until now, the US was...errr..."safe keeping" around 51% of Dutch gold.

gives proper meaning to the term, going Dutch!!

Thank you thank you, I'll be here all night, try the Latkes.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   
It's worth a mention that Canada and London are holding the rest of the Dutch gold...but the amounts have not changed. The only change was...removing 122 t from the US and shipping it back home.

There have been speculations about the gold being replaced with tungsten bars...if I'm not mistaken. I wonder if there is anything to that rumor, and whether the Dutch will test for that...

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

Yes, just reading an article about that now. Very interesting indeed!

(about leaving gold in canada and london that is)

Real reason Netherlands repatriating gold - Zerohedge.com
edit on 26-11-2014 by auroraaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   

So the Swiss asked for their gold back and it was handed over, just like that.

Wasn't there something a while back about Germany asking for its gold back and America refused? And now Germany has decided it doesn't want it back, after all that. So what was all that all about? Something's not right if you ask me.
www.mining.com...

If I were the Swiss I'd be checking that the gold isn't actually gold-painted lead.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: doobydoll

THe US didn't refuse....the germans decided after all that...

the government has concluded that stashing half its bullion abroad is prudent after all.

But apparently...

Germany will repatriate 30 to 50 tonnes in 2014, or perhaps even more, from New York to Frankfurt. This was confirmed by the BuBa on July 11, 2014, after the publication of the Bloomberg article. The Buba will continue to repatriate 295 tonnes from the US and 342 tonnes from France in 2014 – 2020 to have 50 % of its reserves on German soil.

...it hasn't stopped...only quieted down a bit I guess.

Musn't make investors jittery...

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   

I think the Swiss are still holding a referendum regarding their gold reserves in USA.

Gold poll - Swiss

Many Swiss voters are still weighing up the arguments in the gold initiative, which aims to impose a minimum gold reserve on Switzerland’s central bank, but opinion is moving in the ‘no’ direction, according to the latest national poll.

The poll, carried out by the GfS Bern research and polling institute in the first half of November, puts the ‘yes’ vote at 38%, a fall of six percentage points since the institute’s previous poll, four weeks earlier.

Meanwhile opposition to the initiative has risen to 47% of respondents, up from 39%, indicating some late momentum in the ‘no’ camp.

Edit to add: Referendum is Nov 30
edit on 26-11-2014 by auroraaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Hi there.

It will not make any difference where the gold is as one central bank is indistinguishable to any other central bank.

The central bank system operates in many, if not most of the world's economies. They are all linked under the same system with the same people running them. It is one gigantic bank system that underwrites our economies. Central banks are not like the banks we have our current accounts with. Central banks are banks which hold the current accounts and credit cards of governments.

The Federal Reserve is the U.S central bank. The gold is being moved from one central bank to another. It will not make the U.S poorer and Holland richer. It is not anything to do with nations and collective wealth as such. The governments and the public neither own the gold or the money they use. It is all a private institution. It is a global financial, privately run network.

It is worth learning about the way economies work. Clears up any confusion.

Why they move gold I do not know. Is it a security issue? Are they thinking splitting it up is best now they are assured of certain political outcomes and the U.S is not the furthest out most secure location and other countries are as stable if not more stable politically? I would be thinking more along those lines as for the reason why. It has not transferred ownership. It has just moved location.

edit on 26-11-2014 by lonesomerimbaud because: addition.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: lonesomerimbaud

It will not make any difference where the gold is as one central bank is indistinguishable to any other central bank.

while in general I would agree with you...all banks are the same to me.

If they are doing it...there must be something to it. I'm sure that transporting such sums of gold over the pond...costs mucho dinero. Would they be doing it without anything to gain from it ? In today's world...I doubt it.

Also...the change is localized to US held bars only...whether that means anything...I guess will see pretty soon.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   
With Russia and China moving away from the USD and needing a medium of exchange the gold might be just that .Monetary systems have to be agreed upon and aside from joining BRICK's they will need something . I wonder if Russia or China has some of their gold stored in the US . Kind of a dumb question in a sense . :>)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Yes there must be a reason for it. We can guess, but only they know.

The old way was for governments to own the wealth. Well governments, dictators and Kings. We saw how that ended up. It is impossible for a democratic government to own the gold and money really. They change so frequently and the policy sways so drastically between austerity and borrowing depending on certain political ideologies. You remember the dictators who had loads of cash stashed in Swiss bank accounts. That was money belonging to the economies of nations and embezzled.

The way around all this was to have a whole network of central banks eventually with the world bank running the whole show.

Yes this was originally set up by the Rothschilds and Co. I am not sure how much say these guys have these days, but they were the creators of this system. In many ways World War 2 was a battle between the old ideas and this new central bank network. This new way won and that is the world we have today.

This system in my opinion is the lesser of two evils. It is less open to tyranny and abuse. I am a big critic of social policy. the fact they are making us too poor and that this will have a bad effect on everything. I have not given up on the central bank system until something better can replace it.

It is hard for me because I have an interest in Israel being a nation and I believe what the Rothschilds and Co have created is a lesser evil and makes us richer. That is my conclusion anyway and until a better solution is found there is nowhere else to go.

In the words of Winston Churchill with my own addition:

"Democracy (and central banks) are the worst form of government (and nation finance) apart from all the others that have been tried"

edit on 26-11-2014 by lonesomerimbaud because: corrections.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Black market trading ?
Sounds fishy to me , gold and war go hand in hand .

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   

I think there is no gold, it's gone.

I found this interesting ...
www.gramsgold.com...

In 2012, Germany had requested that 674 tonnes of its gold be repatriated and was told by the U.S. that it would take eight years to achieve.

The New York Fed and the French Central Bank managed to transfer a paltry 37 tons, with only 5 coming from the US.

This amount represents just 5% of the stated target, and was well below the 84 tons that the Bundesbank would need to receive each year to collect the 674 tons over the 8 year interval between 2013 and 2020.

The release of these numbers promptly angered Germans, and led to the rise of numerous allegations that the reason why the transfer was taking so long is that the gold simply was not in the possession of the offshore custodians, having been leased, or worse, sold without any formal or informal announcement.

When Germany heard it would take 8 years to get their very own gold back, they got extremely concerned and requested to look at their gold in the U.S. vault. Their request was refused. This occurred in 2013.

Only a tiny 5 tonnes of gold out of 674 owed were sent from the NY Fed between 2012 and now.

The first shipment of gold to Germany was not even their gold
as they had given the U.S. to safeguard after WWII.
Instead, they received strangely melted down bars,
that were obviously not theirs.

And curiouser .. .

It is noteworthy that in 2013, a mere 5 tonnes were actually delivered from NY to Frankfurt. And even for these miniscule volumes there is no evidence, either by an external auditor or by video documentation, that real gold bars (allegedly untouched in the Fed´s vaults since the 1960s) have been moved across the Atlantic.

Bundesbank has even melted down and allegedly re-cast these bars for no apparent reason! We have not received any audit report of this process, no report from the (unknown) performing smelter, and no bar lists from “old” or newly cast bars.

www.gramsgold.com...
America took care of Germany's gold alright, 'took care of it' in the sense that they made it disappear.

UPDATE NOVEMBER 2014 in an interview with Boehringer and Eric King:

Eric King: “But, Peter, the Germans asked to see their gold supposedly stored at the New York Fed and they were told, ‘No,’ by the Fed. The absurd excuse given to the Germans was that their entry into the vault would somehow represent a ‘security risk.’ This is of course preposterous but that was the lie that was used to conceal whatever truth the New York Fed did not want the Germans to discover -- namely that their gold was already sold into the market.”

Boehringer: “That’s absolutely right. I can only agree with you that it is preposterous. Even the 5 tonnes that have been repatriated back to Germany from the Fed had to be recast. Why in the world would our original serial-numbered gold bars deposited into the Fed for safekeeping have to be melted down and recast into new bars?

This caused great concern on our end because it only increased the speculation that the German gold had already been sold into the market and was not safely stored in the New York Fed’s vault. This is my opinion also. I don’t believe that the Fed has our gold and that’s why they would not allow for the gold to be seen by German officials.

www.gramsgold.com...
It's quite an interesting read.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Two things to consider . 1 Grandmaster Putin’s Golden Trap

The following piece by Dmitry Kalinichenko for Investcafe.ru suggests that Putin is using manipulated gold and energy prices to combat Western powers. Putin’s response to the West resembles both chess and judo, when the strength used by the enemy is used against him, but with minimal costs to the strength and resources of the defender. This comes on the heels of Russia’s central bank Governor Elvira Nabiullina telling the lower house of parliament about recent significant Russian gold purchases of roughly 150 metric tons. She is an economist, head of the Central Bank of Russia and was Vladimir Putin’s economic adviser between May 2012 to June 2013.

Accusations of the West towards Putin traditionally are based on the fact that he worked in the KGB. And therefore he is a cruel and immoral person. Putin is blamed for everything. But nobody ever accused Putin of lack of intelligence. www.goldstockbull.com...

2 Bill Holter-Gold will be the Last Man Standing Published on Nov 25, 2014

Bill Holter of Miles Franklin says one of the overarching issues in global finance comes down to trust. Holter explains, “The Russians, Chinese and Indians are all acquiring gold. We have a Swiss referendum coming on Sunday. They want to repatriate their gold.

edit on 26-11-2014 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   

"No problem our Dutch friends, we'll send that gold back via Kiev....."

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

yeah...I know the story...but how did they then produce 120 t for the Dutch ? ....which the Dutch apparently got...?

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

At 122.5 tons, and the current price of gold, that's about four point some odd billion dollars, which for a country like the Netherlands is not really a whole lot of cash.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

I think the gold will be worth plenty if the monopoly dollars central banks keep printing get devalued to the point of worthlessness due to mass corruption and deregulation of foreign markets.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

It`s still 226 Euros per capita, and knowing how thrifty we Dutch are, we can live on it for years.

But it`s not that much indeed, but that goes for all countries who have gold, hence the reason it`s used as a reserve.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join