It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Many Tapeworms Could Live In Your Stomach?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I'm not sure of the scientific accuracy of this survey, but I took it anyway.
It said I could support a couple.
www.stumbleupon.com...:U+uFyQkt/theoatmeal.com/quiz/tapeworm_host/go

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Dude. I don't even want to think of ONE SINGLE tapeworm being in my stomach.

People used to intentionally get tapeworms to lose weight. UGHRHGHR

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
How many of their larvae can live in your brain!?

discovermagazine.com...

edit on 25-11-2014 by weirdguy because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-11-2014 by weirdguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy
How many of their lava can live in your brain!?

discovermagazine.com...

Good Gawd! Nature can be a bitch.
Pink Floyd-"and the worms ate into his brain."

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I remember watching a video on Youtube a few years ago or so in which doctors were performing surgery on a child- I think a young girl, who was from a foreign country. They had opened her intestine and were pulling out handfuls of worms. I do not know what type of worms they were, but they were quite thick and long. I wouldn't say they were tapeworms, as I think tapeworms are a type of flatworm, and these were more rounded. But I'm not a worm expert. I mean the sheer number of them was extremely shocking. It was a very graphic video, so I will not link it, but just searching for "intestinal worm removal" on Youtube will afford you numerous options, all of which are, again, graphic- so be warned. I have an extremely strong stomach and constitution where things of that nature are concerned, so it is difficult for me to gauge how others will see it; but judging from what I have seen termed "graphic" on ATS in the past, I feel I should put the above disclaimer. And I wanted to state that one of the videos involves removing a plethora of worms from a three year old, meaning that if so many worms can live in such a small child's intestine, I can only imagine how many worms an adult's system could hold. Dun dun dun.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   

it is a gross topic but thanks for reminding me. I usually de-worm the family and pets every school holidays...but since the kids have grown up and no longer going to school... I forgot. Must go and buy some combantrim from the chemist...

even worse is the pic of the brain and worms.... omg. I am trying not to freak out over that one.

lol

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
This is such a hard topic to reAd. I can only hope that all the chemicals we are fed are keeping those out of me. I'd be ok with that excuse. Sorry, I had to go there. I will have nightmares tonight. Awesome find.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Dude. Now I have been reading about worms and apparently other countries regularly deworm themselves, it's just how its done, except in the US, where we don't, and now I'm terrified and want to deworm myself.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Best ways to de-worm?

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Attentionwandered
I take an over the counter pill called medendazole (available in South Africa as D-Worm or Vermox), which kills tapeworms, hookworms, pin-worms and roundworms.
It's a once off dose to be taken every six months.
My greatest fear is actually the earthworm-like roundworms, which can be coughed or vomited up, and have even been known to crawl out of people's noses!
Now that's one public embarrassment one doesn't need in life.

There are natural therapies, which also kill the eggs (mebendazole only reduces them), and herbal mixtures may contain things like wormwood or cloves.
However, natural therapies usually take about a month to complete.
A course of papaya seeds is apparently also great.

Nowadays some people even deliberately infect themselves with worms in what is called helminth therapy.
The idea is that we evolved with internal parasites, and their complete absence leads to allergies and asthma.
Soon there may be shakes available with eggs from the more benign worms.

edit on 26-11-2014 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join