It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firms Have $3,000 Incentive For Hiring Illegals Under Obama Amnesty

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

It's completely feasible that illegals will deport themselves at absolutely no cost to the U.S. taxpayers, simply by enforcing employment laws and penalizing dishonest employers who hire them. When the illegals realize ours laws are being enforced they will head home on their own, until then they will continue to game the American system.

Penalties for Employers Hiring Illegal Immigrants
source: www.legalmatch.com...

edit on 26-11-2014 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
As if businesses didn't already have an incentive to hire those that will work for below minimum wage, won't complain about unsafe working conditions and unpaid wages, and expect no other benefits. This existed long before Obama was even into politics.

The problem remains that businesses only get a slap on the wrist if they get caught. In addition most corporations utilize contractors that hire illegals to shield themselves from any penalties. Throw the CEOs, contractors and owners that hire illegals in jail with a mandatory minimum sentence without parole and we might see some real immigration reform.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasoul

It's completely feasible that illegals will deport themselves at absolutely no cost to the U.S. taxpayers, simply by enforcing employment laws and penalizing dishonest employers who hire them. When the illegals realize ours laws are being enforced they will head home on their own, until then they will continue to game the American system.

Penalties for Employers Hiring Illegal Immigrants
source: www.legalmatch.com...

That's where the political realities of these things come into play. The people employing illegals have powerful lobbies and are usually the key members of local economies. They have an incentive to not enforce the laws. Sure, if everything that's on paper were enforced we could solve the problem but that's not what's going to happen.

The unemployed and the people that are being put out by illegals don't have a lobby to represent them.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
That's why employees all over the United states should unionize, right now. You know what kind of worker is not effected by this? Unionized workers. If your employer has 50 or more employees, you need to round them up and try to unionize.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: addygrace

Whoa, remember Unions = Bad

This stuff here = uh, I guess less bad

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT
isn't it illegal to hire illegal liens in the first place. oi apologize for my lanquage but i say impeach his ass now and throw him and michelle out on their asses/

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: proteus33
a reply to: IAMTAT
isn't it illegal to hire illegal liens in the first place. oi apologize for my lanquage but i say impeach his ass now and throw him and michelle out on their asses/

Legality is a matter of getting caught. Politics trumps enforcement of the law, by employing illegals a company is getting a bunch of cheap labor such as in the farming communities. That holds a lot of saw with local immigration enforcement when their economy relies on the illegals. As long as the employer remains discrete about it no one really cares.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

yeah, because citizens aren't interested in carpentry, roofing, construction, masonry, landscaping, or factory/warehouse work.....because ALL illegals do is pick fruit, right? -rolls eyes-

and seriously....putting quotation marks around the word real, as if to belittle the argument that illegals aren't actually U.S. citizens....

honestly, what the frak is your deal, man?

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

O,o

ok, and how are you calculating the cost of a deportation?

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

wow..what a rubbish post.

so where's the citation for your figures?

as to your idiotic assertion that we're all stereotypical "kids" eating cheetos, and playing xbox in our parent's basement....well, you can stuff that where the sun don't shine.

i used to work long, hard days....i used to earn the S**T out of my money...until i lost my job...

i'd gladly work in landscaping, or construction, or something like that....i wouldn't mind long days, or hard work, because it beats the hell out of the nothing i have now...and i'm sure i'm not the only one who feels this way....

you REALLY need to think before you post..
edit on 11-27-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus

O,o

ok, and how are you calculating the cost of a deportation?

$12,500 per person comes from the deputy director of ICE. It was a number quoted by them to congress back in January of this year. It was based on their deportation of about 400,000 illegals which cost 5 billion.

A high-level immigration official says it costs $12,500 to arrest, detain and deport each person removed from the U.S.

Immigration and Customs Enforcement deputy director Kumar Kibble has announced that cost at a House subcommittee hearing. Wednesday's hearing focused on whether the Obama administration is doing enough to round up people working illegally in the U.S. ICE deported almost 393,000 people from the U.S. in 2010. At $12,500 per person the cost to remove them was almost $5 billion.

That number included the cost to find them, detain them, and deport them... the parts ICE is budgeted for. Also keep in mind that those 393,000 in question were just the first ones caught, which means that by definition they were the easiest to find and easiest to grab. As you capture more illegals the remaining ones become more difficult to get which also makes them more expensive to get.

Note that this apprehension cost is actually down from the peak, back in 2008 it cost $18,310 per person.
edit on 27-11-2014 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
i say the deportation cost are a load of male bovine godderi could take 30 back from eastern nc to mexican border for as little as 30000 and feed them well and still make a tidy profit what do the states do with all them prison buses when they aint transfering prisoners in bulk

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: proteus33
i say the deportation cost are a load of male bovine godderi could take 30 back from eastern nc to mexican border for as little as 30000 and feed them well and still make a tidy profit what do the states do with all them prison buses when they aint transfering prisoners in bulk

You have the costs to find them, you have the costs to put them on trial, you have the costs to give them a defense lawyer (but I don't think that's under ICE's budget), you have the costs to house them in prison while they await trial. There's a lot more to it than just rounding up people, throwing them on busses, and sending them out of the country.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

$12,500 per person comes from the deputy director of ICE. It was a number quoted by them to congress back in January of this year. It was based on their deportation of about 400,000 illegals which cost 5 billion.

Give them a warning and let them know they will no longer be allowed to hold jobs or receive freebies and they will self deport.

It has cost billions of dollars for free schooling alone, so even if it did cost money to deport them, we could do so.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

No...Illegal immigrants aren't taking American jobs.

Farming: 25%
Grounds Maintenance (Lawncare): 19%
Construction: 12%
Production (manufacturing) 10%
Transportation/material moving: 7%
Civilian Labor: 5.4%

Oh my God, are you serious? There isn't a single thing you listed above that I haven't seen an American citizen do! Not one!

Georgia tried cracking down on Immigration a few years back..ya know what happened? CONSERVATIVE FARMERS put their foot up the local legislature's butt to repeal the crackdown and they did. Farms were failing! No one..I mean NO ONE stepped up to take those jobs.

You mean no one that was willing to work for below minimum wage or sub standard wages.

Every-time I pass a lawn crew in my neighborhood, likely staffed with Illegals, I smile and wave...and think ..THANK GOD their are still people in this country willing to work long days, sweating in the sun and put in a hard days work!

Where I live we do our own lawn work and gardening or our kids do. If it's work done for rich folk or businesses, we have legal citizens doing that work. So go ahead and keep smiling at the illegals who are holding a job that a citizen needs to provide for his family. Whatever you do, don't lie and say Americans won't do those jobs!

What happens when ICE raids companies and deport illegals? Every single position is quickly and easily filled by a citizen!

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Give them a warning and let them know they will no longer be allowed to hold jobs or receive freebies and they will self deport.

It has cost billions of dollars for free schooling alone, so even if it did cost money to deport them, we could do so.

They're not allowed to hold the jobs now. We have the necessary laws in place, it's merely a matter of enforcement. The problem is that local economies WANT illegals, the reality of the situation is that we have sectors in the US that depend heavily on low cost labor. Those sectors lobby their local governments/law enforcement to not capture illegals. Actually enforcing these laws gets viewed as federal overreach, governments coming in and breaking up local businesses and such.

The way to fix this is to make the illegals legal. Once that happens their earnings start going through the IRS and the company becomes forced to pay a legal wage. It also means those former illegals now have to purchase health insurance rather than overload emergency rooms. There are a lot of benefits to be had for the rest of society by simply making them legal. It is not in the benefit of the working class to have a second class citizen that gets the same jobs at half the wage. The only problem becomes how to prevent the flood of illegals in the first place.

As far as freebies go, like almost all welfare programs in the US aside from disability our welfare programs focus on quality of life for a child not quality of life for the adult and if the people now have sufficient verifiable income rather than working under the table they're more likely to not be getting those freebies.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

well this is from an employee of a government that routinely pads the price of things across the board....i'm sure you've heard the old cliche of a 30,000 dollar hammer, a 20,000 dollar toilet seat....

there is so much waste, fraud, and abuse in our government...i honestly believe that ICE is B.S.'ing the numbers...

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

and that's part of the problem...if you know they're here illegally, there shouldn't BE a trial, or any pre-trial housing...if they're illegal, ship 'em out.

foreign invaders aren't entitled to a trial...a trial implies innocence..

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
Capitalism baby!

Why are Conservatives not loving this? More profits for companies hiring cheap labor!

This is not a FREE MARKET system. When the STATE gives INCENTIVES for foreign laborers to undercut native work forces, they are SUBSIDIZING them. That is not competition or fair business. To label this is Capitalism is shoddy at best.

And you should also be talking about the Chamber of Commerce which is profiting major off of them. It's not Conservative VOTERS other than maybe the few that own slaves, I mean Illegals, for their businesses.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   

and that's part of the problem...if you know they're here illegally, there shouldn't BE a trial, or any pre-trial housing...if they're illegal, ship 'em out.

foreign invaders aren't entitled to a trial...a trial implies innocence..

And if you're accused of being an illegal don't you want a trial to defend yourself or to make the state prove your case before you can be shipped out of the country? Shipping out illegals without trial opens the doors to the government being able to get rid of anyone with just an accusation. This would be a very bad thing.

well this is from an employee of a government that routinely pads the price of things across the board....i'm sure you've heard the old cliche of a 30,000 dollar hammer, a 20,000 dollar toilet seat....

there is so much waste, fraud, and abuse in our government...i honestly believe that ICE is B.S.'ing the numbers...

That's usually done with private contractors to bill the government. They pad the numbers and the government simply approves it, it's a side effect of the bidding process and the government is almost always accepting of things going over budget, or over the bid amount. This happens when one company bills another company too or one company billing an individual, think about the $20 Asprins in hospitals.

As far as budgeting goes ICE is relatively efficient because they're not contracting their function out. At best they're setting a bounty to local law enforcement to find people. If anything the numbers they're claiming are coming up low because in order to maximize their deportations per year they have to go after the low hanging fruit, once you're out of easy targets the next round becomes more difficult.
edit on 27-11-2014 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join