It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollywood's War On God

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
theres been a few films made recently that were given absolutely free creative license. the content of those films was determined solely by those in charge of making it. therefore whatever views and comments were elicited, were elicited as a response to what those producers and directors portrayed in those films. if you are unhappy with how the films were received, try looking at how they were made. these films are their own worst enemies in most cases. try being more educational and less forceful.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

See, the thing is that many Christians don't follow the teachings of Christ. It's been noted.

Gandhi:

“I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”

www.goodreads.com...

The one place some don't mind following though is up on that ole cross. And really, that Martyr Syndrome is getting old.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

See, the thing is that many Christians don't follow the teachings of Christ. It's been noted.

Gandhi:

“I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”

www.goodreads.com...

The one place some don't mind following though is up on that ole cross. And really, that Martyr Syndrome is getting old.

its easier to portray yourself as the victim that way. otherwise you are just a fanatic. suffering lends the illusion of authenticity i guess. who is going to go to such trouble for a lie would be the logic i suppose...
edit on 25-11-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: robbystarbuck
I'm sorry guys but i'm a producer & director in hollywood and there is no such agenda. I'm friends with producers who control a large large chunk of what you'd consider blockbusters. There's just no conspiracy there.

I thought this one was a bit too coincidental. The girl that turned into God just had to have the name "Lucy."

Or they just like messin with us..

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: TechUnique

So Hollywood releasing a slew of pro-Christianity action/disaster movies is evidence that Hollywood hates god? That's some interesting logic you got going on there. So is Passion of the Christ a snuff film then?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shepard64

Actually there is a movie coming out with christian bale as moses and it looks epic! Even makes God look badass lol

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Tucket

that was an oversimplified overdramatized interpretation of a reimagining of a scifi daydream.

but as long as that is clear, it was a pretty freakin cool movie. i just wish they had left room for a sequel...i love sequels. excellent excuses for keeping a good story alive.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Gandhi:

www.goodreads.com...

its easier to portray yourself as the victim that way. otherwise you are just a fanatic. suffering lends the illusion of authenticity i guess. who is going to go to such trouble for a lie would be the logic i suppose...

You guess and you, suppose.
That's wonderful.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
So an all powerful God is getting beaten by the liberal elite of Hollywood, whatever next.

yeah, the liberal elite is beating a 2000 year old mythical being, by not making enough "god" movies....riiight

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I would say that Ghandi was less Christ like than most Christians.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Now that's a damn shame. Why would they do that? Maybe because Crowe and Bale will make them money? Somehow I just don't see Willie, Phil or Si being able to do those roles.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Hushabye

" They're saying we're all god. As an atheist, I can handle that much! That's basically what I believe anyhow- we're all gods. "

John 10:34 would seem to agree with that sentiment.

SOURCE

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Gandhi:

www.goodreads.com...

You guess and you, suppose.
That's wonderful.

the victim role is by no means an undocumented device.

en.wikipedia.org...

so my guesses are INFORMED guesses. slight difference but enough to tip the scales.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: EzekielsWheel
a reply to: Hushabye

" They're saying we're all god. As an atheist, I can handle that much! That's basically what I believe anyhow- we're all gods. "

John 10:34 would seem to agree with that sentiment.

SOURCE

but notice the lower case. we are designated as inferior reflections of the one god, little pieces left like calling cards. we are kept as both a weak imitation and an arrow. we are the bread crumb trail and god is the gingerbread house. a ballerina posing in a room of mirrors where each of us is a tiny panel in the seamless surface. and the only point is for god to admire himself through us. according to that interpretation anyway.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Hey. What about Christians playing Satan? Like Pacino in that Keanu Reeves movie. I'm pretty sure Al's a Catholic.
Should leave parts like that to the Satanists, like Alice Cooper. Oh wait. He's a Christian too.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

that wasnt all pacino. that was peter stormare. you are talking about the constantine movie right?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

I knew I should have Googled it. No The Devil's Advocate.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

i knew i should have thought a little longer about it because i remembered that one too. never watched it though, just seen it a few times looking through keaneu movies.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

We are the foreskin, and 'It' (YHVH) is the flacid, useless phallus.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: EzekielsWheel

We are the foreskin, and 'It' (YHVH) is the flacid, useless phallus.

...ew. would not have gone there with it but i suppose that works.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join