It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You want the truth...well you can't handle it!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
In my opinion a very powerful message by Milwaukee Police Chief Edward Flynn. I have watched this video several times and it gives me chills each time.

For those of you who can't view it here is the text form of the main points

“Well I was on my phone, yes. That is true. I was following developments about a 5-year-old girl sitting on her dad’s lap who just got shot in the head by a drive-by shooting,” Flynn said angrily. “If some of the people gave a good goddamn about the victimization of people in this community by crime, I’d take some of their invective more seriously.”
“The greatest racial disparity in the city of Milwaukee is getting shot and killed — hello!” he added.

“Now, they know all about the last three people who have been killed by the Milwaukee Police Department in the course of the last several years. There’s not one of them that can name one of the last three homicide victims we’ve had in this city,” Flynn said. “But this community is at risk alright, and it’s not because men and women in blue risk their lives protecting it. It’s at risk because we have large numbers of high-capacity, quality firearms in the hands of remorseless criminals who don’t care who they shoot.”

He also states in the video

that each year in Milwaukee, 80 percent of homicide victims, 85 percent of aggravated assault victims, 80 percent of shooting victims who survive shootings are African-American.

I apologize if this has been posted already but I did a search and nothing came up under this Chief.

www.theblaze.com... -being-verbally-attacked-in-meeting/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=story&utm_campaign=ShareButtons

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: HawkeyeNation

RutRoh Raggy! Here come the race crowd. coming in 3-2-1...

ETA: I believe this was posted already.(?) Good Video anyway.
edit on 25-11-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
That is a good video clip.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: HawkeyeNation

He talks about some truths about what has been happening in his community long before the Michael Brown situation happened.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

So since people kill people its fine for the people that we pay to stop that from happening to kill people?

I don't get the "well they are doing it!" defense from police departments.
They are held to a much higher standard then the thugs and criminals, they don't get to act like them.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Interesting Video

all I have to say is

PantsupDontloot

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: HammyCat
Interesting Video

all I have to say is

PantsupDontloot

People who loot are NOT protesting

they are being thieves

People who burn and smash are NOT protesting

they are being criminals

People who beat up or shoot other people are NOT protesting

they are being deranged criminals

MLK Jr. would have been ashamed of what is happening in Ferguson

Any leader who supports this behavior is an accessory to a crime.

Is it right to destroy someone's small business because you are mad at the police - how many minority owned businesses have been destroyed and in the process lives ruined - is that right and just behavior?

Is it right to burn someones car that they worked hard to pay for because you are mad at the police - how many minorities had a car that was destroyed, and you know insurance doesn't pay enough to exactly replace a car - is that right and just behavior?

Is it right to shoot off guns in a crowd because you are mad the police shot someone - in the process risking killing someone just like the person the police shot - is that right and just behavior?

Who is teaching these people that this kind of behavior is going to get anywhere but destroying the lives of the very people they are "trying to help" with their protests.

edit on 12Tue, 25 Nov 2014 12:56:20 -0600pm112511pmk252 by grandmakdw because: addition

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

So since people kill people its fine for the people that we pay to stop that from happening to kill people?

They are held to a much higher standard then the thugs and criminals, they don't get to act like them.

You don't get it, so maybe you should do a little more research before spouting off.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Oh stop, that's not remotely what he said or implied. It's about proportionality - with 16,000 homicides in the US per year, and perhaps 400 police-involved killings, many/most of them incontrovertibly justified, it's obvious who the greatest danger to the average person's safety is - and it isn't the guys wearing badges.

By the way, the current count this year of line-of-duty deaths of police officers in the US is 105. Pretty sure the chances of a law enforcement officer being killed in the line of duty is much higher than the chances of a law enforcement officer killing any particular random person.

edit on 25-11-2014 by squittles because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I did NOT say anything like that!!? REALLY ?! WTF ?!?!?
I said good video. Meant as it is full of information. That's ALL!!! DO NOT PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH AGAIN!! Is that clear? I have nothing against You other than that. I have no problem discussing matters at hand. But I DO have problems with one such as YourSelf pulling something as Juvenile as what You did!! OK ??!
Wow. Just Wow......

Yes. I also agree with Your last paragraph in the reply to me. Totally agree!!!

Ok that all said, I hope next We meet, We will be having a rational discussion, of whatever the topic may be. Good Day. Syx.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: squittles

Oh stop, that's not remotely what he said or implied. It's about proportionality - with 16,000 homicides in the US per year, and perhaps 400 police-involved killings, many/most of them incontrovertibly justified, it's obvious who the greatest danger to the average person's safety is - and it isn't the guys wearing badges.

By the way, the current count this year of line-of-duty deaths of police officers in the US is 105. Pretty sure the chances of a law enforcement officer being killed in the line of duty is much higher than the chances of a law enforcement officer killing any particular random person.

Great post...I always have and always will stand behind our law enforcement. Don't get me wrong, if a cop does something wrong, they need to held accountable as much as the next person. I just get tired of these people who don't truly understand what it is like to be in a cops shoes. Everyday they go to work and it could be their last...you never know. I would never be a cop because I could not put that stress on my family.

Ferguson folks had a chance to make an impact this time around. They could have done it right for once and instead, as history repeats itself, they send the wrong message. Can I truly blame them for not knowing what's right and what's wrong?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

I agree with what you wrote 100%

that is why I say

Pants Up Don't Loot

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Your blinded by your hatred of the police to even understand what he is saying, you don't get it and probably never will.

Cops kill maybe 5 people a year and people (like you) get all bent over it and the sky is falling.

Crime in the neighborhood murders 50 people a year and nobody even cares what their name is.

He's right and it's all an agenda cop haters have.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

In some cases it justifiable imo. Of course you do not want that to happen but these people, most of them are highly uneducated, make the wrong choices in life on repeated occasions, don't have the same perspective as the educated ones. If you want people to change we need to help them, offer assistance in terms of learning, not handing out free things. How is a person on welfare supposed to get off of welfare?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: HammyCat
a reply to: grandmakdw

I agree with what you wrote 100%

that is why I say

Pants Up Don't Loot

Thanks , I enjoyed elaborating on your pithy statement.

MLK Jr. would be ashamed of what has happened for sure, and deeply disappointed in the lack of productive leadership.

join