It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CQ Magazine Annual List - 30 Least Influential People of 2014

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Each year, GQ magazine puts out a list of 'The LEAST Influential People in the World'. The list of people chosen this year is below. If you want to see the write up as to why those people are chosen, then check the link. The list comes from GQ magazine so it's kinda 'guy orientated' in my opinion. But it's still a good read and even though the write ups are a bit flip, they make good points.

GQ Magazine List

1 - Bono and U2
2 - Barack Obama
3 - Donald Sterling
4 - Carter Bays and Craig Thomas
5 - Zach Braff
6 - Roger Goodell
7 - Stephen A. Smith
8 - Dwyane Wade
9 - CNN
10 - Eric Cantor
11- Derek Jeter
12 - Jay Nixon (Gov of Missouri)
13 - Rick Perry
14 - Benny Johnson
15 - The Brazilian soccer team
16 - Johnny Depp
17 - Cliven Bundy
18 - Suey Park
19 - Tom Wheeler
20 - Chris Christie
21 - Shia LaBeouf
22 - John McCain
23 - Woody Allen
24 - The Secret Service
25 - Robin Thicke
26 - Sarah Palin
27 - Dinesh D'Souza
28 - Desmond Hague
29 - Mary Barra
30 - Cops

The whole point of having police officers is to maintain law and order, which means they become useless when they decide to arm themselves like a bunch of space soldiers in Halo, roam the streets, aim their rifles at everyone they see, and choke out asthmatic black men. This is bad police work! This is not how you police. We'd be better off arming our cops with lollipops.

Obama Back on GQ's 'Least Influential People' List

For the second year in a row, President Barack Obama has made it onto GQ magazine's list of the least influential people.

The irreverent, sometimes obscene, list maker, Australian-American Drew Magary, wrote that his 2014 roster — compiled in no particular order — was comprised of "people who took up vast clouds of oxygen, gave us back nothing of use, and probably helped accelerate the death of our planet."

Addressing the president directly, Magary ranted: "Why are you still on Martha's Vineyard?! Missouri is BURNING. Putin is conquering Europe. The CDC is playing nude Twister with Ebola patients." After an aside about his own sexual activities being monitored by the NSA, Magary continued, "Are you even president anymore?"

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I would of put Obama on top...

But, he seemed to have a lot of influence with the IRS.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: whyamIhere
I would of put Obama on top...
But, he seemed to have a lot of influence with the IRS.

The article says the list is in 'no particular order'. It's just the top 30 least influential people according to them.

In truth Obama DOES have some influence as you have noted. But the author of the list at GQ is making a point.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

new topics

join