It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola Nurse Amber Vinson has her Attorney Ask Bridal Shop for Refunds

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Dallas Nurse Amber Vinson, who famously got on an airplane and went on a wedding shopping trip while sick with Ebola, has secured an attorney and that attorney has tried to get money out of the bridal shop that Amber Vinson visited while sick.

Vinson, and her bridesmaids, went to the bridal shop while Vinson was ill with Ebola and caused the shop to lose a lot of money. In addition, the shop has a well known 'no refund' policy in place. However, these facts didn't stop Vinson from securing a lawyer and going after the shop to try to get $480 out of it.

Ebola Nurse Amber has her Attorney Ask Bridal Shop for Refunds

Attorney Stephen Malouf said Vinson, who has recovered, saw the publicity of her case harm the store and decided to get bridesmaids' dresses elsewhere to avoid further scrutiny for the business.

Owner Anna Younker said Vinson's change of heart and the refund request feel like a slap in the face after the shop lost tens of thousands of dollars because of its connection to her.

Malouf said that wasn't Vinson's intention. "I'm sorry that the shop is upset," he said. "This was an effort to help the shop and Amber. ... This was a purely innocent request and I'm sorry it wasn't received in the spirit in which it was sent."

The shop owner said that she felt like she was slapped in face because of this. Vinson's attorney tried to spin it and say that the refund request was 'an effort to help the shop" and Amber ... and that the request 'wasn't received in the spirit in which it was sent'. Seriously? How on earth could milking the dress shop out of $480 in any way help the dress shop?? They already suffered a loss of business (Tens of thousands of dollars) because Nurse Amber went there while sick. And their 'no refund' policy was made clear before any deposits were made.

Selfish.

Considering Vinson went and got an attorney to go after folks ... maybe the dress shop should go after Vinson for the tens of thousands it lost because of her.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Malouf said that wasn't Vinson's intention. "I'm sorry that the shop is upset," he said. "This was an effort to help the shop and Amber. ... This was a purely innocent request and I'm sorry it wasn't received in the spirit in which it was sent."

The shop owner said that she felt like she was slapped in face because of this. Vinson's attorney tried to spin it and say that the refund request was 'an effort to help the shop" and Amber ... and that the request 'wasn't received in the spirit in which it was sent'.
Seriously? How on earth could milking the dress shop out of $480 in any way help the dress shop?? They already suffered a loss of business (Tens of thousands of dollars) because Nurse Amber went there while sick. And their 'no refund' policy was made clear before any deposits were made.

I don't see how requesting a refund from the Bridal Shop would "help" it. In fact, it'd be rubbing salt into the wound. Innocent request??? I don't think so!
edit on 25-11-2014 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I suppose, next, she'll ask the airline to refund her. Lol

I hope the bridal shop sues her.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
You're Right NoAngel21, I don't know why she was even looking at dresses, sounds like she has Cajones The SIZE OF WATERMELONS IF YOU ASK ME. They should definitely sue her for deliberately causing them a Loss Of Business. Peace, Arjunanda. a reply to: NoAngel2u

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Sounds like the ebola messed with her brain. Counter sue, bridal shop owner....now.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

What A terrible person this woman is. I feel sorry for whoever the groom is. If I was him this would be a wake call of having a crappy marriage and spoiled kids.

She is self absorbed and just downright mean.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

What A terrible person this woman is. I feel sorry for whoever the groom is. If I was him this would be a wake call of having a crappy marriage and spoiled kids.

IN this case the shop suffered from the dim wits of the many people convinced that an pandemic was imminent.

Amber was not the liability, but ignorance was.

She is not a deplorable person, but one who faced her own mortality caused by her irresponsible employer. I'm sure many of you can relate /sarcasm

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I just love that she is paying a lawyer to get a mere $480 back. Some people are not too clever.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

She knew she was sick and even covered it up by taking Tylenol.
She is a disgrace to her profession and her license should be pulled.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Now I'm curious why she no longer needs the dresses?

Eta: Ah, I see, she's going to get them else where.
edit on 11/26/1414 by NoAngel2u because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: gorsestar
She is not a deplorable person,....

Her actions caused the shop to lose tens of thousands of dollars. So instead of being compassionate like you'd expect a nurse to be, she goes and gets a lawyer and tries to extort $480 from the shop for a 'refund' ... a shop that clearly stated 'no refunds'. She is major selfish ...

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   
maybe the shop should have their lawyer ask her for the revenue lost due to her visit and deduct the $480.
fairs is fair.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Who cares?

Iet the lawyers sort it out.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I don't understand this nurse's mindset. If she really wanted to help the store's owner then she should've have not only bought the dresses (hers and her bridesmaids') she could have also bought extras like accessories, shoes, etc... Or, why not set up a donation for the owner and give her the proceeds?

Suing for the refund is crazy. I mean, it's not like she's paying for her treatment of Ebola and is in deep debt from it; Texas Health is picking up the cost.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
what a waste of time and energy... all that effort over 480 dollars

sheesh... some people milk everything don't they?

shaking my head over this

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Who cares?.

If you don't want to discuss it then move on to another thread.

The actions of this person were in the news for a few weeks. Then it dropped out of sight. Now we get ... the rest of the story. People said she was selfish and putting others at risk when she flew around while sick while others defended the actions. She now continues that selfish behavior.

So the question is ... if a person knows they have Ebola symptoms and travels around putting others at risk, and causing business to lose money (dress shop lost tens of thousands, the airline lost millions) ... should those business' be able to sue the person who knew they had Ebola symptoms ??

In this case, the Ebola person is actually going after money from a business that they themselves caused harm to. I found that to be outrageous.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   

oh had an afterthought:

the Attorney would cost that amount per hour in costs.

wow... how crazy.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: crazyewok
Who cares?.

If you don't want to discuss it then move on to another thread.

The actions of this person were in the news for a few weeks. Then it dropped out of sight. Now we get ... the rest of the story. People said she was selfish and putting others at risk when she flew around while sick while others defended the actions. She now continues that selfish behavior.

So the question is ... if a person knows they have Ebola symptoms and travels around putting others at risk, and causing business to lose money (dress shop lost tens of thousands, the airline lost millions) ... should those business' be able to sue the person who knew they had Ebola symptoms ??

In this case, the Ebola person is actually going after money from a business that they themselves caused harm to. I found that to be outrageous.

Sorry I wasn't saying who cares about your thread. Its news so no reason it shouldn't be posted.

My meaning was why is it even news. To me its just well pointless.

Its a petty legal dispute and petty legal disputes have been whats defined the western civil courts the last 20/30 years.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Not sure I'm getting the term milking. This was her money she gave to the bridal shop as a deposit. Since no one who came in contact with Vinson during her trip got sick she is not responsible for the shops loss of business. The shop owner made the decision to close up herself. She was not told to. I understand that a wedding dress is a special order item but being in retail I know also that the shop owner could offer it at a discounted price and still recoup the cost of the dress. Ambers decision to use another shop was to take attention away from the dress shop to help the owner avoid any further loss of business by being known as the Ebola dress shop. In any event she's not milking the shop. She just wants her own money returned to her. reply to: FlyersFan

edit on 1212014 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: arjunanda
You're Right NoAngel21, I don't know why she was even looking at dresses, sounds like she has Cajones The SIZE OF WATERMELONS IF YOU ASK ME. They should definitely sue her for deliberately causing them a Loss Of Business. Peace, Arjunanda. a reply to: NoAngel2u

How is it deliberate when she asked and was told it was ok to go? She didn't know she had Ebola when she went. No one who came in contact with her got sick. As it turned out it was ok for her to go. All was well and good.

The dress shop owner made the decision to close up. She was not told to. I remember reading that at the time this happened. She voluntarily closed her shop. Her decision which is probably why she didn't start a suit against Vinson. She had no case.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join