It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Francis Sticks it to the European Parliament

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I have no religion but am continually impressed by the current pope , in his address to the European Parliament today he's impressed me again.

In his message he tells the European Parliament that it's old and out of touch with it's people , living lavish lifestyles in opulence which is no longer sustainable.

I would recommend watching the full speech but if you don't have time his criticisms starts about 17.00.

At 28.00 he warns them of losing sight of democracy and the risk of political nominalism.

So that's them told then.

edit on 25-11-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Greetings,

Interesting indeed. He, in my opinion goes full out here and tells it like it is.

You see, I am old enough to see a pattern developing when new " leaders " are elected into power, in that they are " elected " to serve a purpose, a purpose of which has an outcome for a reason. What that reason is regarding Pope Francis I don't know for sure however, he has shown over this past year [or so] that he is on a mission to open up a few cans of worms and slipping us some truths. Whether intentional or not, we will know soon enough.

I, like your self am not religious. But, I do like this guy.

Spiro

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Yea, he sounds legit.

But this really bothers me.. Maybe lead by example?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Fisherr

Maybe lead by example?

Seems he's made a start.

Australia’s most senior Catholic, Cardinal George Pell, is bound for Rome after being appointed the Vatican’s new “budget supremo” in a move aimed at modernising the church’s bureaucracy.
www.theguardian.com...

The Vatican spokesman, Father Federico Lombardi announced that yesterday Pope Francis had decided that, for his election, instead of giving the traditional bonus to Vatican Employees, he would make" a donation to some charities and charitable organizations, by drawing on the funds available for the Pope’s charity work, as a sign of the Church’s attention to the many people in difficulty”
vaticaninsider.lastampa.it...

He's new so there's plenty of time for him to let me down but for now he's making all the right noises and moves , it's easy to be skeptical given past history with leaders but we mustn't discount the chance that there's a good man out there looking to make a difference.
Many say they follow the example set by Jesus but few do , perhaps he does.

edit on 25-11-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Fisherr
This would be selling the throne that gives him power, an unsmart move to do so, while he still needs the advantages it gives him, otherwise he wouldn't be able to change one tiny bit. He already has some very powerful enemies, he stomps on the feet of some culturally stuck traditionalists almost every day.

Yeah go Papa Francesco!
I seriously like him too.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Ummm....agenda anyone! When it comes to oppulence, one thinks of nice homes, lovely vehicles and transportation, real food not GMO, services for those in need. ie they may thrive off of household staff, but there are many disabled who need this.

And the push is for agenda 21, people in little boxes, all of earth's wilderness and nature robbed by the rich and you won't be allowed in it, because you're just a drone, bee, in a hive box. A little mindless slave. Who accepted all their lies and let demons rule you, and live in this scarsity belief.

There is abundance in clean energy. Things can be made and put out for everyone like in the venus system, and shared daily. There is no need for money, and everything created should have beauty/form AND function. Everyone should be living in abundance and beauty and empowerment and would be already except for the group this man represents.

They've had beyond the jetson era since ww2. And this is a crime of unbelievable proportions that we live in such horrendous conditions, even the middle class, eating poisons with fake low level gas guzzling crapola fobbed off on them and the health care system, and usuary. These guys are not going to like their next steps for what they 've done with the resources of this school.

Sorry, he didn't appeal to me. Maybe China likes him and the Rothschild's, but I'll be arresting all the abusers of power here one day, they got huge fat F's on their report cards from the cosmos.

edit on 25-11-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fisherr
Yea, he sounds legit.

but he did replace the throne with a wooden chair. that was one of the first things he did as pope

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: pryingopen3rdeye

Yea, he sounds legit.

but he did replace the throne with a wooden chair. that was one of the first things he did as pope

Those poor innocent kids, one too weak to walk, you can see the shape of every bone in their bodies. Homeless, starving, naked, dirty, ill, destitute. Then look at the supposed God-fearing Pope in the other image.

And he has the neck to lecture MEP's on respecting and honouring God-given human lives.

After looking at those two images side-by-side, I would say that someone needs to pull His Popeness to one side and turn his hearing-aid up a few decibels, then read his speech right back to him.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
The way things are going with robotics, we won't need even need Agenda 21. What happens when bipedal cyborgs can simply be programmed and delivered to do whatever work needs to be done; guard duty, manual labor, farming.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: pryingopen3rdeye

Yea, he sounds legit.

Haha Nice..
As you can tell i didn't bother to look it up, as my image of the pope for decades has been one of wealth and power.

Salute to you sir...

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: doobydoll

That's not the current pope, and as pointed out, he did replace that throne.

He also doesn't resemble Darth Sidious thankfully.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
This article is dedicated to children who are now or have undergone Vatican-sponsored and global elite Ninth Circle Satanic Child Sacrifice Cult rape, torture and murder, plus to the memory of over 50,800 missing children, some of who’s remains rest in the mainly Catholic-owned 34 mass grave sites across Canada, Ireland and Spain. Their perpetrators continue to live elite lives free of responsibility for their ongoing crimes. Our prayers are with these innocents, and should be for ourselves if we allow this Child Holocaust by our church, corporate and government leaders to continue.______beforeitsnews/celebrities/2014/08/catholic-popes-at-child-sacrifices-mafia-issued-hit-missing-witnesses-murdered-2468592.htmla reply to: gortex

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: che33

This article is dedicated to children who are now or have undergone Vatican-sponsored and global elite Ninth Circle Satanic Child Sacrifice Cult rape,

That article is...
A ) From a site that is banned here at ATS.
B ) From a site that is well known for its fake stories , which is why it is banned here.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightAssassin

That's not the current pope, and as pointed out, he did replace that throne.

.. . a different face yes, but that's all.

Replacing the throne doesn't feed the hungry, it didn't help anyone out of poverty. If anything, it probably put the 'throne-polisher' out of a job.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   

a different face yes, but that's all.

I'm not so sure , progress may be slow but you can't handbrake turn a supertanker.
You can however lead by example...

All the verdicts share a standard litany of anecdotes.
He is the pontiff who lives in a hostel, carries his own bags, is driven round in an old Ford Focus, and makes unexpected phone calls to strangers that open: "Ciao, sono Papa Francesco." He is a priest who practises what he preaches: he embraces the disfigured; invites the homeless for breakfast; suspends bishops with opulent or self-regarding lifestyles; and follows a regimen of ostentatious frugality

To outsiders, that may sound like glacial progress, given the scale of the problems yet to be tackled. But within the Catholic church, it feels as if a revolution has begun. Pope Francis has done a lot in his first year. He still has much to do. But, at 77, he is an old man in a hurry.
www.theguardian.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=18701227]
Seems he's made a start.

Australia’s most senior Catholic, Cardinal George Pell,

That was done simply to remove Pell from Australia after he helped cover up a lot of cases of child sex abuse.
www.abc.net.au...

Cardinal George Pell (as head of the Sydney Catholic archdiocese) instigated the archdiocese's legal battle against the former altar boy John Ellis, according to evidence and documents presented to Australia's child-abuse Royal Commission in March 2014. Pell's legal victory in 2007 (known as the "Ellis defence") now forces church-victims to accept a discounted in-house "Towards Healing" settlement instead of suing for proper compensation, the Commission was told.

brokenrites.org.au...

In 2014, the Royal Commission into child sex abuse was told how lawyers representing Cardinal George Pell and the Catholic Archdiocese of Sydney helped run up bills of $1.5 million against a victim of sexual abuse.

www.dailytelegraph.com.au... 6850371840

Pell is a real nasty bit of work going from all the stories.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

video is blocked now

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Walsh

Shame , it was a good speech ... perhaps too good

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I'm on the fence with this new Pope. I like what he says but he's the Pope. It's hard to trust anyone in a position of power.

But, every time I red something he's said, it makes sense and he may be one of the good guys. May be, I don't know and like I said, I'm on the fence.

Still, after reading this, a line from a popular song from way back when came to mind. "When a leader speaks, then that leader dies" from Cult of Personality by Living Color.

Yeah, it's only two cents(reduced because of inflation) but that was my initial thought about this. I'm not predicting anything just speaking my thoughts on what he said.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Pope francis own words: performing a satanic mass is worse than committing child abuse, or that it's worse than covering up when another priest has committed child abuse. But, weird though it sounds, priests with that mindset do exist in the Catholic church, even in the 21st century,

raping 1000s of children is not bad enough? he is a joke he knows whats going on because he is part of it.. 2 faced piece of #... please stop the world poverty but they are the ones who could stop it

See the evidence of Genocide in Canada and other crimes against the innocent at www.hiddennolonger.com and at the websites of The International Tribunal into Crimes of Church and State at www.itccs.org.

An International, multi-lingual ITCCS site can be found at: kevinannettinternational.blogspot.fr...

Kevin Annett is a Nominee for the Nobel Peace Prize (2013).

top topics

<<   2 >>

join