It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confessions of a Public Defender

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Walsh

It goes both ways. There are tons of decent hardworking black people who are vilified for their skin color. I suggest you read the nonfiction book "Just Mercy". It might open your eyes to why many Black's are the way they are. Or if you want something more classic and semi fictional, there's always " to kill a mockingbird"

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

No, that's not a racist statement. I think you don't understand what racism is. And to be honest, you can break down types of crimes by race and make an intelligent statement like what he did.

Aw poop. A better "classification" for crime is that poor people commit more of it than affluent people. Derp guess why?

Of course simply saying poor people commit most crime is not going to draw very many members attention, is it?

It needed a kicker… ahhh, draw the race card.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

No, that's not a racist statement. I think you don't understand what racism is. And to be honest, you can break down types of crimes by race and make an intelligent statement like what he did.

Aw poop. A better "classification" for crime is that poor people commit more of it than affluent people. Derp guess why?

Of course simply saying poor people commit most crime is not going to draw very many members attention, is it?

It needed a kicker… ahhh, draw the race card.

Okay, but only since you say so.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996
Guess where this BS story is a hit?

Right wing sites. No name and absolutely nothing to back this story up..but hey it's gotta be true...it's about blacks..

Also had to make sure the lawyer was liberal, nice touch.

right ....

here is another made up story !

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TXRabbit
This entire "story" smells, no reeks of the "Essay by a teacher in a black high school" story then went around a year or so ago.

Masqueraded racism is all I get out of it.
Meh...to each their own I guess

Does look like a bait article.

The only thing these type of articles are good for, are to help identify for some, the true color of their soul.

edit on 25-11-2014 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

(post by signalfire removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I was reading this thinking 'this is like the comments on liveleak...' Then I clicked the source link.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

> Whatever…

Lets take a look at the real criminals. A lot of effort is spent by the media to hype up the guilt of a kid that gets shot to death for stealing cigs from a store in Ferguson.

The effort spent on accusing those responsible for stealing trillions from Americans, waging endless wars, endless tax and criminal corruption in the government, not so much.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

> Whatever…

Lets take a look at the real criminals. A lot of effort is spent by the media to hype up the guilt of a kid that gets shot to death for stealing cigs from a store in Ferguson.

The effort spent on accusing those responsible for stealing trillions from Americans, waging endless wars, endless tax and criminal corruption in the government, not so much.

Nobody ever said there wasn't smart criminals with tons of money to spend on 'defense' if even that is needed, and dopey criminals without a clue as to how to pull off a simple heist without attracting attention to yourself.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

I was reading this thinking 'this is like the comments on liveleak...' Then I clicked the source link.

lol i happen to find the story on LL , but it was actually posted by other sites , it didn't originate from LL

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71

How long will they be able to use that as an excuse?

As long as apologists continue to shift the blame from the individual to environmental stressors.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: signalfire

> Whatever…

Nobody ever said there wasn't smart criminals with tons of money to spend on 'defense' if even that is needed, and dopey criminals without a clue as to how to pull off a simple heist without attracting attention to yourself.

I guess smart crime is okay then. I did note not one stitch of racism in that whole exchange. Alllmost worth a star.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

As long as apologists continue to shift the blame from the individual to environmental stressors.

The hood is a collective, not a lot of individual bubbles like in affluent neighborhoods.

Go there and report back about the 'environmental stress' you don't feel.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I think it's more of a nurture rather than nature thing here. For reasons that I get, and maybe some reasons that I can't understand, some people tend to grow up with an antagonistic view of law enforcement and the legal system.

I think it has less to do with poverty as it does with hopelessness.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

The hood is a collective, not a lot of individual bubbles like in affluent neighborhoods.

Go there and report back about the 'environmental stress' you don't feel.

i live in the "hood" and let me tell you the stress i feel savvy ?

Firstly i am NOT racist at all ! , i have lived here for 5 years , in the 5 years i have lived here ...

caught an African american breaking into my truck , the liqueur store right up the road ..robbed shot the attendant ,2 African american men . got punched in the head at the same store because i refused to buy beer for an African american young man . and just a few days ago while driving to Home depot i watched a young African American KID teen knock out an old russian man who was walking and minding his own ! for no reason !!!!!!!

i have not had one problem with any white folk in this area , but then again there are not much !

this my personal experience here !

i am not saying it's like this everywhere ,

but something is obviously wrong !

its the lack of parenting and Moral compass IN THE HOOD ! MY DUDE !

edit on 25-11-2014 by Walsh because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-11-2014 by Walsh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
**Thread closed for staff review.**

**ALL MEMBERS** The recent surge in Hatred, Racism, and Sheer Stupidity STOPS NOW
The END of Hate Speech, subtle or otherwise, on ATS
edit on 26/11/14 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

THREAD CLOSED
edit on Wed Nov 26 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join