It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legislation Would Make ‘Rape By Fraud’ A Crime

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Really bad idea. I get the core idea and intent is good but you can see the problems.

A lot of he said she said and where do you draw the lines, some of this is very vague.

What if I said I was ten years younger then I am, even though I look ten years younger, or if I said I was never in the Military but was...or...If I said I was a manager of an entertainment company but I merely was the Janitor. Any of those worth 10 years?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

I totally get that and I agree with you totally. The only time I really think a person should face legal repercussions for lying in order to have sex with someone is on the topic of STDs. Other than that, I really think it's up to the person to determine for themselves. If you can't see past someone's lies that's kind of on you. There's sure to be warning flags. "Hey baby, I'm rich, let's go back to my dilapidated trailer in the bad part of town." (okay maybe not that obvious, but you get the idea.)

Especially lying to get into marriage, if you don't know your partner well enough by then to see through their lies, well, maybe you should get your IQ checked. At least then maybe you could claim he took advantage of your mental disability.

People lie, a lot. I've lied. Everyone's lied. Lying to get sex is a dirty way to do it, but sex itself is a "consent during the moment" kind of thing. You can't suddenly rescind your consent because you found out he lied. (Unless you got drugged, that's different)
edit on 25-11-2014 by ScientificRailgun because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
LOL a law to protect shallow people! Hahaha! I guess you do have to invest just a tad of time to get to know who you sleep with. This is perfect for hashtag #modelssay

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I don't think this is meant for the he said, she said, one
night stand or Bimbo BS. This is more likely meant for the
big time con artist, who soaks the lonely Grandma for boat
loads. Or the gold digger, that skips out on sugar daddy.
They may be doing this so there is a crime they can be
hunted down for. Instead of just letting em skidadle and
find their next target.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join