It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ferguson Grand Jury: No Indictment for Darren Wilson in Michael Brown Shooting

page: 97
<< 94  95  96    98  99  100 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Taggart

I know right? If only the grand jury was a part of the judicial process and put people under oath and reviewed evidence.

Wait, that's exactly what it is and exactly what it does. Oh, yea.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Taggart

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: blupblup

First off, I've never defended Wilson, I've simply stated there is not a case against him.

However, I absolutely place blame on Brown. Don't punch a police officer...then, especially don't call him a p*ssy and charge him head first....

So you agree with the guy who's alive and just so happens to be the only one to tell his side of the story.?

If you ever get shot at, then shot, would run at the guy AND call him a P*ssy?
Not saying it didn't happen, seems HIGHLY unlikely though.

I spent part of my day reading his (Wilson) GJ testimony. I felt he was credible/well coached and would love to see the video of his testimony. Seeing his body language would be helpful in establishing an actual identity, as he hadn't been seen since the incident.

Well, until that interview with George Stephanopoulos that is.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

A cover up to what? That ALL police are brutal and the world is unfair because the media spun a story with a blatant disregard for fact over fiction?

You must think that Zimmerman started the fight as well.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: nullafides

No worries.

Police aren't in the habit of chasing people around. It's not WoW. Again we're back to the longer the person is on the run and has freedom of movement, the more danger presented to the community.

Yes, he aimed for the head. Officers are not trained to "shoot to wound" because that's hollywood and impractical in real life. At that point, he's trying to stop somebody who's attacked him once, started to run away, and then said "no, lemme try again." He has to stop that individual.

You know, I hear you.

I know it isn't WoW. I just used that as an analogy. Given my propensity to live and let live unless you yourself are in dire danger, I just have a difficult time with the scenario as the official story plays out. The head shot, and the car not in park, just cannot sit right with me.

I realize I am projecting myself into the officer's shoes, but, I sincerely find it difficult to work with.

With regards to not allowing the perp escape, yes. I get the point. Honestly, I guess there is a reason why I have never and would never go into the police force. Just a different perspective, I think.

Good points you bring up

NF

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

I know right? If only the grand jury was a part of the judicial process and put people under oath and reviewed evidence.

Grand Jury with a Special prosecutor, where Wilson wasn't even cross examined.

I think that's what I call a whitewash.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: nenothtu

originally posted by: nullafides

If he felt so threatened, why not switch from break to gas, and leave.

Because that's what we pay cops for - to pull up on a situation, think "Crap! This could be dangerous - I better go get a donut instead" and run away.

You know, I genuinely expected opposition to my views and thoughts. I was prepared for a perpetual bombardment of the same sentiments over and over.

I am thoroughly aware of the reality of this scenario. I simply believe it could have, and should have, been handled differently.

The hammer pounding over and over into my head is leaving a dent! Dang nabbit, Momma won't be able to tell me I'm pretty anymore

NF

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Call it whatever makes you feel better bruh. I call it a grand jury that declined to return a true bill.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

That is what a Grand Jury is for,there is no cross examination.You need to study what a Grand Jury is for.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sunwolf

That is what a Grand Jury is for,there is no cross examination.You need to study what a Grand Jury is for.

No don't you see?

There was supposed to be preferential treatment in this facet of the deliberations as well. No validity is given to the decision by those think justice isn't served if the books aren't rewritten to acclaim them the victors.

See...it's about giving the supposed "victims" unquestionable support and trust while subjecting the "oppressors" to malicious/suspicious scrutiny.

It's an ass of a thing to do; so yea...what a world we live in.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Wilson failed to properly assess the situation when he gave chase being injured. If these two were real thugs then wilson would be dead. Two suspects in different directions from him and backup just minutes away. The correct procedure when facing an armed suspect or two is too wait for help and not force the situation further. The two criminals forced all this on wilson and beat him almost unconcious according to him then he gave chase for 125ft almost unconcious state of mind. The correct procedure to keep the peace is wait a minute or two for help. As he stated he did not know if they were armed so he took all the responsibility when he gave the chase because for the moment the situation was diffused long enough for help.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: TiedDestructor

a reply to: blupblup

First off, I've never defended Wilson, I've simply stated there is not a case against him.

However, I absolutely place blame on Brown. Don't punch a police officer...then, especially don't call him a p*ssy and charge him head first....

So you agree with the guy who's alive and just so happens to be the only one to tell his side of the story.?

If you ever get shot at, then shot, would run at the guy AND call him a P*ssy?

Not saying it didn't happen, seems HIGHLY unlikely though.

I thought when he called the officer a pus# he was at Wilson's SUV?

The story I have read ( from wilson) is when he ran off he turned round and called him a pussy and ran at Wilson, who in turn Fired at him again.

I could be wrong, but at some point he is supposed to have turned round and ran at a cop with a gun.

Again, either it didn't happen or he expected to die right there. I lean towards the former as you should know what to expect running at an armed cop.

Again, that's incorrect. Brown calls him a p*ssy while grabbing for Wilson's gun inside the car:

"He grabs my gun, says, “You are too much of a pussy to shoot me.” The gun goes down into my hip and at that point I thought I was getting shot. I can feel his fingers try to get inside the trigger guard with my finger and I distinctly remember envisioning a bullet going into my leg. I thought that was the next step".

www.nytimes.com...

And again your taking the accused's words as gospel, why is that? oh yeah the other is dead and cannot say anything.

What do you expect Wilson to say?

Why am I taking the accused word as gospel? Because based on his testimony a grand jury didn't indict. They couldn't even find probable cause to send to trial. I know people like you find it difficult to accept the results of the US system of law. You should move to Pakistan. Maybe you'd find their justice system more to your liking.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

White Americans hunted black slaves in Africa? Care to link to that history book?

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Officer Darren Wilson's story is unbelievable. Literally.

The story Wilson tells goes like this:

At about noon on August 9th, Wilson hears on the radio that there's a theft in progress at the Ferguson Market. The suspect is a black male in a black shirt.

Moments later, Wilson sees two young black men walking down the yellow stripe in the center of the street. He pulls over. "Hey guys, why don't you walk on the sidewalk?" They refuse. "We're almost at our destination," one of them replies. Wilson tries again. "But what's wrong with the sidewalk?" he asks.

And then things get weird.

Brown's response to "what's wrong with the sidewalk?", as recorded by Wilson, is "# what you have to say." Remember, Wilson is a uniformed police officer, in a police car, and Brown is an 18-year-old kid who just committed a robbery. And when asked to use the sidewalk, Wilson says Brown replied, "# what you have to say."

What happens next is the most unbelievable moment in the narrative. And so it's probably best that I just quote Wilson's account at length on it.

I was doing the, just scrambling, trying to get his arms out of my face and him from grabbing me and everything else. He turned to his...if he's at my vehicle, he turned to his left and handed the first subject. He said, "here, take these." He was holding a pack of — several packs of cigarillos which was just, what was stolen from the Market Store was several packs of cigarillos. He said, "here, hold these" and when he did that I grabbed his right arm trying just to control something at that point. Um, as I was holding it, and he came around, he came around with his arm extended, fist made, and went like that straight at my face with his...a full swing from his left hand.

Wilson next recounts his thought process as he reached for a weapon. He considered using his mace, but at such close range, the mace might get in his eyes, too. He doesn't carry a taser with a fireable cartridge, but even if he did, "it probably wouldn't have hit [Brown] anywhere". Wilson couldn't reach his baton or his flashlight. So he went for his gun.

Brown sees him go for the gun. And he replies: "You're too much of a #ing pussy to shoot me."

www.vox.com...
klik^ for more:
Come on now really?? the prosecution couldn't get an indictment after hearing such bull.?? all this talk of crime in poor black neighborhoods is a distraction it's simply noise meant to drown out the obvious injustice done by this cop and the institution,after all this is the same police body that arrested the wrong guy but beat him and locked him up for good measure turned around and charged him with destruction of property meaning he had the gall to get blood on their uniform while they were beating him ,he tried to sue them but this is what happened after he went to the system for justice
The Day Ferguson Cops Were Caught in a Bloody Lie

But however lax the department’s system and however contradictory the officers’ testimony, a federal magistrate ruled that the apparent perjury about the “property damage” charges was too minor to constitute a violation of due process and that Davis’ injuries were de minimis—too minor to warrant a finding of excessive force. Never mind that a CAT scan taken after the incident confirmed that he had suffered a concussion.

www.thedailybeast.com...
klik here to see the beaten up Henry Davis.and more of the story
In other words they walked without even getting a parking ticket,mean while Henry Davis lost his job one of the cop involved in the beating became a city council woman

Cop Being Sued Over Beating Is Now a Ferguson City Councilwoman
Henry Davis was charged with four counts of destruction of property—for bleeding on police officers.

Officer Tihen, for her part, is no longer with the Ferguson Police Department. In 2012, after four years on the force, she won election to the city council, becoming one of the six-person body's five white members. (The sixth is Latino.)

www.motherjones.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
How hard would it be for a corrupt town gov. to sway the votes of 12 people that will remain unknown to the public? All it would take is for when they are gathered is too hear the words "i know where you live" The reality of the situation would then sink in. We can not say that anything like that happened but it is very possible if corruption is near. many of us have seen simular things happen.

The one in charge of the whole event had personal reasons to be bias. We can not say he was but it is possible.

They were left with contridicting witness statments of the final 10 rnds. fired.

One of the contridicting witnesses is now a missing person ever since the feds came to town.

Police procedure was not followed.

Anyone of these statments was enough grounds for an indictment of at least the lesser charges.

If any of you do not see the need for a court room to hear this case then i will bet that you can not understand at all why so many are protesting now and probaly are building up much destain for anyone that sides with a further look at the situation.

At what point will we try to see the other side?

Personally i was totally for the fact that i felt justice was served until i took a really good look at the facts and found probale cause that we should get to the bottom of this in a place that is not in secret while hiding the identies of those involved.

Go ahead now and pick you out 5 or 6 words from this post and put some silly comment by it so that you can attempt to take away the just of what i am telling you right now.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

White Americans hunted black slaves in Africa? Care to link to that history book?

Link to where I said that

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
after seeing the despicable actions of his parents these last few months is there still any doubt as to the character of their son?

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Link to where I said that

Link is where is link?

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Taggert, Hey how you doing this holiday week evening, I hope well? Listen, You seem like a reasonable person, so consider this for a moment, just a moment.

Have you seen Officer Wilson? I am sure that you have. Does he look like some malicious law enforcement officer, which I agree do exist? He's a kid himself Taggert. Think about it, he has a Man, a very big and powerful Man, who just pummeled him and tried to take his firearm. Putting that aside, can you imagine the fear he might have felt even do his job in such a neighborhood?

I understand people are upset with certain law enforcements actions, but not all police officers are bad people, I know a few of them personally. In fact, I have a friend who works for Oakland PD out here in occupied California, and he is way more aggressive of a guy than this Wilson character. He's a good guy, but he's been traumatized by what he has seen every single day on the streets.

My point is that I believe officer Wilson truly feared for his life, and I don't believe he would have harmed Brown had he never assaulted Wilson, or tried to take his firearm. It's important to think about if it were you or me in that patrol car, and how you or I would have reacted my friend?

Brown assaulted Wilson, and yet Brown still could have ran away even after being shot in the hand. Wilson was doing his job, and I bet he was scared to death while trying to do it. I really think you should reconsider your position, or at least be a little more open minded to the facts?

You seem like a reasonable person by reading your posts, can you at least meet people half way about what occurred down there, and try to separate your frustrations with Law Enforcement, from this one incident? Again, I understand how you feel, but at the end of the day the truth must come before all emotional irrationality. ~$heopleNation

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

He's a kid himself Taggert.

Why can we designate wilson a 'kid' but brown has to be considered a 'man' in your retelling of this tale?
Seems like your definition of a man is the size of the person?

And no way you would use the word pummeled after you have seen the pictures of brown.

Just cause the GJ didn't indict wilson doesn't mean his word is fact.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

LOL! Nice spin doctor move, but a better question would be why have we only seen pictures of Brown from years ago when he was KID Sremmos? Same with Trevon!

No need to retell the truth to a story that has already been told.
~$heopleNation
edit on 26-11-2014 by SheopleNation because: TypO

new topics

top topics

<< 94  95  96    98  99  100 >>

join