It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ferguson Grand Jury: No Indictment for Darren Wilson in Michael Brown Shooting

page: 95
<< 92  93  94    96  97  98 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

All it takes is practice. Grip the weapon and use any relatively flat surface to rake the slide against. The sights catch, slide moves. You can use your gun belt, leg, vest, whatever is available. You can also reload a weapon with one hand. One just needs training and practice.

I'm not going to debate why he parked where he parked. There's any number of reasons for it, some intentional and some not. As for why he didn't get out of his vehicle, I'm not getting out of my vehicle against a subject that's much larger than I am until backup arrives, or something happens that requires me to get out.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

First off, I've never defended Wilson, I've simply stated there is not a case against him.

However, I absolutely place blame on Brown. Don't punch a police officer...then, especially don't call him a p*ssy and charge him head first....

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

No worries.

Police aren't in the habit of chasing people around. It's not WoW. Again we're back to the longer the person is on the run and has freedom of movement, the more danger presented to the community.

Yes, he aimed for the head. Officers are not trained to "shoot to wound" because that's hollywood and impractical in real life. At that point, he's trying to stop somebody who's attacked him once, started to run away, and then said "no, lemme try again." He has to stop that individual.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup

originally posted by: nenothtu

Butbutbut -

That would make you judge, jury, and executioner!

He had many, many, many choices.

He CHOSE to kill.

Poor choice and nobody needed to die that day.

Just like Michael Brown CHOSE to rob the store, grab the store clerk by the neck, curse the LEO, tried to take LEO's gun, punch LEO in the face, etc. Michael Brown had many, many, many choices. If Michael Brown hadn't stole cigars which set off the chain of events, he'd still be alive today. Poor choices led to his death. See the parallel? We can do this all day.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Wilson is lucky he wasn't dealing with a real thug. He would have had a knife in his neck, instead of a chapped lip and sunburn to the cheek if that were the case lol.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Not really...if anyone was left with no choice, certain death or serious harm to a family member or kill the person doing the harm, you would kill.

How does one determine he "has no choice" without evaluating a situation - you know, making a judgement? How does one determine if an action is needed without determining action is needed - you know, the function of a jury? How does one kill without killing. which is, after all an ending of life - i.e. execution?

How would you know if that person was "doing the harm" without evaluating?

Judge. Jury. Executioner.

This officer had many, many choices... plus holds a position of power and authority whereby he is duty and honour bound to do the decent and humane thing.

When faced with an attacker, one's choices are generally pretty limited - either return the assault, run away, or be beaten down and killed. I wouldn't call that "many, many choices" - however, I can see how some might.

The officer decided to introduce a gun to the fist fight...

Well! I guess maybe he didn't get his education from movies, then! One of my supervisors once told us "you aren't being paid to fight, you're being paid to win. If you just want to duke it out, go to bars in your off time." When one is charged with the safety of the public, he doesn't always have the luxury of playing like he's John Wayne.

the officer left his vehicle and chased the suspect after already shooting him, the suspect had his back to the officer... he could have easily wounded and subdued the suspect but he waited for him to turn around and "allegedly" become threatening again....why??

Because if he had been close enough to subdue him (you understand the concept of "chase", right? There is no "chase" when the suspect is in hand - the chase is over at that point) the suspect would obviously not have been able to turn around. He would have been face-down on the concrete with a knee in his back and cuffs being placed on his wrists.

He could have used spray after he left the vehicle, he could have carried his Tazer instead of whining that it was too uncomfortable.

I don't know about the Tazer - I was never issued one. Pepper spray I DO know about. I carried it, never used it. having been sprayed with it during training (I was also sprayed with CN - neither was pleasant, nor would either have stopped me), I determined that it wasn't quite sane to further piss someone off by spraying them with it, and giving them the added bonus of not being able to see clearly if a gun was drawn that they ought to be thinking about. That can add up to a whole lot of heartache in a hurry.

That's an easy assessment when Monday-morning quarterbacking. Not so much when one is up to one's ass in the gator pit being pounded upon.

He CHOSE to kill.

On that we agree - he DID, and as you observe, that is sometimes the only viable choice in a field of unviable choices.

It's STILL a choice, though - he could also have chosen to die himself instead. I know which choice I would make, and you evidently know which choice YOU would make, as well.

In my example, if you were left with no choice and it's you or them, kill or be killed...then you gotta do what you gotta do.

There is ALWAYS a choice - the choice to be killed is also a choice.

This officer had ample opportunity to do many other things.

He didn't

Indeed - he could have chosen to ignore the call altogether and go get a cup of coffee instead. We will never know if "no one would have died that day" had he done so. Perhaps brown would still have been killed being struck by a car while in the middle of the street, perhaps a car would have veered to miss him and killed someone else, perhaps brown himself might have gone even further off the reservation than he already had. We will never know - because a cop chose to do his job.

Life is full of choices - until it isn't any more.

edit on 2014/11/26 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides

If he felt so threatened, why not switch from break to gas, and leave.

Because that's what we pay cops for - to pull up on a situation, think "Crap! This could be dangerous - I better go get a donut instead" and run away.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: nenothtu

. Perhaps brown would still have been killed being struck by a car while in the middle of the street

That scenario is would also been blamed on the Officer. He should of got him out of the street.

It was a legit shooting.

Nobody wanted the Police around.

Then when looting and fires broke out.

Everybody started screaming "Where are the Police".

Lose, Lose...

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

You're confused, a "real" thug would have avoided the police at all costs...

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

That scenario is would also been blamed on the Officer. He should of got him out of the street.

It was a legit shooting.

Nobody wanted the Police around.

Then when looting and fires broke out.

Everybody started screaming "Where are the Police".

Lose, Lose...

Which is one of the reasons I never became a cop - I took that training and certification and went a whole 'nuther way with it. I don't like the "no way to win" scenarios.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Michael Brown's father: 'They crucified his character'

What a ridiculous statement. I was taught when I was a kid that I'm responsible for my own actions. My mom caught me stealing from a store once. She took me back to the store and turned me in. No way in hell would my parents have stood by me if I had done what Brown did. These people are flat out delusional.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: nenothtu

Butbutbut -

That would make you judge, jury, and executioner!

He CHOSE to kill.

Just like Michael Brown CHOSE to rob the store, grab the store clerk by the neck, curse the LEO, tried to take LEO's gun, punch LEO in the face, etc. Michael Brown had many, many, many choices. If Michael Brown hadn't stole cigars which set off the chain of events, he'd still be alive today. Poor choices led to his death. See the parallel? We can do this all day.

Don't be ridiculous!

Brown was black - that automatically makes him the de facto victim.

The Cop was white - that automatically makes him the de facto villian.

The fact that Brown was a big thug who'd just robbed a store with violence, then attacked a police officer - a person who is just trying to do his job and protect the innocent - and tried to take his gun, presumably so he could shoot said Cop - that has nothing to do with it.

He was black godammit, so he must be a victim of racism. End. Of.

I can't decide when I read the crap posted by some of the morons on this site if they are just so anti-authority that they'll jump on any old bandwagon to try to stick it to the man, or if they truly do believe that because 300 years ago some rich dudes (who just happened to be white) had some slaves (SOME of whom were black - but the majority of whom were WHITE) makes all white people today, 300 years later rampant racists, and makes all black people today 300 years later victims who are content to bask in the reflected glory of the original victims as an excuse to never get of their lazy arses and blame their failures on everyone else - especially white people.

The US has a black president godammit - unless people are saying that's just for show - giving the most powerful position on Earth to a black man - so the whiteys can PRETEND not to be racist when really underneath it all they are totally racist.

Try thinking. Deny ignorance.

edit on 26-11-2014 by Power_Semi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tazkven
a reply to: Power_Semi

Personally, I find his story ... weird. Here is a guy that just robbed a store, walking in the middle of the street and when politely asked to use the sidewalk by a cop tells him to "F' Off" and attacks him. I am not saying Brown is innocent but I also have no doubt that a cop would lie in any court to save his own butt. My point is that, in this day and age, we have the tech to eliminate the speculation and see and hear an event as it truly happened.

What you're saying is naive - take the case of the young lad who WAS cold bloodedly gunned down in London after the 7/7 attacks - jean charles de menezes - there was CCTV everywhere, in the railway station where he allegedly was wearing a big puffy winter jacket in summer, where he allegedly jumped over the barriers, where he allegedly ignored Police orders to stop and dashed onto a train, etc.

It was ALL caught on CCTV and it ALL contradicted the supposed sworn statements of all of those Police officers - and guess what - ALL of that CCTV footage mysteriously disappeared when the Police realised they were in deep trouble.

Having video footage is a great idea if it cannot be altered amended or tampered with, but if the Police truly are corrupt and going to cover their own tracks then they will do something as blatant as with Mr Menezes who was entirely innocent and was effectively murdered, and so it is useless, except you might be thinking in cases where the cop truly is telling the truth and it won't be mislaid - however, with politicians calling the shots, and with political mileage to be had from supporting and/or frowning on one thing or another, even that could be open to abuse.

Imagine - a cop shoots a thug who has just violently robbed a store, and is now trying to kill said cop, cop ends up shooting thug. A politician who is trying to get elected on the racism ticket sees an opportunity and the video footage goes missing - the automatic suspicion falls on the (now assumed to must be racist) cop.

etc.

The problem is the people with power can manipulate the appearance of events to suit any given agenda, and the sheeple, most of whom have never done a days thinking in their lives, just swallow the bait hook, line and sinker, and drag us all down with them.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

First off, I've never defended Wilson, I've simply stated there is not a case against him.

However, I absolutely place blame on Brown. Don't punch a police officer...then, especially don't call him a p*ssy and charge him head first....

You're automatically trusting what this officer said, and that is most definitely a problem.

What I find baffling is that anyone believes Wilson when you look at the EVIDENCE.

His sandals were half way between the vehicle and where he was eventually killed (by multiple bullets at close range). How the hell did this kid "charge" at Wilson in bare-feet on a summer day on tarmac? Have you ever tried to WALK on tarmac? Let alone in the summer, and let alone running?

Then you look at all the bullet casings around Brown. How did so many of them end up all around his body if Wilson was firing at him to stop him from running TOWARDS him?

There is no way in this played out the way Wilson claims, no way in hell. Even if you're going by probability and the physical evidence on the ground there IS A CASE here. The idea that the jury simply took the police officer at his word without question, when things he said were clearly not true, and while ignoring all other witnesses, this is a travesty of justice.

I hat the violence I've seen in the streets since this was announced, but I at least understand a lot of it. This man is a liar, a murderer, and I hope that one day something comes to light to have him convicted. The man is a thug, an immature trigger happy thug who just got away with murder.
edit on 26-11-2014 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Power_Semi
Brown was black - that automatically makes him the de facto victim.

The Cop was white - that automatically makes him the de facto villian.

And yet EVERYTHING we have just seen shows that what you have just said is not true.

If what you claimed to be true actually was, Wilson would be behind bars right now. He's not, so you are clearly full of it.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
Michael Brown's father: 'They crucified his character'

What a ridiculous statement. I was taught when I was a kid that I'm responsible for my own actions. My mom caught me stealing from a store once. She took me back to the store and turned me in. No way in hell would my parents have stood by me if I had done what Brown did. These people are flat out delusional.

He means that there was no reason to release that video of him in the store, because it was entirely irrelevant to the shooting other than the call that was made and Wilson's supposed suspicion (something he later embellished by describing in clear and miraculous detail Brown handing the supposed ill gotten gains to his friend).

You know about the law in the US right? This little thing called innocent until proven guilty? Or does that only apply when you're a white rancher armed to the teeth with a mob behind you threatening law enforcement and STILL NOT GETTING SHOT?

Nothing that led up to the shooting "justifies" gunning down an unarmed teenager, nothing at all. You seem to be like a lot of ignorant Americans who seem to think that perception of guilt is enough to start shooting people. This is not the case and it's what is fundamentally racist about policing in America.

It should be a LAST RESORT to fire a weapon, an absolute LAST RESORT. It should only be justified when there is direct and immediate danger to life. If someone is about to harm someone else (for instance with a weapon) then fire, but until that happens there should be ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSES.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I have to toss my two cent in on this matter because I am a white person torn. While I do not agree with the fake President or attorney general wanabee always sticking their two cents into local matters, I am so sick and tired of this corrupt ass justice system and the police who make it worse.

This cop is definitely in the wrong and the media like to portray him as innocent as a baby. While this Brown might have well started it and even tried to punch the officer, no matter what he did nothing gives the right to shoot to kill him. NOTHING! If you cant shoot someone in the legs and put them down from 10 yards away then you do not need to be a police officer.

Officer fife i mean Wilson should have been fired for chasing the suspect without backup and letting himself cool off after he had already discharged his weapon into a kid who was now running from him.

America is sick and tired of these thug cops that have to many power trips and are so out of shape they always go for the gun when that should always be the LAST RESORT!!!

Hopefully the fake president and AG wanabee Holder order all police to ware cameras from now on. These cameras should record real time so they can be ordered off the scene if the captain sees they need to stop or just cool down, Also the tape should record from the second an officer calls in a traffic stop, after the ticket is given to the so called guilty party their should be a web link to watch and download the recording of the stop for legal purposes since the police departments like to say the car tapes disappear or try not to give them up if they are being sued.

Its high time these thugs be held accountable!!! "Before we have to burn this place down"

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

If he had shot him in the legs, the POS gangsta wannabe would have filed a lawsuit and received millions. Cops are not supposed to shoot people intentionally in the legs. If a cop fears for his life and some lowlife is attempting to strong arm his weapon from him, he is justified in killing him. Period.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Nah. If I "perceive" that I got assaulted by somebody with 80 lbs and change on me, who then makes it clear he wants to do it again, I'm not gonna stand there and trade blows with him. Probably gonna go ahead and end that decisively.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

originally posted by: raymundoko

You're automatically trusting what this officer said, and that is most definitely a problem.

What I find baffling is that anyone believes Wilson when you look at the EVIDENCE.

His sandals were half way between the vehicle and where he was eventually killed (by multiple bullets at close range). How the hell did this kid "charge" at Wilson in bare-feet on a summer day on tarmac? Have you ever tried to WALK on tarmac? Let alone in the summer, and let alone running?

Adrenaline is a powerful thing my friend.

Then you look at all the bullet casings around Brown. How did so many of them end up all around his body if Wilson was firing at him to stop him from running TOWARDS him?

I am not a crime scene investigator so I can't speak on where/how bullet casings fall. With that being said - unless you are a CSI how can you use this as an argument to state that what Office Wilson testified to - was "no way in hell" how this played out?

There is no way in this played out the way Wilson claims, no way in hell. Even if you're going by probability and the physical evidence on the ground there IS A CASE here. The idea that the jury simply took the police officer at his word without question, when things he said were clearly not true, and while ignoring all other witnesses, this is a travesty of justice.

The GJ not only weighed Officer Wilson's testimony but 7 other witness testimonies that lined up with Officer Wilson's. Let's not quickly forget all the hype about Mike Brown surrendering with his hands up. 3 autopsies proved this not to be true.

I hat the violence I've seen in the streets since this was announced, but I at least understand a lot of it. This man is a liar, a murderer, and I hope that one day something comes to light to have him convicted. The man is a thug, an immature trigger happy thug who just got away with murder.

How can you understand the violence seen in the streets? Many many many business owners and their employees - who by the way were innocent of any wrong doing regarding this incident - are suffering from this violence. They face not being able to pay their bills and provide for their families. This is a travesty for EVERYONE involved.

What people are quick to overlook is that prevention to tragedies such as this starts in the home with the parents. Invest in your children by giving them your time and guidance because children mimic their parents. Mike Brown's stepfather is a prime example of this. He incited the riot that caused all this violence and prohibited the peaceful protesters from being effective.

top topics

<< 92  93  94    96  97  98 >>

join