It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ferguson Grand Jury: No Indictment for Darren Wilson in Michael Brown Shooting

page: 90
<< 87  88  89    91  92  93 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnonyMason
a reply to: thesaneone

At least some of us are trying instead of laying down and taking it lube free from the system. I'd rather live on my feet than die on my knees.

That's a bunch of rubbish. Why are they looting if they are so virtuous?

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Lone wolf protesting is dangerous. I'm afraid enough of the cops here to not hit the streets alone. So until theres more who are prepared to take a stand I'll remain a hashtag thumper. I have packets. Lots of packets.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   
What this is about is a community full of criminals who have no respect for anything or anyone, not even one another, where a cop felt the need to defend his life from a criminal who had just robbed a store and attacked him.

Basically, its about a community who does not believe in taking responsibility for their own actions. They have proved that in spades. If you want to know what someone or something is about, watch its actions.. which now we have.

The system itself is not broken. In case everyone hasn't noticed, its the people who are broken. Until we fix us, we can never fix our problems.
edit on 26-11-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Lone wolf protesting is dangerous. I'm afraid enough of the cops here to not hit the streets alone. So until theres more who are prepared to take a stand I'll remain a hashtag thumper. I have packets. Lots of packets.

As I processed that through my head it reads,
You won't go out alone because you won't be getting any new bling bling phat loots that way.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Once again, let me clarify, as i have before, looting and vandalism is not the way to protest. There are peaceful means to accomplish civil disobediance. Check my post history. I've stated this clearly many times.

Lots of media attention on the looters and the vandals, not so much media attention paid to the peaceful protestors protecting private businesses from vandals and thieves. The looters detract from the message of peacful protests, sit ins, and blockades.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Try harder troll. Bling bling fat loot, eh? Thats what you gathered from that? Pretty clear it means exactly what it says. Protesting alone is dangerous.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Once again, let me clarify, as i have before, looting and vandalism is not the way to protest. There are peaceful means to accomplish civil disobediance. Check my post history. I've stated this clearly many times.

Lots of media attention on the looters and the vandals, not so much media attention paid to the peaceful protestors protecting private businesses from vandals and thieves. The looters detract from the message of peacful protests, sit ins, and blockades.

Your ideals don't match the ground results. It is all about the inevitable looting, burning and street fighting. Reality doesn't match your utopian view of protesting today.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Lol.

I thought you would live on your feet and not die on your knees.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   

I am. Just not on the street, yet. A command line and an internet connection provides the way, the freedom of the world wide web an arena.

No point trying to clarify anything else, I don't think. you guys have your minds made up and that's cool. From one armchair warrior to another, your trolling is sub par.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: AutOmatIc

I night consider your point about the Revolutionary War if the protesters in Ferguson were protesting things like TSA groping, backscatter machines that irradiate our entire bodies and take pictures that perverts can see, excessive taxes on everybody, forcing us to purchase product from corporations, redistribution of income, military interventions in Libya against Congress, military interventions that go nowhere, NDAA, NSA spying, Patriot Act, and various other things which affect all Americans except Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid.

By the way, these protesters have not made the connection yet between excessive govt spending and the price they pay for a loaf of bread.

edit on 26-11-2014 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   
www.nber.org... interesting read on how the riots of the 60s to 70s had many long lasting negative impacts for African Americans often in many unforeseen areas that could be correlated to current events

"The riots had economically significant negative effects on blacks' income and employment. Further, those effects may have been larger in the long run - from 1960 to 1980 - than in the short run - from 1960 to 1970." "The riots significantly depressed the median value of black-owned property between 1960 and 1970, with little or no rebound in the 1970s."

not a long read but pretty interesting read as i did not really study long lasting effects of riots before this all happened

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: AnonyMason

Personal responsibility is a hard pill to swallow. But swallow it we must, or we will destroy our own selves, no need for any outside attack from a faceless enemy when we will do it for them.

You are only helping to do it for them.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   

a reply to: nenothtu

Got it all wrong. No victims here. When you lived in the hood did you feel like the cops had your best interests at heart?

Sometimes, sometimes not. Most of the time I didn't feel anything about them, one way or the other.

Were you getting pulled over for riding your bike, id checked and frisked just for walking down the street?

What bike? I rode the public transit. We had some cops ride it too, after a bit of gunplay broke out. I didn't feel like they were riding the bus to get me, though, since I didn't plan on initiating any gunplay. Had one - count 'em one, whip a U-turn and ride around a block eyeballing me, I dunno what he wanted with me - he never managed to catch me. He ran the block to head around for another pass, I vaporized, and watched him trawl the street looking for me from above. I expect I must've fit someone's description, since that wasn't a regular occurrence.

Obviously i havn't elucidated enough, because you are also failing to understand. People are taking to the streets to try and make a change.

Well, they've certainly "changed" some of the landscaping in Ferguson, haven't they? Big burnt out shells where there used to be businesses, boarded up windows from looting raids, etc. They didn't do that kind of "change" in KC where I was (other side of MO from Ferguson) - they tried to be a bit more productive about the change. People out and around town would kind of shy away from me when they found out the neighborhood I lived in - figured there must be something wrong with me if I could manage to survive there. And yet, we had no riots, Instead, we had community groups actually working to try and, you know, make it a better place to live. 3 "soup kitchens" within walking distance of my one-room "apartment" - none government funded, all run by various churches. A "Free Store" right across the street from me. One of the community councils even ran free internet there, for the whole neighborhood. In the months before I left, at least two new businesses came in for the people there. Things were looking up. Another group had noticed the improvements, and was looking at some "urban development" on a grander scale at the time I left.

Those people I left behind have a glimmer of hope, and they did that THEMSELVES. THEY improved the place and got the attention they needed for outsiders to consider coming in to help.

What's the better way, in your estimation, to "improve" a neighborhood? That way, or just "take to the streets" and burn that mother down to "try and make a change"?

I don't think they're "trying" very hard in Ferguson, and I think I've got a better understanding of the situation than you give me credit for.

No justice, no peace.

That phrase is used up, burned out, and now null and void. There IS no justice in mob action. They don't want "justice". They want it their way or razed to the ground. When a legal process doesn't conform to their desires, then to hell with the law and riot in the streets. That is NOT "justice", Not by any stretch of the imagination. I don't give a damn WHICH "leader" is trying to spin it into "justice" - it just ain't. it's mob rule by mob action.

They had a name for that way back when, when it was white folks doing it.

Cops aren't judge and jury. People, no matter where they are from have the same rights as eveery other citizen. The constitution doesn't apply to the people cops decide it applies to.

Yes, indeed. EVERY citizen has the right to get shot if he rushes a cop after committing a crime. Mob rule does not change that. At all.

It DOES tend to provide more opportunity for martyrdom though, now doesn't it?

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

What this is about is a community full of criminals who have no respect for anything or anyone

I don't think that's fair or accurate. You're seeing the worst of the citizens in that community. I feel safe saying the majority may not agree with the grand jury, but also don't want to see destruction or violence.

We get to see protestors and dirtbags, so it's easy to lump everyone in the area together. Think how many good honest folks are hunkered down and dismayed by the violence, just wanting it to stop so their kids can go back to school and they can go back to work. There are tons of people there. They aren't all looting or being violent. There is a silent majority that just wants things to calm down so they can get on with their lives.

Don't lump everyone in an area code together. Say some prayers for people that are stuck in this awful situation that want nothing more for it to end so they can continue their lives.

Look at all the people who came out to help clean up this morning. I saw tons of pictures of ordinary people trying to repair the damage that a crappy minority caused. I may not agree with them about the grand jury's decision, but they're good people that don't want to hurt their neighbors.

There are most likely way too many criminals, way too many crappy people in the area. Don't just automatically throw everyone that lives there under the bus though. It's a horrible place, but there are clearly still good people there. Not every white person is racist, not every cop is bad, and not every person living in a horrible place is complicit with their awful neighbors actions. Don't you think if they could move they would?

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
www.nber.org... interesting read on how the riots of the 60s to 70s had many long lasting negative impacts for African Americans often in many unforeseen areas that could be correlated to current events

"The riots had economically significant negative effects on blacks' income and employment. Further, those effects may have been larger in the long run - from 1960 to 1980 - than in the short run - from 1960 to 1970." "The riots significantly depressed the median value of black-owned property between 1960 and 1970, with little or no rebound in the 1970s."

not a long read but pretty interesting read as i did not really study long lasting effects of riots before this all happened

We are witnessing the self implosion of all the blue voting districts. They have been packed in like sardines living on govt handouts with lack of jobs and inadequate policing. Their dreams of Obama hope and change promises have been shattered and they are all collectively in denial. The CNN map is all the proof needed.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

The rash of assumtions about my personal reponsibility borders on the insulting. Why? Because i support protests that speak out against unjust law enforcement? Because i take a hard stance against corruption and want to have a legal system that is truly fair and ballanced? Blind to things like race or social status, and enforced by officials who won't play a game of cover your ass when public opnion of the truth would wreck the groups credibility.

I hold down multiple jobs, pay taxes, and vote. So you, and the string of other members who want to come at me like I'm out to loot shops for 'bling bling' and run a muck for the # of it can take a step back and rethink the way you address me.

There are serious problems with the system, from the highest levels of government, the feds, local cops, judges... corruption runs rampant through out. The only way thats going to change is by standing up to it. Think anything you want about doing it over the internet. You're sharing your views and opinions on social media, just the same as me. Until it's safer to do so, I'll keep using this venue and others like it as a way to raise awareness.

Troll on trollas. You right wing kooks never cease to amaze me.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Don't let folks get to you Anony.

You'll find that the average logic here on the topic of racism doesn't rise much above: "I don't believe racism exists, because the only folks who claim racism are racists themselves."

The self-contradiction in most of these posts is astounding beyond words.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   

So your one of those who call people trolls for having a different opinion?

Enjoy your life and stay safe in your life's journey.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

So your one of those who call people trolls for having a different opinion?

Enjoy your life and stay safe in your life's journey.

Wait, wasn't Anony just expressing their different opinion?

Which ... others have the right to do ... but not Anony?

Yep, no cognitive dissonance here ... /eyeroll.
edit on 2Wed, 26 Nov 2014 02:16:08 -060014p0220141166 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

lmao. you just don't get it do you. We're lifting each other up.

Shouting at cops and looting is all that people see, it is a plain regression, the exact opposite of uplifting people.

I wonder how many families in these areas are making up there minds about now to up and leave for good. These pockets of disparity didn't get any hope and change that's for sure.

If an illegal immigrant can cross a desert with only their shirts and the promise of govt handouts, there is no reason for anybody to be staying and living in these hellholes.

If I showed why some can be locked in poverty with a sense of hopelessness then then you would charge me with giving you a history lesson , yes some made it out some were never in the "Ghetto" in the first place, for it's not about leaving those but making them viable,benign neglect
The policy was designed to ease tensions after the American Civil Rights Movement of the late 1960s. Moynihan was particularly troubled by the speeches of Vice-President Spiro Agnew. However, the policy was widely seen as an abandonment of urban neighborhoods, particularly ones with a majority black population, as Moynihan's statements and writings appeared to encourage, for instance, fire departments engaging in triage to avoid a supposedly futile war against arson.[2]

A Rand Institute report suggested that many of the fires in the South Bronx and Harlem were arson, but subsequent analysis of the data did not back this up. Of the fires in buildings, only very few were arson, and that portion was not higher than the rate of proven arson found in wealthier neighborhoods. However, influenced by the report, Moynihan went on to make recommendations for urban policy based on the assumption that there was "widespread arson" in poverty stricken neighborhoods like the South Bronx and Harlem. To Moynihan, arson was one of many social pathologies caused by large cities that would benefit from benign

en.wikipedia.org...
Those burnt out buildings set on fire by land lords who never lived in those communities,do you know what Red lining is??..need I go into that aspect,need I mentioned that successful AA communities were periodically burnt to the ground by angry mobs of white folks who could not stand their presence??..
THE TULSA RACE RIOT OF 1921

The Story of Black Wall Street

Tulsa Riot Photo Gallery

The Tulsa Riot Final Report

www.blackwallstreet.freeservers.com...
Need I mention the targeting of Black Males for drug possession which bought them into contact with hardened criminals thus creating a vicious cycle .

Yes Black folks can make bad choices and that can be addressed but to ignore institutional racism??..name me one Black Gun manufacturer.

new topics

top topics

<< 87  88  89    91  92  93 >>

join