It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ferguson Grand Jury: No Indictment for Darren Wilson in Michael Brown Shooting

page: 85
<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
The lieutenant gov just said on the news that he wonders if the admin and DOJ "leaned on the governor" to keep the Guard out last night.

hmmmm

That's what I also heard. But why?

That's what I want to know. The governor of Missouri is Democrat. Why wouldn't he want to protect businesses and people in Ferguson and surrounding areas? It is also suggested in some articles that the governor did not realize how bad it might get....and the lt gov said he has been unable to get return calls from the governor....wow that just blew me away.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: FraggleRock

If the crowd is in the area where the vandalism took place, then yea it meets the definition of illegal assembly. The entire group doesn't have to be involved, and it doesn't matter if they are or aren't. What are they supposed to do, ask everybody to line up so they can ask them if they're there to protest peacefully or loot and vandalize?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

The ATS server knew it would get out of hand, let alone the governor....

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
ATL: Police in full riot gear forming a line on Spring St., downtown. Trying to push crowd.

Windows broken at Wells Fargo building.

Atlanta GA:

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: AutOmatIc

If one is going to go according to the law, one usually has to get a permit for a large protest or "assembly". So there's that....we may not like it, but the cops are in the right according to the law. I've been to some assemblies too and they generally had permits beforehand.

edit on 25-11-2014 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Major roads shut down in Dallas TX as well!!!!

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Enh. Their desire to loot stores and burn cars doesn't supercede other people's rights to drive down the street and hit the gas station. Pretty sure if people weren't acting like idiots, they wouldn't be getting told to go home.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6
This isn't just about Ferguson so bash all you like, this is a nationwide civil unrest like it or not!!

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I-35 in Dallas shut down by protestors.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   

a reply to: Greven

All opinion. Smirking? really? I must go back and watch again to see if I can see that. So you think the report was "flawed". Would you mind giving me a specific example of that? Please?

You asked for my opinion.

Please help me understand what you think the prosecutor did or said?

And I gave you pretty specific examples - criticizing the media, the internet, the witnesses came forward.

Perhaps you might address the previous, unremarked reply to another query of yours?

e: Or perhaps I need to clarify further: The fact that no true bill was returned does not mean that 9 or more jurors felt there wasn't probable cause. We don't know how many jurors felt there was probable cause, but we know that fewer than 9 felt there were probable cause. The break point is 9 out of 12 must agree there is probable cause for indictment. It need not be unanimous or majority for no true bill to be returned. Any fewer than 9 results in no true bill.
edit on 22Tue, 25 Nov 2014 22:47:05 -0600America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago11 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

From our local FOX station's facebook here in DFW. www.facebook.com...

#Ferguson protestors marching tonight in downtown Dallas... police have shut part of I-35 down as they walk along & are lying down on the highway...northbound lanes between Reunion & Commerce shut down...

Im surprised none of them got hit when they got on i35.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
This is what it looks like so bash all you want!!

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Enh. Their desire to loot stores and burn cars doesn't supercede other people's rights to drive down the street and hit the gas station. Pretty sure if people weren't acting like idiots, they wouldn't be getting told to go home.

Sure, so go after those idiots, don't gas an entire town because of a few bad apples. There's a fine line between police who are PUBLIC SERVANTS BEING PAID BY THE PUBLIC, and fascism.
edit on 25-11-2014 by AutOmatIc because: stopthemadness

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

This is horrible. Does someone want civil war? I sure as heck don't.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Not sure how pointing out that people who are inflicting damage on things that don't belong to them during their "protest" forfeit their right to assemble is bashing. Don't much care whether it's ferguson, atlanta, Detroit, or anywhere else. I was explaining the law in regards to illegal assembly. Don't like the law, write your congressman or congresswoman.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I knew this was going to be bad, but this really is getting out of control!
Got a feeling martial law is a few steps away if they keep this up.
Dont get me wrong, I support the peaceful protesters. But those who are over stepping the boundaries will cause the majority to be caught in the cross fires of their inability to control their anger.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   

So that when the police start wading in to the crowd and grabbing people to arrest them, everybody can scream about how brutal they were?

link   

Home of the free, Home of the brave.

link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

No justice No peace!!!

Hands up don't shoot!!

You don't think these methods will not change things?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Here's another link from a local DFW station, NBC. They have a live video feed, but it looks like the police kicked the protesters off the highway and arrested a few of them. Im not sure what streets they're on now, but they're still in the downtown area.

www.nbcdfw.com...

Dozens of people protesting the decision by a grand jury in Missouri not to indict a police officer involved in a deadly shooting walked onto Interstate 35E in Downtown Dallas on Tuesday.

I was watching the live feed from WFAA (feed is down now) when they walked onto i35. Some formed a line across the entire Northbound side, plus some of them just laid right down in the middle of the highway.

new topics

top topics

<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join