It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ferguson Grand Jury: No Indictment for Darren Wilson in Michael Brown Shooting

page: 53
<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Well, this looks like a whole lot of crazy again over the Pond. I may be old fashioned but i just don't understand a perceived social injustice can lead to looting.

I get the rioting, even if i don't necessarily agree with it. I just think you have to be a special kind of stupid to wreck your own neighbourhood. How does that help anyone or even link to the situation in hand?

Also, not sure how reliable it is or not but over here in the UK we are hearing of shots being fired at Police, etc........nothing like exacerbating a situation, eh?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: mrsdudara
A tazer would put him down whether he was reaching for his johnson or a gun.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

I do know that he was a # shot though.

Just another piece of evidence this man shouldn't have even been a LEO.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
a reply to: nullafides

Resorting to calling me a parrot again, I see.

So when you no longer have facts to support your opinion, you resort to name-calling.

No, not name calling. Look deeper, and see that I am using it as an analogy.

Frankly, from an aesthetic standpoint, I wouldn't mind being called a parrot. They're beautiful, and can fly.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

Perhaps the lesson here is that we need more public announcement broadcast bands to tell the public stop what they are doing the minute a cop points a gun at you.

hell yeah
drop leaflets from the air, hiroshima style
with pictures and everything

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: mrsdudara

originally posted by: luthier

So just to be clear brown stole two cigars and there is no proof he reached for a gun or punched a cop.

Except there IS proof.

Even if there was no proof: When a cop points a gun at you , do what he says unless you want to commit suicide.

Perhaps the lesson here is that we need more public announcement broadcast bands to tell the public stop what they are doing the minute a cop points a gun at you.

Silly me and I always thought that warning to NOT put a plastic bag over your head was idiotic.

Again heirsay. He could have drawn and fired without warning. There is video.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

The defence of excessive force is getting preposterous.

Ahh but there is the grub , they didn't make this a thing about excessive force. They made this about racism despite the fact that white people get shot and harassed by cops as well.

Had they not made this a racist thing perhaps then the actual problem could be fixed. Now all they done is made things worse for everyone and the cycle will continue.

edit on 021130America/ChicagoTue, 25 Nov 2014 09:02:56 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

Yeah, there's so much fricking wrong with their exchange, it's insane.

link   
a reply to: TKDRL

Please please PLEASE provide your source for stating Ofc Wilson had a taser. Because the only thing I've seen about a taser was that he did NOT have one. He said it. The PD said it. It was in the evidence submitted to the grand jury. And NO picture of Wilson on that day shows him carrying a taser. So by all means, source that for us!

Oh, one more thing: tasers have a maximum range. Brown was already at the far edge of that range when Wilson deployed his firearm.

link   

What i am saying is a police officer shouldnt be able to murder someone for stealing two cigars. .

you can keep saying he was murdered for taking cigars all you want but that does not make it so.
that is another point people seem to keep on missing

thats the defining event to you right? the theft of cigars
you my friend are missing the rest of the picture

link   

What i am saying is a police officer shouldnt be able to murder someone for stealing two cigars.

OH come on. He did not get shot for stealing two cigars. He got shot for attacking a cop!

link   
a reply to: nullafides
Funny how it is only the African Americans that tend to cry foul, and use the race card when they are not getting their way, and if they feel backed in a corner, they will do anything. As I stated, this is not about justice, it is for revenge. They are not working within the system, that takes too much time, rather they are demanding action and wanting blood. That is not justice, but revenge.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

So just to be clear brown stole two cigars and there is no proof he reached for a gun or punched a cop.

So just to be clear, Brown stole a box of cigars, roughed up the store owner, punched a cop in a police car and tried to steal his gun, and then within the next minute charged towards the police officer in what was going to be an obvious assault. The forensics prove it. There is indeed proof that he tried to steal the gun and that he assaulted the cop.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6
I thought all cops nowadays were issued tazers? If not, there is a serious part of the problem right there....

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

I agree pal...

This is bigger than race...

It's bigger than class...

I dare say it's an us against them mentality between civilians and gun toting pigs..(not decent cops) pigs.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Again heirsay. He could have drawn and fired without warning. There is video.

Ohh, so that is hearsay but the cop being racist or shooting without no provocation is factual?

And If its ALL hearsay then why are they rioting and is it justified?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

He wasn't killed for stealing cigars. He was killed for assaulting an officer and going for his weapon. Big difference. There is also plenty of evidence such as blood splatter in the car, gun shot residue on Mike Brown, bullet holes in the car, and MB was shot in the hand as he reached for the gun.

MB signed his own death warrant.

Secondly, once you go for an officer's weapon they are shooting to stop the threat even if that means you die. This isn't the movies where the villain gets shot in the leg. Most people, even trained officers, are simply not that accurate with a handgun in the heat of the moment.

This was tragic, but to act MB was some innocent kid killed is just plain ignorant. There are plenty of cases that warrant protest, but this is not one of them.

link   

So all LEOs should be sharpshooters now?

Most officers spend their career never firing a shot while on duty, so aside from periodic qualification exams, some officers don't put too much attention into making sure they can hit a target. Imagine it from the other side too, if Wilson was known to have practiced shooting frequently at human analogue targets, he'd be painted as "Someone looking for an excuse to shoot someone for real".

The reality is, if Wilson could qualify with a firearm, he's qualified to carry it on duty. Adrenaline DOES have an affect on aim, you know. If you're panicking and trying to save your own life, you'd probably miss a few shots as well.

link   

The defence of excessive force is getting preposterous.

Ahh but there is the grub , they didn't make this a thing about excessive force. They made this about racism despite the fact that white people get shot and harassed by cops as well.

Had they not made this a racist thing perhaps then the actual problem could be fixed. Now all they done is made things worse for everyone and the cycle will continue.

Is it not a rational thing for those who are not violently acting out and destroying things over perceived racism to attempt to refocus the cause and outcry?

Frankly, I think it is highly probable that racism in the way that the officer reacted was to some degree involved. I also think it the reaction on the officers side was most likely unnecessary and an overreaction. I also find it rather probable to come to the conclusion that Brown behaved violently.

All three need to be addressed.

link   

Attention!!!

This thread is being watched closely by ATS Staff.

You WILL refrain from name calling, insults and off topic posts!

Discuss the subject, NOT each other. If you have an issue with a person's post, please click on the Alert button and let the staff deal with it.

Continuing to do so may result in post removals, and possible Post Bannings.

You are responsible for your own posts. and We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

That means name-calling and snide remarks are not only not needed but also are not welcome.....Community Announcement re: Decorum

Proceed accordingly.

eriktheawful
ATS Moderator

*Do not reply to this post

top topics

<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join